Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/4/2012 Phils at Reds

9/4/2012 Phils at Reds

Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 9/4/2012 Phils at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Stubbs leading off and Valdez 2nd. Ooh boy.............

1. Drew Stubbs (R) CF
    2. Wilson Valdez (R) SS
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Honestly what does Valdez offer that Gregorious could not have done for even one start?

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Honestly what does Valdez offer that Gregorious could not have done for even one start?
    Veteranness

Heisey must have expressed a severe distaste for merlots and Bob Marley.

Oh Boy.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Nothing like putting 2 sure outs at the top of the order, day in and day out. Looking forward to tomorrow with Votto in the lineup to see if BP is batting leadoff and to see who is batting #2. In my opinion, no chance at an extended playoff run with Stubbs and Valdez/Cozart batting in the top two spots.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    Nothing like putting 2 sure outs at the top of the order, day in and day out. Looking forward to tomorrow with Votto in the lineup to see if BP is batting leadoff and to see who is batting #2. In my opinion, no chance at an extended playoff run with Stubbs and Valdez/Cozart batting in the top two spots.
    Firstly, Baker has already said that Philips would bat leadoff when Votto was back.

Secondly, the Reds are 4th in runs scored since the all star break with those two batting 1-2 and no Votto in the line up.

Thirdly, an extended playoff run, in baseball, is as much a matter of luck than anything else. Look at the world series winners the last 15 years or so. If a lineup is good enough to get you to the playoffs, it's good enough to win you the world series.

We'd all like to see high on base guys batting 1-2. But it's not obvious who those would be on this team.

Bow-tie Tuesday.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    I agree on Stubbs, his season like last has disintegrated on offense and he's a liability in the batting order, really wherever he bats.

I don't agree on Cozart being a "sure out." It's probably just Redszone hyperbole, but maybe we shouldn't be lumping these two guys together so much.

Cozart has 32 doubles this year, to lead all MLB shortstops. He also has 15 homers and a slugging percentage over .400. Now, yes, his OBP is subpar and perhaps he's not ideal leading off, but he's been productive on offense for a SS.

I think Phillips leading off and Cozart hitting second would be a reasonable one two punch. I'd prefer a lefty OBP man, but with the current group, this would be acceptable to me.

Rollins flies out to center.

Frandsen strikes out swinging.

Utley grounds out to 2nd. 0-0 mid 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think Phillips leading off and Cozart hitting second would be a reasonable one two punch. I'd prefer a lefty OBP man, but with the current group, this would be acceptable to me.
    I'd like to see, given the current roster, Phillips 1, Rolen/Frazier 2.

Good inning from Latos.

Turn Off Ads?