Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Proposal Advice

Re: Trade Proposal Advice

That's a good haul for both of those players. I hate to give up Green but I think it is only a matter of time before teams start to double him over the top with a safety. You Wide out depth is really good plus you are getting two top 10 RB's as well as another top 15-20 WR. I would pull the trigger.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    That's a good haul for both of those players. I hate to give up Green but I think it is only a matter of time before teams start to double him over the top with a safety. You Wide out depth is really good plus you are getting two top 10 RB's as well as another top 15-20 WR. I would pull the trigger.
    Thanks for the advice...anyone else's is still welcome.

I like the trade for you. First of all, the upgrade from Hakeem Nicks to Alfred Morris should be big. Second of all, as we head into the part of the schedule with lots of bye weeks, the depth should come in handy. Also, neither Green nor Run DMC strike me as the guys most likely to stay healthy all year. Unless it's a keeper league, I'd accept it if I were you.

Plus McFaddens value is not as high in a non ppr league, where Morris is great in standard leagues.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Here's one more for you guys:

I trade: Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush
    I receive: Matt Ryan, Fred Jackson and Vick Ballard (he also has RG III)

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
    QB Michael Vick
    RB DeMarco Murray (hurt)
    RB Reggie Bush
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Victor Cruz
    WR Roddy White
    RB/WR Donald Brown (hurt)
    TE Jason Witten

Bench
    QB Jay Cutler (only on my team to start at QB this week)
    QB Joe Flacco
    RB Alex Green
    RB Pierre Thomas
    RB Jonathan Dwyer
    WR Kendall Wright
    WR Andre Roberts

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring. If you wouldn't do the trade, I'm certainly open to other ways to improve this 3-3 team.

Because of injuries, I understand the need to pull off a deal like this, but I would think you could get a little more in a deal involving Calvin Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Because of injuries, I understand the need to pull off a deal like this, but I would think you could get a little more in a deal involving Calvin Johnson.
    I thought the same thing. I clearly need an upgrade at QB either way, though.

Do you think Calvin for Matt Ryan is a fair deal for both teams?

Tbh, I like Vick's matchups coming up. I don't think you're in as much need for an upgrade as you think. Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, so if you deal him, I feel like you should be getting an elite player in return. I'd put more focus on getting a running back, especially with the flex position in your league. I think your initial offer has the right idea, but I don't have any confidence in Vick Ballard, and C.J. Spiller is killing Fred Jackson's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Tbh, I like Vick's matchups coming up. I don't think you're in as much need for an upgrade as you think. Megatron is the best WR in the NFL, so if you deal him, I feel like you should be getting an elite player in return. I'd put more focus on getting a running back, especially with the flex position in your league. I think your initial offer has the right idea, but I don't have any confidence in Vick Ballard, and C.J. Spiller is killing Fred Jackson's potential.
    That was actually his offer. Thanks for the input, though - especially with Murray being a disappointment, I could use another good RB.

I just acquired Megatron and Gates for A Hernandez, Leshoure, and Dez Bryant. Megatron, has not had the season to date, that prices him in the elite category. Yes past performance can be an indicator of future success, but the Lions just aren't the same this year, and now Burleson is done for the year. I can't see how that helps Megatron's value. The other guy in this scenario was running Gore and Mendenhall, and had Megatron, Fitzgerald and Nicks at WR.

Both teams benefit.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I trade: A.J. Green and Darren McFadden
    I receive: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris and Demaryius Thomas

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
    QB Matt Ryan
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Darren McFadden
    WR A.J. Green
    WR Percy Harvin
    RB/WR Hakeem Nicks
    TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    RB Donald Brown
    RB Vick Ballard
    RB Pierre Thomas
    WR Andre Roberts
    WR Mike Williams
    TE Greg Olsen (only here until Hernandez is healthy)

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring.

I never like to give up the best player in a trade (plus I'd be selling low on Run DMC), so I'm leaning towards no, but I'd like to get your thoughts.
    I didn't end up making this trade; maybe I should have. Anyway, I now have an offer of Alfred Morris for Percy Harvin. Thoughts?

