Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: The Autograph Thread

Re: The Autograph Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Like right now I just sold a bunch of stuff to buy one big thing.

So not a dealer per se, i dont have a website or anything, but will sell to get some cash for other stuff.
    That's cool, I was wondering if it's a side hustle or purely funding the hobby. The stuff you find is wild!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Likes:

Dom Heffner (11-08-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That's cool, I was wondering if it's a side hustle or purely funding the hobby. The stuff you find is wild!
    Some of the fun of this is taking these things around or contacting people on the internet and asking- do you know anything about this?

Some people are cool, some dont respond, some are so mean it's sort of head-scratching. This tape has been days worth of research.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-08-2019),Redsfaithful (11-09-2019)

Haven’t been active on the autograph scene for a while but had to make the venture out to grab one from an idol. Thankfully he obliged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E03D7C1-CD03-4B70-B0B9-04D3ECDD3B2F.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	300.6 KB 
ID:	15529

7. Likes:

bounty37h (01-08-2020),Dom Heffner (01-12-2020),Redsfaithful (01-08-2020)

Attachment 15538

When Sub Pop Records began a singles subscription club, they featured Nirvana's Love Buzz, a cover of a Shocking Blue song.

They printed up 1000 plus about 100 extra for the band.

Kurt Cobain took one of his and mailed it to a friend- John Purkey, a fellow musician (he dated Neko Case until he walked in on her with another dude)- and hand wrote this awesome letter filled with content, insecurity about sounding too pop, etc.

I have the 45 as well. Probably my favorite item.

9. Likes:

fearofpopvol1 (01-13-2020)

More Nirvana stuff, if anybody cares.

So on the night of their very first show using the name Nirvana (they were previously Ted Ed Fred) in March of 1988, Kurt Cobain brought along a copy of the band's first demo and a little section he made entitled "Montage of Heck," and gave it to fellow musician John Purkey. The demo was from the Reciprocal Studios sessions they had recorded as Ted Ed Fred in January of 1988 with producer Jack Endino.

From I Found My Friends: The Oral History of NIrvana

JOHN PURKEY: At a Community World Theater show that Dave Foster played at, Kurt finally had made me a copy of the first demo tape. I’d heard it from Jim May, who ran the Community World Theater, and Kurt had given him a copy to get a show there and then I heard it and was like, Oh my God, I’ve got to get a copy of it... I had a dream and I told Kurt about it. We were walking back, we walked up to his car, he got the tape, the other side was Montage of Heck, and he gives it to me and we’re walking back and I said, “Kurt, I had the weirdest dream, I was in the Coliseum watching you guys play in front of thousands of people . . .” I don’t remember what his response was -- it wasn’t like, Whoa, really?! It was more like, Whoa, cool. I remember the dream to this day; being in there with thousands of people watching those guys play -- in my mind the music was that good.

Here is that exact tape, with Kurt's writing on the label:

Name:	Nirvana Tape.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	16453

Featured in Spin Magazine and other various music publications.

I have a Jesse Winker signed baseball bat
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

Dom Heffner (08-24-2020),EnglishRed (08-26-2020)

Name:	NIrvana Setlist Swarthmore.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	17356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nirvana Old Club Ad.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	17357

A setlist, in Kurt Cobain's hand, for their April 20th show at Swarthmore College, April 1990.

Turn Off Ads?