Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Proposal Advice

Trade Proposal Advice

I'm doing OK or great in two of my three leagues, but due to some unexpectedly poor starts and the lack of a top notch WR and TE, I'm really struggling in my third league (0-3). This is a standard scoring, no PPR league. We start a QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K and D.

Here's my team:

QB Cam Newton
    QB Andrew Luck

RB LeSean McCoy
    RB Darren McFadden
    RB Doug Martin
    RB Ryan Williams
    RB Tashard Choice

WR Dez Bryant
    WR Stevie Johnson
    WR Eric Decker
    WR Pierre Garcon
    WR Mike Williams

TE Jason Witten

K Nate Kaeding

D Atlanta (I switch just about every week based on matchups)

I've been offered Steve Smith (CAR) for Darren McFadden. My gut feeling is no, as, barring injury, Run DMC is certainly more valuable than Steve Smith, but I suppose it's worth considering due to my lack of a WR1 and the fact that I'd have a nice combination with Cam if he ever gets his stuff together. Personally, I think Doug Martin for Smith is a fairer trade.

Let me know your thoughts (and if you have any other ideas on improving this team)...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Proposal Advice

He accepted my counter offer of Martin for Smith...hope I did the right thing, as I can't afford to go 0-4.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Yeah -- Doug Martin is going to start losing carries to LaGarrette Blount as the Bucs try to jump start their offense.

Josh Freeman has been so bad this year that teams are having no problem stacking 8 in the box to stop the run. I don't think Martin is more than an RB/3 right now in terms of real value.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yeah -- Doug Martin is going to start losing carries to LaGarrette Blount as the Bucs try to jump start their offense.

Josh Freeman has been so bad this year that teams are having no problem stacking 8 in the box to stop the run. I don't think Martin is more than an RB/3 right now in terms of real value.
    So, I take it you think I did the right thing?

Yup.

That roster really needs help at the WR spot -- a guy like Smith will bring stability (he's rarely going to be completely shut out for a game). I'd think about scouting the waiver wire for another RB, though.

Also, I'd dump Mike Williams. Freeman doesn't throw for enough yardage to make having anyone other than V-Jax on that Tampa roster.

Thank you. The only RB I see available that is remotely interesting is Lamar Miller (while Reggie Bush is out). I thought about picking him up over Choice, but I suppose I could go with both and dump Mike Williams. As a Bucs fan, do you think that's a good move?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Thank you. The only RB I see available that is remotely interesting is Lamar Miller (while Reggie Bush is out). I thought about picking him up over Choice, but I suppose I could go with both and dump Mike Williams. As a Bucs fan, do you think that's a good move?
    Right now, Josh Freeman is playing QB like a combination of late-career Drew Bledsoe and J.P. Losman. He looks about as bad as anyone I've seen play the position in a while. He's become, for whatever reason, a statue in the pocket that's unwilling to use his legs and everything he's doing is slow (slow footwork on dropbacks, slow reads, slow/late delivery with the ball). He's a complete trainwreck, and probably a lost cause at this point due to the number of OCs he's had (3) and HCs he's had (2) in just 4 years.

The physical tools are there, but his head is completely screwed up. I'm guessing he'll be cut at season's end and the Bucs will be looking for a new QB in the draft.

I'd treat any Tampa WR/TE other than V-Jax as radioactive, at this point.

Thanks again for the advice; I'll recommend to my wife that she drop Freeman as her backup.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Jerome Simpson returns this week as a starter. He should be available in your league. I'd give him a look.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 09-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Jerome Simpson returns this week as a starter. He should be available in your league. I'd give him a look.
    That's not a bad idea...unfortunately, I'm somewhat handicapped by a silly 15 man maximum roster.

I did end up picking up Lamar Miller for Mike Williams, so I don't know who I can release to pick up Simpson (he is available). Barring further injuries, Lamar Miller and Tashard Choice are only short term potential solutions, so it'd probably be one of those two.

Is LeShoure available in your league? He's got a tough match up this week against min, but had a really nice debut last week and was available in most leagues.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Is LeShoure available in your league? He's got a tough match up this week against min, but had a really nice debut last week and was available in most leagues.
    Nope

If J. Best is out there you may want to stash him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nevermind Detroit kept him inactive.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I trade: A.J. Green and Darren McFadden
    I receive: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris and Demaryius Thomas

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
    QB Matt Ryan
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Darren McFadden
    WR A.J. Green
    WR Percy Harvin
    RB/WR Hakeem Nicks
    TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    RB Pierre Thomas
    RB Vick Ballard
    WR Domenik Hixon
    WR Davone Bess
    WR Mike Williams
    WR Donnie Avery

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring.

I never like to give up the best player in a trade (plus I'd be selling low on Run DMC), so I'm leaning towards no, but I'd like to get your thoughts.

Turn Off Ads?