Turn Off Ads?
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1598

Thread: NLDS Game 1 - Reds at Giants 10/6/12

Re: NLDS Game 1 - Reds at Giants 10/6/12

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    But where does that leave Latos? That worries me. I feel like he's the key.
    Game 4 or 5.

He hasn't thrown that many pitches his last 2 appearances...don't know how much that plays into things.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    But where does that leave Latos? That worries me. I feel like he's the key.
    Right now if Cueto is able to make a start in Cincinnati you would have Latos scheduled to go game 5 if the series went that long.

I think the Cueto injury was the baseball gods correcting an error that Dusty made to not have Latos scheduled to pitch in that park. So, Homer better be ready tomorrow
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I will never forget this. It was as if they thought the Giants had KO'd Cueto.
    Yeah I agree. When you are happy a player is OK, you generally stand up and applaud mildly like a golf clap. They were cheering like they'd just got a TKO. It felt a lot more like a celebration.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Amazing win. I've waited a long time for this day. Hopefully this is the first of many more playoff wins for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I think the Cueto injury was the baseball gods correcting an error that Dusty made to not have Latos scheduled to pitch in that park. So, Homer better be ready tomorrow
    This was an awesome quote and I totally agree rep to you sir!
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

What a freaaaaking night.... I'm down in Cincinnati for the Eric Church concert and got a text shortly after the game started (Hadn't even looked at the box score yet) saying something about LeCure and I just stood there, stage side in awe and puzzled.... Waiting for my phone to get service and saw Cueto was out after 8 pitches.... My jaw just dropped, heart skipped.....

Checked back a little while later and saw Latos manned up and took the ball on 3 days rest and we got just enough big hits to over come everything.... I was able to listen to the last 3 innings while driving back to Columbus....

Feels good to be a Reds fan... I believe in this team... I wouldn't be shocked if they came back to Cincinnati up 2-0...

Lets git-er-done!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Game 4 or 5.

He hasn't thrown that many pitches his last 2 appearances...don't know how much that plays into things.
    I doubt you see Latos before game 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Well, I got up and am ready for church this morning, even put contacts in. Any of you who slept in and are reading this having skipped church, I will be praying for you
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

In Chicago for the weekend. Went to dinner last night with our daughter and got to meet her boyfriend for the first time. Had dinner at a bar with a light crowd and the Reds game on. We stayed there until nearly 10 and walked up the street to a bar to finish watching the game. First place we went was jammed with the game on one TV, but no seats near it. Walking out, I paused and said I wanted to watch the Reds get a double play. Bang, line out to Joey, step on the bag and out the door walking down to another place.

Watched through the 1st half of the 7th at a third bar and then headed back to our daughter's apartment. Got the laptop fired up and listened to the end of the game on WLW's feed (turns out she doesn't have cable after all).

And the boyfriend's a baseball fan too (actually sports fan). He actually got to throw out a first pitch at Target Field and we yacked some baseball. Seems like a good guy and she seems happy with him. Looking forward to good Bronson being there tonight and hoping for a second victory.

Most dazzling play of the night, of those I saw, was Brandon's backing up Joey on the errant throw to first. I've seen a lot of his highlights, but that one was definitely a "how'd he do that?" play.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I doubt you see Latos before game 5.
    If Cueto isn't quite ready yet the Reds don't want to eliminate him from the LCS, just who starts game 4?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Amazing win. I've waited a long time for this day. Hopefully this is the first of many more playoff wins for the Reds.
    This isn't ending anytime soon. It's our time.

If Cueto isn't quite ready yet the Reds don't want to eliminate him from the LCS, just who starts game 4?
    Lecure?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Just skimmed through this whole thread -- a lot more relaxing to relive it than live through it. What a rollercoaster. This might be my favorite post in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Why is Homer Bailey in the on deck circle?
    For the record, I'm now two for four in crying in public during Reds playoff games since 2010. Playoff baseball makes me question my mental stability.

A highly emotional game but an extraordinary one. I think this will do wonders for their confidence without making them cocky; this team is very strong on that. After Cueto was pulled I momentarily forgot that this team is tenacious, but luckily they didn't.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    For the record, I'm now two for four in crying in public during Reds playoff games since 2010. Playoff baseball makes me question my mental stability.

A highly emotional game but an extraordinary one. I think this will do wonders for their confidence without making them cocky; this team is very strong on that. After Cueto was pulled I momentarily forgot that this team is tenacious, but luckily they didn't.
    You just named the word I've been searching for for this team - "tenacious."
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?