Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,012 of 1012

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    1. I wouldn't trust Evan Silva's analysis period, but

2. Even if I did the guy is a fantasy writer, and I don't really care if Dalton is a good fantasy QB.

I think there's a lack of good analysis in general on Dalton.

There are so many moving parts in football that it's hard to know what is going on.

Dalton has to execute, but Gruden could be making things easier on him. There was no running game today, the wide receivers were covered all day.

I'm really disappointed that Sanu hasn't taken a step forward - he seemed like he could be a difference maker #2 at times last year before he got hurt. And Marvin Jones is average, at best. Not what I expected or hoped for from either.

Dalton isn't a top 5 QB, he's going to have to have a good running game and receivers that can get open. He is capable of taking the team deep into the playoffs, but he obviously isn't the kind of QB that can carry a team.

He's also not backup caliber. Silva is saying without AJ Green he's the 33rd best QB in the NFL (or worse.) Rotoworld could do better.
    Without AJ Green, I think Dalton is probably pushing 25 or so on the QB rankings. A starter, but one who is always looking over his shoulder. He simply isn't that good from what I see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Without AJ Green, I think Dalton is probably pushing 25 or so on the QB rankings. A starter, but one who is always looking over his shoulder. He simply isn't that good from what I see.
    The sad thing is, he's in the bottom tier WITH AJ Green. Without him, he is pretty mediocre.
    Go BLUE!!!

Besides AJ Green who do the Bengals have on offense that is consistently good as far as play makers go. Maybe Gio if he could get more burn, other than that all we see our flashes of potential which won't mean much when you are fighting for a division. I would like to see Gruden stick with a personnel package to give this team some consistency.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The sad thing is, he's in the bottom tier WITH AJ Green. Without him, he is pretty mediocre.
    Dalton has never really impressed me. I lot of hype, but you prove it on the field. I think he is at best an average NFL QB.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Speaking of "all hype," how about Gruden? Is he a good Offensive C. because he IS or because of his last name? Just sayin.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Just when I want to get on the Dalton bandwagon, he has another game like this. He wasn't the only problem, obviously, but he was awful. It's hard to overcome QB play like that without a strong running game. Hopefully this was a fluke and Dalton gets back next week to looking like he did the first three weeks.

I think part of the problem was that the offensive line really seamed to have an off day. The Browns' d-line seemed to get good penetration all day and that bad snap by Cook was a drive killer.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?