Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Directv vs Viacom Battle

Re: Directv vs Viacom Battle

TCM HD coming soon to Directv. Disney Jr. debuted today on Directv.

I might threaten to cancel to see if I can get the Sunday Ticket for free.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I watch Comedy Central quite a bit-- The Daily News and The Colbert Show are phenomenal. My oldest child adores three or four shows on the Nick channels. My wife watches Nick and Nite after the kids have gone to bed.

Ouch.

TCM in HD?

Awesome
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I basically watch none of the channels but my 10 year old likes some of the young kids shows on Nick.
    I noticed they are showing the Encore channels free during this dispute. Many of the movies on these channels,however are from the 70' and 80's.
    I'm going to call Directv because while they're making it free during this dispute I pay something like $5/month for that Encore package. It has like 8 channels. The only reason I get it is for the Encore Western channel. I love watching the old TV westerns.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    TCM HD coming soon to Directv. Disney Jr. debuted today on Directv.

I might threaten to cancel to see if I can get the Sunday Ticket for free.
    Work'em baby!

I "juked" them last year. My local channels are out of Dayton, yet I live closer to Columbus. Unfortunately, the Dayton channel, during football season, rarely if ever, broadcasts games of my fav team. I told them I was entertaining an offer from TW that gave me my locals from Columbus, and I wasn't going to go another season not being able to watch them. Directv fixed me right up. Going to do it again this year too.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think all this chopping and slicing and dicing of TV shows is going to remove any kind of loyalty or favoritism that people might have for providers like Viacom, DirecTV, Time Warner, etc.

All this threatening and cutting off of channels and holding customers hostage is a completely bass-ackwards way of doing business and they are cutting their own throat.

The future is internet-based channels ala Netflix and the sooner companies realize that, the better off they'll be. Just ask one-time huge names in the video market like Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, and all those companies about becoming a dinosaur.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Got $10 off my bill and Starz free for six months just for calling. Heard about this deal on Twitter @Directv
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I might have to call if it's $10 off a month. I don't care about movie channels, it's almost a burden having to remember to call and cancel them in 6 months.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Got $10 off my bill and Starz free for six months just for calling. Heard about this deal on Twitter @Directv
    We called today and got Stars/showtime free for 6 months, $10 credit for 6 months, and $8 off our DVR for 6 months. So call now before a deal is reached!
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

In case you didn't know Viacom and DTV came to an agreement. From everything I read Viacom gave up most of their demands. Not a significant increase and DTV will not have to carry the Epix channel.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dir...ers-2012-07-20
    Reds Fan Since 1971

These days, with all the shows you can watch streaming over Hulu Plus and Netflix, I'm surprised Viacom would try to pull a stunt like that. If I could, I would just pay for the live sports channels and kids channels and just stick with a Hulu Plus and Netflix subscription, which I can watch streaming over the tv through my Xbox.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?