Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 7/17/2012 Reds vs Snakes

Re: 7/17/2012 Reds vs Snakes

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Or maybe not. All that talk of saving Chappy was futile. I thought Marshall should have one more batter, so what do I know?

Mea Culpa.
    Mea Culpa....wasn't he a righty in the D'backs pen their first year?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another victory carried out on the back of Ryan Ludwick (Beethoven). Play him every day. He may not hit .300' but his OBP is .310 and rising. Slugging .495.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

29-2 when Stubbs scores.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Nah we would celebrate as he leads them to a division title.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...lie+bloomquist
    I remember that thread. Thanks for posting it--it was a fun read!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I just remember him playing all those years with the twin double play combo, Hal & Al Eluia.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Kinda feels like the Diamondbacks rushed Bauer.
    That's what I thought too. I don't think I have ever seen a MLB pitcher bounce as many pitches as Bauer did. He probably needs the rest of this season in the minors to refine his stuff.
    Ludwick keeps on hitting. This off season pickup keeps looking better. The bullpen is just impeccable. It's really been amazing how good overall they have been this season.
    I should add that this was really a slog of a game. Every inning just kept on dragging.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 07-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That's what I thought too. I don't think I have ever seen a MLB pitcher bounce as many pitches as Bauer did. He probably needs the rest of this season in the minors to refine his stuff.
    Ludwick keeps on hitting. This off season pickup keeps looking better. The bullpen is just impeccable. It's really been amazing how good overall they have been this season.
    Ludwick was really flailing at offspeed junk early in the year, but he has settled in really well. I liked how he explained that HR at-bat last night. Said that Bauer could only throw one of his pitches for a strike that inning, the changeup, so he went up there looking for a changeup in the strike zone and hammered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I really don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' answer as to whether to bring Chapman in. I think it's overkill myself, but I don't think it's an awful decision.

I suppose Dusty didn't want to chance it. I get that.
    I guess Dusty got burned by Coco too much last year and doesn't want to risk it

I think it was a little overkill to bring in Chapman, but since he was already warmed up.. why not use him?

If Dusty had no one warming up when Marshall was struggling, people would be upset, and justifiably so.

Logan's recent ineffectiveness didn't really make him a good option to bail out Marshall.. I think Arrendondo had already pitched (but I can't remember 100%)
    I guess it was down to Chapman or a second teir guy.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Reds win 4-0. Combined 8 hit shutout
    Any Reds win is a nice one but what a horrible game to watch. Ever heard of a 4-0 game being 3 and a half hours long? It just dragged. If Marty had done it on WLW we'd have heard him moaning about that indeed. And it would have been much longer if the D-Backs hadn't helped us out so much by swinging when our pitchers were having trouble with the strike zone

Interesting report from Elias on the Reds beat writers' blogs today.

The game last night was the first time since April 22, 2005 that any MLB team had a starting lineup of nine right handed hitters against a right handed pitcher.

Also the first time the Reds started nine righties, none switch hitters, against any pitcher since May 8, 2001, against Randy Johnson (20 Ks).

Turn Off Ads?