Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 7/28/12 - Reds @ Rockies

Re: 7/28/12 - Reds @ Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Well, ESPN goes back to 2002, and in that span, we've swept 2 road trips. Both were only 3 game series though. May 10-12 in 2010 against the Pirates. June 10-12, 2003 against the Rays. A six game road trip....that'll take more digging than I have time for.

Regardless of tomorrows outcome....DAMN we're playing great. :O)
    I know in 1999 we had a 7 game road trip in Houston and Arizona that we swept. And those were damn good teams at the time, so that was a really impressive trip.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/28/12 - Reds @ Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I know in 1999 we had a 7 game road trip in Houston and Arizona that we swept. And those were damn good teams at the time, so that was a really impressive trip.
    We made our family's "trip of a lifetime" that year, a 3 week trip out west, thru my wife's home in Missouri, down to Oklahoma, and throughout the southwest. In Oklahoma we encountered some Astros fans near the OKC memorial. My daughter, then 16, saw them and laughed at that like "ha, Reds win" or something like that. In general, that's completely out of character for her, but she takes her baseball seriously. We watched the All Star game in Denver and one exclamation was "Scott Williamson got a named to the All Star team!" or whoever was the last minute addition.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?