Turn Off Ads?
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1598

Thread: NLDS Game 1 - Reds at Giants 10/6/12

Re: NLDS Game 1 - Reds at Giants 10/6/12

I've got'em on HD

2. Turn Off Ads?

An amazing team win. And big props to Dusty and the coaches for cobbling together an amazing pitching performance.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I just want to say in behalf of Drew Stubbs and Dusty... the play Stubbs made going into the gap and returning a strong throw to the infield early in the game is a play Drew Stubbs and very few players in all of baseball make. More often than not a baserunner scores on that ball when there are two outs. It is very much like the "out" pattern a professional qb makes in the NFL, when he can roll in one direction and then throw across his body to complete a pass to a possession receiver to save a game. Very athletic.

Just sayin...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Just too hard to go to sleep. Glad tomorrow is Sunday. Big win.
    I have to sing at church in the morning, so I can't exactly sleep in and skip, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get to sleep too soon.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Massage, heat treatment, Ice treatment, shock therapy - whatever it takes to get Jonny ready. They're in SF - should be plenty of acupuncture options available.

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phhhl View Post
    I just want to say in behalf of Drew Stubbs and Dusty... the play Stubbs made going into the gap and returning a strong throw to the infield early in the game is a play Drew Stubbs and very few players in all of baseball make. More often than not a baserunner scores on that ball when there are two outs. It is very much like the "out" pattern a professional qb makes in the NFL, when he can roll in one direction and then throw across his body to complete a pass to a possession receiver to save a game. Very athletic.

Just sayin...
    That was huge.

I remember 1990 being in playoff games (22 years ago) vividly and the one game payoff in 1999, but the 1995 series is a blur. Glad that 2012 starts out good.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Just too hard to go to sleep. Glad tomorrow is Sunday. Big win.
    Actually, today is Sunday. These late games are gonna kill me. My internal clock has me waking up around 5 am. It'll happen again tomorrow. Ugh! I'll suffer through it, just get me a win boys!

I remember 1990 being in playoff games (22 years ago) vividly and the one game payoff in 1999, but the 1995 series is a blur. Glad that 2012 starts out good.
    If it's a blur, that might just be all of Reggie Sanders' whiffs.

LeCure given the win!!! sweet!!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Biggest win for the Reds since 1995...wow....
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The first series was great, and then the NLCS was a major letdown.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I have to sing at church in the morning, so I can't exactly sleep in and skip, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get to sleep too soon.
    I have to do the same thing. But church is different than work. Many sleep there . Hope my voice holds out. I was yelling at the TV during the WVU-Texas game and this game. Regardless, I'm happy.

On another note, is it just me or has Dusty lost a lot of weight? He looks bad.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Stat geek...and proud
    436 ft. on that Bruce bomb according to Hit Tracker, btw. That thing might have won a Toyota at home.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    The first series was great, and then the NLCS was a major letdown.
    Yes I was at the game where they swept the Dodgers in the LDS in 95 but the Braves just totally shut them down in the NLCS

Turn Off Ads?