Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: 7/13/12 - Reds vs Cardinals

Re: 7/13/12 - Reds vs Cardinals

4 wins in a row. That just hit me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Likely to be the theme of the second half for that team."Cards fail" just has a nice ring to it.
    Possibly, if they don't fix the bullpen issues.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Possibly, if they don't fix the bullpen issues.
    Probably need some help in the rotation too.

Wainwright has 1 win all season vs. teams above .500 (1-7). With the Cards playing a much tougher schedule this half he needs to pitch much better against the good teams.

A lot might depend if Garcia can come back from his shoulder issues.

Kelly has a poor K/W ratio and simply isn't misisng many bats. HIs BABIP will wear pretty thin soon I would guess. I also guess that his stuff will play up better as a reliever. If Garcia can send him to the bullpen if might be a double win for the Cards. Kelly just looks like a decent reliever to me. He could be like Lynn was last year out of the pen.

Lynn needs to be the Lynn of April/May and not the Lynn of June/July.

Right now the duo of Lohse/Westbrook are their two best starters.

The Cards starters aren't giving the bullpen the luxary of many innings theses days, so the back end of Salas, Marte, Browning, Scrabble and Cleto are getting exposed.

Chalk this one up as one that always seems to get forgotten--winning games you have no business winning. Two botched plays in the infield, leave the bases loaded twice in the late innings, score two runs on a dribbler to first...

Also, I was very surprised to see Dusty turn to Simon instead of trying to stubbornly squeeze one more inning out of Latos. That move is newsworthy. Was it the result of some stepping back from the day to day grind over the AS Break and noting some things, or just a blind squirrel moment?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Chalk this one up as one that always seems to get forgotten--winning games you have no business winning. Two botched plays in the infield, leave the bases loaded twice in the late innings, score two runs on a dribbler to first...

Also, I was very surprised to see Dusty turn to Simon instead of trying to stubbornly squeeze one more inning out of Latos. That move is newsworthy. Was it the result of some stepping back from the day to day grind over the AS Break and noting some things, or just a blind squirrel moment?
    I understand what you're saying, and you're probably right, but leaving the game I didn't have that sense. My feeling was basically something akin to, "that was a scrappy game, glad we won it." Maybe we're examining two sides to the same coin. I certainly didn't have the sense that we're definitely going to win this game, but it was a team effort and we're tied for first.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

OK J, I almost forgive you.

Turn Off Ads?