Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/20/12 - Reds @ Cubs

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 9/20/12 - Reds @ Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Fun Fact: This will be the first time Wrigley Field has hosted a game between two minor league teams.
    Nice.

That being said, I fully expect this lineup to produce no fewer than 13 runs today and help Cueto get win #18.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

It does look like the post clinch lineup but I am glad to see no Valdez in there

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    My guess is Dusty wrote the lineup out before he left. But this is pretty brutal considering Cueto is in need of a good outing, and a win would put him back in the Cy Young race.

In Fay's blog, Speier did say that this was Dusty's lineup. It almost sounded like he made it out yesterday before he had to go to the hospital.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Somebody can look it up, but Frazier has been a huge Cubs killer this year. If I remember correctly, especially at Wrigley.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Somebody can look it up, but Frazier has been a huge Cubs killer this year. If I remember correctly, especially at Wrigley.
    Correctamundo...

.647-.684-1.118-1.802

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Somebody can look it up, but the entire National League has been a huge Cubs killer this year. If I remember correctly, especially at Wrigley.
    here, fixed that for ya
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

This lineup tells you everything you need to know about the Reds philosophy re: Ryan Hanigan's spot in the lineup.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Not a single player in today's lineup started yesterday....lol.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

It's possible a number of our call ups have faced this guy. He pitched a good bit at AAA Norfolk for the O's.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    This lineup tells you everything you need to know about the Reds philosophy re: Ryan Hanigan's spot in the lineup.
    He's slow?

Wait--is this a Spring Training game?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Yes. Eric Milton is pitching against a college team later in the day as well.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Split squad game, the regulars are playing in Cincinnati tonight... lol.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

X-Man grounded out to pitcher
    Cairo singled to shallow left center
    Rodriguez walked, M. Cairo to second
    Frazier flied out to shallow center
    Heisey flied out to shallow right
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?