Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Autograph Thread

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: The Autograph Thread

Just got a text from a friend who got John Paul Jones to sign three things last night, all Zeppelin items. He was not very nice about it, but he did sign the 3 out of 7 items given to him.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'm not so sure I'd be nice about it either if someone handed me SEVEN items to be signed and they didn't pay for the signing. Guys like that are why a lot of people don't sign anymore. If you ask for one item it comes off that you are keeping it. If you hand them seven, odds are you are selling all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm not so sure I'd be nice about it either if someone handed me SEVEN items to be signed and they didn't pay for the signing. Guys like that are why a lot of people don't sign anymore. If you ask for one item it comes off that you are keeping it. If you hand them seven, odds are you are selling all of them.
    Absolutely agreed.

I usually try to bring 2 items with me whenever I try to get something signed. But if I walk away with 1, I'm thrilled. I'm not greedy at all and I've never sold anything I've procured thus far (though maybe a time will come when I do). In fact, when I do procure 2 of something, I typically give them away if I know someone that is a fan or I hold onto the extra with the idea of giving it away to someone who is a big fan once I find them.

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (10-03-2014)

I'm trying to buy a Page/Plant signed guitar. Just waiting for the authenticator to get back with me.

8. Likes:

fearofpopvol1 (10-03-2014)

Looks like Plant is doing the Colbert show on 10/9. I'm sure it's going to be nuts, but maybe it's worth trying for. What item would you suggest Dom as the in-house LZ expert?

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

OT, but if you haven't checked out Plant's new CD, I highly recommend it. Best stuff he's done in a long time.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Looks like Plant is doing the Colbert show on 10/9. I'm sure it's going to be nuts, but maybe it's worth trying for. What item would you suggest Dom as the in-house LZ expert?
    You'll hate me- you need one of his solo lPs/cds.

Maybe bring a Zeppelin item and see how he is with others and then you can present your item accordingly.

Had a shot at a Joan Jett signed concert used guitar- it was only $400, but I hesitated because though I believed the seller, I couldn't put the guitar in her hand as having owned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    You'll hate me- you need one of his solo lPs/cds.

Maybe bring a Zeppelin item and see how he is with others and then you can present your item accordingly.
    I don't mind if it's a solo piece. Obviously I'd prefer something LZ but I'm not opposed to that.

As a side note, Mick Fleetwood is doing a book signing tomorrow. You think it's worth going to? Does his autograph have any value?

I don't mind if it's a solo piece. Obviously I'd prefer something LZ but I'm not opposed to that.

As a side note, Mick Fleetwood is doing a book signing tomorrow. You think it's worth going to? Does his autograph have any value?
    His signature is only valuable if it's a group piece, and good luck getting that these days.

You're looking at $35-$150, depending on what it is on. If he'll sign Mac items, get a vinyl copy of Rumours...it would net you the most. Or maybe a drum head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    His signature is only valuable if it's a group piece, and good luck getting that these days.

You're looking at $35-$150, depending on what it is on. If he'll sign Mac items, get a vinyl copy of Rumours...it would net you the most. Or maybe a drum head.
    It's a book signing, so it would be his new book. They are super strict about that and not signing anything but the book unfortunately as I've found out from past signings.

It's a book signing, so it would be his new book. They are super strict about that and not signing anything but the book unfortunately as I've found out from past signings.
    I saw the book for sale on ebay thorugh pre-order going for $150 through charity. Not sure you'll net that, but depending on how much time you think you'll spend in line, it may be worth it.

i didn't end up going. those noon book signings are a blessing and a curse. it's nice because there are fewer people generally that attend, but it sucks because i can't always break away from work (like today). oh well.

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  158.5 KB

Got this guy yesterday. He refused to sign anything on 2 occasions about a year ago, which still to this day irks me. But at least I finally got him.

19. Likes:

Dom Heffner (10-15-2014)

Turn Off Ads?