Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 9/14/2012 Reds at Marlins

Re: 9/14/2012 Reds at Marlins

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Bad baseball is bad baseball. There is never an excuse for calling it in. If we get beat, we get beat, but play hard and execute.
    I always get concerned when the Reds play in a stadium like this. It's so different from GABP. The Reds' style of hitting just isn't made for this type of stadium.

Sometimes it works out, but watching them pop up three straight times after Ludwick walks to lead off the inning . . . .

2. Turn Off Ads?

Have to count on the Dodgers to get that magic number lower.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes he eats you.
    Well...the thing about bears is you never know when they will attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    All the onus has been on developing pitchers and defense. They need to invest in a different hitting approach.
    True. Time to work on the offense.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

"I'm so pissed off about this loss tonight" -- Absolutely no one.

Simon in

- Velazquez struck out swinging
    - Dobbs grounded out to first
    - Solano grounds out to short
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I always get concerned when the Reds play in a stadium like this. It's so different from GABP. The Reds' style of hitting just isn't made for this type of stadium.

Sometimes it works out, but watching them pop up three straight times after Ludwick walks to lead off the inning . . . .
    Why do they need a full game to figure it out? Just by reading the dimensions and walking out there....I think they can get the idea that trying to hit homer runs is not going to work.

This whole "Watching Sports And Not Being Bi-Polar Depending On How The Reds Are Doing" is quite the concept. I should look into it.

(Having your team clinch the divisional title with a month remaining in the season does help.)

If the Reds don't score in the 9th, it will be the first time since June 28th (and the third overall) that they have been shut out this season.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

If the Reds don't score in the 9th, it will be the first time since June 28th (and the third overall) that they have been shut out this season.
    They suck. All the wins have been a mirage.

Because Bruce and Valdez obviously weren't trying?
    Trying is ok is little league. This is the big leagues. You are paid to execute. That 10 seconds of baseball cost us 2 runs. There is never an excuse for bad defense. Your offense will come and go because their is a guy throwing 90mph trying to get you out and sometimes he will win. However your defense is all on you. Those throws were not even close.

Other than the solo homerun, Bronson just gave up singles in a big ball park. He was really not hit that hard which is a sign of how he pitched.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Valdez grounds out to second
    Votto flies out to center

I will say one serious thing: If you didn't already appreciate Zack Cozart, you sure as hell do after watching Wilson Valdez pretend to be a starting SS for the last couple weeks.

Although, after watching Paul Janish the last couple years, you should have already been appreciating Cozart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Why do they need a full game to figure it out? Just by reading the dimensions and walking out there....I think they can get the idea that trying to hit homer runs is not going to work.
    Votto with a GABP home run.

Unfortunately, they aren't playing at GABP.

Two outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    "I'm so pissed off about this loss tonight" -- Absolutely no one.
    I'm not pissed at all. Our offense or the lack there of is a little bit of a concern. I'm glad that it is happening now and not the last week of September.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Turn Off Ads?