Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G'day all from Australia

Re: G'day all from Australia

Cheers will walk it for sure, might give the chilli a miss tho, i'm a bit soft when it comes to hot food

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dude, try the chili. It's not hot, but rather a weird, Greek inspired riff on pastichio. You'll love it or hate it, but you have to try it because its one of the true Cincinnati originals.
    And goetta.....which is even weirder, but many of us have family recipes for it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Graeters Ice Cream, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Dude, try the chili. It's not hot, but rather a weird, Greek inspired riff on pastichio. You'll love it or hate it, but you have to try it because its one of the true Cincinnati originals.
    And goetta.....which is even weirder, but many of us have family recipes for it.
    AGREED!

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    make sure to have some skyline chili (a coney), either at the ballpark or outside of it. it's a cincinnati staple.

walk the roebling bridge near the ballpark. it's awesome and it separates kentucky from cincinnati.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Graeters Ice Cream, for sure!
    Take this with a grain of salt since, unlike most here, I don't live in CIN. That aside, yeah, I guess right to encourage trying the skyline chili since it is such a hallmark of the area's cuisine but here's the thing: by any reasonably objective measure of what defines good food, it's bad. Really bad. But to each his or her own.

Graeters, on the other hand, is excellent ice cream with a location also in Fountain Square.

Here's a recc you need to write down and save that I'm guessing even many locals won't know about since relatively new. Best barbecue you'll find in the area and every bit the equal of other parts of the US much better known for their 'q (like Texas, the Carolinas, Tennessee):

http://elisbarbeque.com/

Lots of outdoor seating and fantastic Reds scene after a game for dinner. Not expensive. Right now, they have original drawings of all the Reds greats past and present on the wall for sale. Love this place! You'd need a car, cab or friend to get there. Maybe 15 min from downtown. Oz has great 'q with all that barbie stuff. This is a totally worthy place for an Aussie to try some seriously high quality American 'q.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Willing to try anything once, have even eaten bbq'd worms once cos it was a local delicacy!

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt since, unlike most here, I don't live in CIN. That aside, yeah, I guess right to encourage trying the skyline chili since it is such a hallmark of the area's cuisine but here's the thing: by any reasonably objective measure of what defines good food, it's bad. Really bad. But to each his or her own.

Graeters, on the other hand, is excellent ice cream with a location also in Fountain Square.

Here's a recc you need to write down and save that I'm guessing even many locals won't know about since relatively new. Best barbecue you'll find in the area and every bit the equal of other parts of the US much better known for their 'q (like Texas, the Carolinas, Tennessee):

http://elisbarbeque.com/

Lots of outdoor seating and fantastic Reds scene after a game for dinner. Not expensive. Right now, they have original drawings of all the Reds greats past and present on the wall for sale. Love this place! You'd need a car, cab or friend to get there. Maybe 15 min from downtown. Oz has great 'q with all that barbie stuff. This is a totally worthy place for an Aussie to try some seriously high quality American 'q.
    I disagree about Skyline. I think it's awesome. And nothing screams Cincinnati more than Skyline (outside of the Reds of course)!

I wouldn't call Cincinnati style chili a delicacy, but then whenever I'm in Philly I get a cheese steak, of which some of the most renowned are actually made with cheez whiz. Yet, it's just what you do.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quick questions is stub hub the best place to get tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    Quick questions is stub hub the best place to get tickets?
    It honestly depends on the game/series, where you want to sit, and when you decide to buy.

But generally speaking, I would say it is.

Sent a email to the club asking for some assistance on tours etc and after a follow up email still no reply which is bloody annoying. Regardless of that i've booked all my tickets all in different seats and areas so i see the games from all angles, so bloody excited can't wait for September to roll around!!! Also what a bloody win today

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-08-2013),camisadelgolf (05-08-2013),oneupper (05-21-2013)

Leave 4 weeks tomorrow, to say i'm excited is probably an understatement.
    Melbourne to Cincinnati - September 1st - 12th 2013

someone at the reds org needs to roll out the red carpet for you. someone here should try to help make it happen if they can. very excited for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    someone at the reds org needs to roll out the red carpet for you. someone here should try to help make it happen if they can. very excited for you.
    I really don't think i'm worth of any red carpet, I'm just super excited to furfil a dream of mine.

couldn't of asked for a better night to arrive with the fire works. Some characters around tho, either way looking forward to the game

18. Likes:

reds1869 (09-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?