Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28/2012 Reds at Pirates

Re: 9/28/2012 Reds at Pirates

I don't see the point in hand wringing over the offense. What does it really mean anyway? It's not like there's a law that says if they're raking at the end of the season it guarantees that they won't get shut out during the playoffs. Fact is the Reds took care of business and clinched the division, their performance right now isn't of great importance.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Sub-2.50 ERA on the road this year as of right now. Not sure what more he needs to do for that to be an option. I agree with everyone that says they'd still take Latos or Cueto over Bailey on the road. But that's not even the issue. It's that you'd much rather have Cueto than Bailey pitching in Cincinnati. So let Homer pitch on the road and the Reds improve their odds.
    Yes...been preaching this for 2 weeks. Why not put your pitchers in the best position to succeed. Worry about the NLCS when you win the NLDS.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Not that anything is not going on, but if it weren't, it would be Alex Presley stopping it. That gnat just would be the one to do it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Not that anything is not going on, but if it weren't, it would be Alex Presley stopping it. That gnat just would be the one to do it.
    I literally just realized that as well.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Pirates broadcast tried for the jinx at the end of the last inning.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Barajas grounded out to first
    Burnett grounded out to first
    Presley grounds out to second

1-0 Redlegs after 6. Homer has put up nothing but zeros. In runs, in walks, and in another category.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't see the point in hand wringing over the offense. What does it really mean anyway? It's not like there's a law that says if they're raking at the end of the season it guarantees that they won't get shut out during the playoffs. Fact is the Reds took care of business and clinched the division, their performance right now isn't of great importance.
    Yes and no....are you saying they are going to turn it on like a light switch in the NLDS? This lack of offense has been going on for about 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I literally just realized that as well.
    It would be a little extra somethin' somethin' if not for Rolen's wax-inducing mistake.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

It would be a little extra somethin' somethin' if not for Rolen's wax-inducing mistake.
    I would not put it past the Pirates official scorer to change it to a hit if Homer still has what he has in the 8th..

Wow - Bruce really got a-hold of that one!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Yes and no....are you saying they are going to turn it on like a light switch in the NLDS? This lack of offense has been going on for about 4 weeks.
    In fairness, they really haven't been playing at full strength for a few months. Votto was out. Cozart's been out. Ludwick's been out.

I don't think they've had their actual lineup out there all at once but maybe a few times in the past 2-3 months. Maybe it won't make a major difference but it could.

As I said the other day, they are not as high as their peaks or as low as their valleys. 3-4 runs should be enough to win most games in the playoffs with our pitching.

I would not put it past the Pirates official scorer to change it to a hit if Homer still has what he has in the 8th..
    That wouldn't shock me either.

Well, the good news is that St. Louis is leading Washington 5-1. The bad news is that St. Louis is leading Washington 5-1.

Cardinals have a 5-1 lead in the first inning against the Nationals.

Turn Off Ads?