Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

It looks like Bengals C Kyle Cook may be out for the year. Nothing official yet but the rumors are it a serious ankle injury

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...3-361b4d6a0abc

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengals final cuts are in:

Full list of transactions here:

http://www.bengals.com/news/transactions.html

Roddrick Muckleroy is the only surprise there. I was glad to see Burfict make it and I guess they don't need 3 MLBs

With all these injuries and the tough schedule, it appears it's going to be a difficult season for the Bengals. Hopefully, the defense can dominate and lead them to the playoffs, but an 8-8 record looks likely. I hope I'm wrong and I can't wait for the games to start.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    With all these injuries and the tough schedule, it appears it's going to be a difficult season for the Bengals. Hopefully, the defense can dominate and lead them to the playoffs, but an 8-8 record looks likely. I hope I'm wrong and I can't wait for the games to start.
    I'm leaning more towards 6-10. The offensive line is a mess, after AJ Green the receivers are a huge question mark, and the defense is banged up. I also see a sophomore slump coming from Andy Dalton due to the chaos around him. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm not feeling a good season in Cincy this year.

The fact they think Dennis Roland is the best option at backup T....or any post on the OL is scary to me.

Roland would be awful as a starting tackle however as a backup he is very valuable to this team as he can play multiple positions. If he is starting the Bengals will be in BIG trouble.

I would say this is a 6 win team if everything bounces there way 8-9 wins. Love Dalton, Green and Gresham but honestly there ain't much after that on offense. Biggest mistake of the draft not packaging those multiple picks to slide back up and get Wilson from Tech.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

So who is Dalton going to be throwing to besides Green?

Losing two offensive linemen before the season starts certainly has put a damper on things. I also don't feel good about the secondary.

The receiver group actually doesn't bother me. I think it can easily be made to work with one elite guy and a few average players. Obviously, I'm assuming some of those guys can be average.

Pretty much have to hope Andy Dalton can take a big leap forward or it's going to be a 4-6 win season.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Code:
    @ Baltimore
    Cleveland
    @ Washington
    @ Jacksonville
    Miami
    @ Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Bye
    NY Giants
    @ KC
    Oakland
    @ San Diego
    Dallas
    @ Philly
    @ Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    I am looking at the Bengals schedule and really don't know what to think. If you go off of last year, they could/should start the season off 5-1. But after the Cleveland game the schedule takes a turn for the harder.

I think in general the Bengals are trending up while the Ravens and Steelers are trending down. It could be a blessing/curse getting them the last game of the season.

They need to beat up on the teams they should beat while stealing a game or two that they aren't favored.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Shipley cut again.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Shipley cut again.
    Yes, he was waived by TB 4 days ago

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Flacco having no issue picking apart the secondary.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Flacco having no issue picking apart the secondary.
    Too bad the Bengals didn't have an extra $15 million in cap space to properly address the secondary instead of signing a parade of re-treads.

Oh, wait...

The Bengals are doing nothing to make me think I was wrong to predict a crap season.

Turn Off Ads?