Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Director Tony Scott jumps off bridge

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Director Tony Scott jumps off bridge

That was unexpected.

RIP
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tony Scott passes away.

A source close to the Scott family just confirmed to Deadline that famed movie director and TV producer Tony Scott “has passed away. We ask that the family’s privacy be respected at this time.” Hollywood is shocked by this tragic news that he committed suicide because British-born Scott was well-liked personally and professionally and had a lauded and thriving career. “He was the loveliest guy. Genuinely,” a family friend tells Deadline. “He was one of the good ones.” Scott was best known for classic action films like Top Gun, Days Of Thunder, Beverly Hills Cop II, True Romance, and Crimson Tide, and the most recent Unstoppable. He also is a credited producer on this summer’s Fox blockbuster Prometheus directed by his brother Ridley Scott.
    RIP

Re: Director Tony Scott jumps off bridge

Most suicides are

Had to look it up. Film director. Top Gun, Days of Thunder, BH cop 2, Enemy of the State among others.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Word is he had inoperable brain cancer

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

More sad news, Phyllis Diller passed away at the age of 95. Always thought she was a hoot.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

A year or so ago I posted that I always confused Tony Scott and Michael Bay, but the difference was that T. Scott's movies were watchable and had plots that made sense. I tended to enjoy his movies, even though they weren't high art. I thought his last one, "Unstoppable", was a lot of fun.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Word is he had inoperable brain cancer
    They have now said that was a false report. ABC reported that this morning but now they say that is not true.

so sad...guys was extremely talented...Enemy of the State is one of my all time favorite films

Quote Originally Posted by knuckleballah22 View Post
    so sad...guys was extremely talented...Enemy of the State is one of my all time favorite films
    Maybe it's just me, but that is one scary movie.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Man on Fire is one of my favorite movies.

Turn Off Ads?