Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Thread: NLDS Game 3 - Giants at Reds 10/9/12

Re: NLDS Game 3 - Giants at Reds 10/9/12

The really bad thing is that you will not get a better pitched game than this one. It almost feels wasted. Just a shame the Reds couldn't generate more offense against Vogelsong. His stuff didn't look that exceptional to me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

This game was a great argument for moving Votto up. At the end of the game, with one last gasp, Zack Cozart got a 5th PA and made the final out while Votto languished on deck. The biggest impact of your lineup is who gets the most plate appearances. In a game where offense was hard to come by, Dusty decided it was more important to give the career .251/.290/.405 hitter a plate appearance at the expense of the best hitter in the league.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just a shame the Reds couldn't generate more offense against Vogelsong. His stuff didn't look that exceptional to me.
    100% agreed. Affeldt was the only one who genuinely looked good for the Giants.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I was at the game. Most devastated I've been after a Reds loss that I can remember. That was such a winnable game, and they found a way to blow it. I have an awful feeling about this series now.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I was at the game. Most devastated I've been after a Reds loss that I can remember. That was such a winnable game, and they found a way to blow it. I have an awful feeling about this series now.
    I cried all the way home. Haven't cried after any game since the 2001 season. First year for season tickets: saw 45 games including 2 in Cleveland... The team only won 14...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?