Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/15/2012 Mets at Reds

Re: 8/15/2012 Mets at Reds

These cats are fun to watch. Glad I went ahead and got the MLB.tv this year.
    Is it "next season" yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds have played outstanding defense in this series so far. Team has a mediocre UZR rating, really makes you wonder. I think they are excellent afield.

Cozart leadoff double
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds have played outstanding defense in this series so far. Team has a mediocre UZR rating, really makes you wonder. I think they are excellent afield.
    It really mkaes me question UZR ratings....

Cozart doubles, his third of the series. Low OBP guy so far, but Zack is playing real well.

Cozart doubles, his third of the series. Low OBP guy so far, but Zack is playing real well.
    It feels like he's starting to give a lot more quality at-bats recently. Maybe it's just me, but I am becoming more optimistic his OBP will start to rise.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It really mkaes me question UZR ratings....
    Drew Stubbs has a below zero UZR rating.

Meanwhile, he was voted third best outfield defender in the NL in the managers poll by Baseball America.

The Reds outfielders all have low UZR ratings. I think Ludwick is average, Stubbs and Bruce well above average. Strange.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Drew Stubbs has a below zero UZR rating.

Meanwhile, he was voted third best outfield defender in the NL in the managers poll by Baseball America.

The Reds outfielders all have low UZR ratings. I think Ludwick is average, Stubbs and Bruce well above average. Strange.
    Don't trust UZR as much either, but I think Jay's low rating this year is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    It feels like he's starting to give a lot more quality at-bats recently. Maybe it's just me, but I am becoming more optimistic his OBP will start to rise.
    Still isn't walking much. It's BA driven, but he's got good power and hits the ball with authority and for extra bases.

Ron Darling announcing for the Mets says that Joe Morgan was the first hitter he ever faced in the big leagues. He struck Joe out.

Two down now with man on second base. Ludwick up.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Rolen has a .740 OPS. I find that amazing.

Third passed ball by Thole tonight. Can't blame him with the knuckler.

Ludwick trying to stay alive with two outs, having his trouble with Dickey.

Man on third, two outs, Reds by two, fifth inning.

Ludwick just totally baffled by Dickey.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Ludwick Ks. 3-1 after five.

Still isn't walking much. It's BA driven, but he's got good power and hits the ball with authority and for extra bases.
    No he's not, but that's why he said he's been giving better at-bats recently. He's working the count a lot better, and in fact this is the second straight game he's drawn a walk. Hence, the numbers may not show it yet, but he's showing signs of bringing up his OBP because the walks may begin to follow.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?