Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: We are not mocking the Cubs enough

We are not mocking the Cubs enough

Among the truly enjoyable things about the Reds' rise in the division is that it has corresponded with knocking the Cubs off their perch. The cyclical nature of baseball dictates this will not last forever, so I suggest we revel in this while we can.

Their lineup might be the worst in baseball this coming season and they continue to use the Carlos Marmol Comedy Pitching Extravaganza as their closer. They claim to have some intriguing prospects in the minors, but we all know that it's only a matter of time until those kids fail catastrophically.

And I can't be the only person who thinks Jeff Samardzija looks like Murderface from Metalocalypse.

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

cincinnati chili (02-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: We are not mocking the Cubs enough

It has been 38,086 days since the Cubs won a World Series

It has been 39,852 days since the Wright Brothers first achieved sustained flight

5. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (01-14-2014),cincinnati chili (02-13-2013)

It's going to be really annoying if Theo gets them to the point where we actually have to start worrying about them again in the NL Central.

I would not be surprised if the Cubs are relevant again fairly quickly. They are taking some good steps towards building the club.

We are not mocking the Cubs enough.
    There's never been a time when this hasn't been true. Mocking the Cubs is one of my favorite things in life. There can never be enough of it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

See my Avatar

The Cubs need a leadoff hitter in CF like Bourn, and any sort of option at 3B, and suddenly they will become a real thorn in the side of the NL Central. They still have to come up with a legit top of the rotation type starter, and the bullpen can not be a grease fire, but they aren't that far away.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I loathe them. going back to the early eighties and Mario Soto trying to climb into the stands, I have loathed them.

loathe.

but... Barney is a wizard at 2B. Rizzo can hit. And the rotation is... interesting. They won't be horrible in 2013, just, meh.

Wrigley smells like pee.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

And I can't be the only person who thinks Jeff Samardzija looks like Murderface from Metalocalypse.
    I'm feelin' outshined, outshined, outshined, outshined...

"I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

12. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (01-14-2014),cincinnati chili (02-13-2013),The Operator (02-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

It has been 39,852 days since the Wright Brothers first achieved sustained flight
    Going to have to steal this one for Facebook. This is awesome.

I'm always on board for a good Cubs bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Isn't funny how the Ottoman Empire, dissolved in 1922, is more relevant than the Cubs?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Isn't funny how the Ottoman Empire, dissolved in 1922, is more relevant than the Cubs?
    I hadn't thought of that. Goodness, when the Cubs last won a World Series world powers included the Ottoman Empire, Austria-Hungary, the Russian Empire and the German Empire; Mark Twain was alive; Theodore Roosevelt was President; and yet to be born were Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and John F. Kennedy.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

Wrigley smells like pee.
    When I think of Wrigley, this is what I think of.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. Goodness, when the Cubs last won a World Series world powers included the Ottoman Empire, Austria-Hungary, the Russian Empire and the German Empire; Mark Twain was alive; Theodore Roosevelt was President; and yet to be born were Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and John F. Kennedy.
    Not to mention it was 43 years removed from the American Civil War.

Also, remember the Titanic just started to be built December of 1908.

Turn Off Ads?