Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 8/28/2012 Reds at D'Backs

High five!

Re: 8/28/2012 Reds at D'Backs

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Not with some people. Just because you might not believe that doesn't mean there aren't others that do. It's not a strawman because there are people that have pretty much said as much in the past.

If you don't feel that way, then the comment doesn't apply to you and there's no reason for you to be defensive. But it does most definitely apply to *some* people.
    Aliens, unicorns and non-canonical "Bosom Buddies" fanfic aren't strawmen with "some people" either.

Argue against the individual, not the mind-constructed "scary golem of bad thinking" that doesn't really exist.

To me, "some people" can't make an argument without constructing the scariest amalgamation of poor thinking from different individuals.

LOL, see what I did there?

I'm high fiving myself.

Clap clap

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    I don't know how you guys are staying up for these games like this. It's only 9:30 here, but by 11:30, I like to have been out for 1.5 hours...and I know that not everyone on here is simply younger than my 50 years of age.
    I don't even attempt to START watching these games. I work at 5:30 in the morning, no chance at all that I'm watching them. It IS a nice way to wake up in the morning and see a Reds win though. Just keep these W's coming. It's not too much to ask is it?

And yes, you're old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

I love swinga! To the moon and in the June-a, and the spring-a. I love to swinga! Towards the sky that's blue or a double for two. I looooooove to swiiiiiiing.
    I found the entire cartoon on youtube.

I Love to Singa - YouTube
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?