I trade: A.J. Green and Darren McFadden
    I receive: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris and Demaryius Thomas

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
    QB Matt Ryan
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Darren McFadden
    WR A.J. Green
    WR Percy Harvin
    RB/WR Hakeem Nicks
    TE Aaron Hernandez

Bench
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    RB Pierre Thomas
    RB Vick Ballard
    WR Domenik Hixon
    WR Davone Bess
    WR Mike Williams
    WR Donnie Avery

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring.

I never like to give up the best player in a trade (plus I'd be selling low on Run DMC), so I'm leaning towards no, but I'd like to get your thoughts.
    As mentioned above, I decided not to do this despite two of you suggesting I do. I suspected Hakeem Nicks would start playing like he usually does. I was wrong, and now, coupled with Run DMC not surprisingly getting injured and Demaryius Thomas breaking out, I really wish I had listened to you guys!

Here's one more for you guys:

I trade: Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush
    I receive: Matt Ryan, Fred Jackson and Vick Ballard (he also has RG III)

My current team is:

Regular Lineup
    QB Michael Vick
    RB DeMarco Murray (hurt)
    RB Reggie Bush
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Victor Cruz
    WR Roddy White
    RB/WR Donald Brown (hurt)
    TE Jason Witten

Bench
    QB Jay Cutler (only on my team to start at QB this week)
    QB Joe Flacco
    RB Alex Green
    RB Pierre Thomas
    RB Jonathan Dwyer
    WR Kendall Wright
    WR Andre Roberts

This is a non PPR league; otherwise, standard scoring. If you wouldn't do the trade, I'm certainly open to other ways to improve this 3-3 team.
    I ended up trading Cruz for Ryan straight up. Honestly, I feel it was a good deal for both teams.

A little trade help here. A little back ground. Its a 13 team, 3 minimum 4 max keeper, .5 PPR league. We start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Defense. I am in 7th place right now with 6 making the playoffs (2nd highest point total though ) I am just out of the playoffs and am entering my bye week and probably will move into a playoff slot next week banking on one of the 3 teams ahead of me losing.

Anyway here is my roster
    QB: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
    RB: MDJ, CJ Spiller, Mendenhall, Mark Ingram
    WR: AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Denarius Moore, Devon Bess, Danario Alexander, and Dexter McCluster
    TE: Gronk
    DST: Doesn't matter.

Right now my keepers for next season will come from MJD, Luck, Green, Cruz, and Gronk. Hopefully I can parlay one of those guys for an early draft pick. I haven't played Luck at all this season but am confident going forward that Luck will be a damn good QB.

Anyway someone offered me Andre Johnson or Steven Ridley for Matt Ryan. I am leaning towards Andre Johnson but he has had a sub-par season so far. Fair trade? It may hurt me now, and really doesn't do much to my glut of keepers, but is Andre Johnson over Devon Bess worse than Matt Ryan over Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    A little trade help here. A little back ground. Its a 13 team, 3 minimum 4 max keeper, .5 PPR league. We start QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Defense. I am in 7th place right now with 6 making the playoffs (2nd highest point total though ) I am just out of the playoffs and am entering my bye week and probably will move into a playoff slot next week banking on one of the 3 teams ahead of me losing.

Anyway here is my roster
    QB: Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
    RB: MDJ, CJ Spiller, Mendenhall, Mark Ingram
    WR: AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Denarius Moore, Devon Bess, Danario Alexander, and Dexter McCluster
    TE: Gronk
    DST: Doesn't matter.

Right now my keepers for next season will come from MJD, Luck, Green, Cruz, and Gronk. Hopefully I can parlay one of those guys for an early draft pick. I haven't played Luck at all this season but am confident going forward that Luck will be a damn good QB.

Anyway someone offered me Andre Johnson or Steven Ridley for Matt Ryan. I am leaning towards Andre Johnson but he has had a sub-par season so far. Fair trade? It may hurt me now, and really doesn't do much to my glut of keepers, but is Andre Johnson over Devon Bess worse than Matt Ryan over Luck?
    Luck has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the year except for one game against the Texans. I would make the trade, and Johnson is a good choice. He has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way as well. Hopefully he can capitalize.

Turn Off Ads?