Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: We are not mocking the Cubs enough

Re: We are not mocking the Cubs enough

A large majority of American beer drinkers don't like to drink beer.
    Top selling beers
    Bud Light.
    Coors Light.
    Miller Lite.
    Budweiser.
    Michelob Ultra.
    Corona Extra.
    Modelo Especial.
    Natural Light.
    Busch
    Busch Lite
    So basically 8 lite beers or club soda with al little alcohol add to give a light buzz but to be fair I have been drinking on average 3 beers a day for 50 years for a total of about 55,000 beers of which 12 have been "lite" beers which I bought by mistake also never had a Modelo.
    Last edited by jimbroznan; 08-02-2021 at 10:07 PM.

2. Likes:

Chip R (08-03-2021),malcontent (08-02-2021),Roy Tucker (08-02-2021),westofyou (08-02-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Dick’s Den had the best bands circa 1973-1975. There and Mr. Browns Descent. Closed those places too often.

The beer in vogue then was just Stroh’s at OSU and Rolling Rock at Ohio University. There was no craft beer then. Just swill but we didn’t know any difference. It was just pitchers of beer. Quantity over quality.
    RR is always big in Athens, Strohs really gained foothold in SW Ohio in 1969 when they started sponsoring Reds radio

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    Top selling beers
    Bud Light.
    Coors Light.
    Miller Lite.
    Budweiser.
    Michelob Ultra.
    Corona Extra.
    Modelo Especial.
    Natural Light.
    Busch
    Busch Lite
    So basically 8 lite beers or club soda with al little alcohol add to give a light buzz but to be fair I have been drinking on average 3 beers a day for 50 years for a total of about 55,000 beers of which 12 have been "lite" beers which I bought by mistake also never had a Modelo.
    So I have to ask, you have been in Austin since 75, do you perchance know Terry Likona?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Glacier Bay was a Canadian beer that was nothing special but you could buy a 12 pack of bottles for $2.99 at Kroger in Oxford and it was better than a lot of other cheap beers (and some not so cheap ones too) PLUS it had a cool built in bottle opener in the bottom of the bottle.
    Attachment 17503

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-03-2021),goreds2 (08-03-2021)

Since we are celebrating the Cubs downfall talking about beer, I once had this Kroger brand beer in college. Not good.

Attachment 17504
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

8. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-03-2021)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    Top selling beers
    Bud Light.
    Coors Light.
    Miller Lite.
    Budweiser.
    Michelob Ultra.
    Corona Extra.
    Modelo Especial.
    Natural Light.
    Busch
    Busch Lite
    Just want to say that I absolutely love the fact that you've been registered on this site for more than 15 years and approximately half of your posts have been from the past three days and all about cheap beer.

You're a quality lurker and a legend.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-04-2021),reds44 (08-03-2021),RichRed (08-03-2021),Roy Tucker (08-03-2021),westofyou (08-03-2021)

For bad beer, it's tough to beat Smells Like Katy Perry from Unknown Brewing Co. in Charlotte:

https://untappd.com/b/the-unknown-br...ercorn/1070699

I tried it at a Saisonfest at Burial Beer in Asheville (which is great, by the way). I don't know if it smells like Katy but if you like beer that tastes like peppery soap, this is the beer for you.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Most beer is good.

Because it’s beer
    Pizza and beer are like Led Zeppelin songs. Even the bad ones are still pretty good.

13. Likes:

goreds2 (08-03-2021),westofyou (08-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    I came in here to mock the Cubs and absolutely love that the last 3-4 pages are about beer lol! The Cubs aren’t even worthy to be discussed presently.
    My go to garage beer and best cheap beer has been Miller High Life for several years.
    Does anybody remember Red Dog beer!
    Yeah, Red Dog was pseudo-popular with our crowd in the 90's. We pretty much stuck to the cheap stuff then though, which was always Old Milwaukee Light. And then we'd get fancy once in awhile and drink OM Draft. That was all prior to turning 21 though. Once you turned 21, you graduated to buying Miller Lite or Bud Light. In college though, cheapest keg we could get at Bonbright's in Dayton was Milwaukee's Best Light. You'd have snobby college girls complain about it, but it was cheap. $40 a keg, I think, and then you'd get something like $8 back for the deposit on the keg.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Just want to say that I absolutely love the fact that you've been registered on this site for more than 15 years and approximately half of your posts have been from the past three days and all about cheap beer.

You're a quality lurker and a legend.
    The post meter only counts Old Red Guard post, so my numerous post(but not obsessive) on Politics, Religion/Non-Sports/A+E are not reflected.

16. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-03-2021)

Just by coincidence, I saw this on Twitter yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanShufta...33933123629059
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Natural Light was the big beer in Athens when I went to OU (2000-2004). I impressed my future wife when I brought Killian's Irish Red to her place the first time we hung out 1-on-1. That passed for a "classy beer" at OU at that time.

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

I am a former malt liquor connoisseur. Olde English HG 800 (it's not 8000 as stated in the tweet) was the alternate OE brand with a silver label but tasted pretty much the same. Steel Reserve 211 was the one with the really sharp black label that managed to taste even worse than Steel (which was the 40 to go with when you didn't want to remember what happened the previous night). Magnum is Miller's legacy flagship malt so I'm surprised it's getting cut, although it's terrible compared to AB's King Cobra (which was probably the one I drank more than any other in college). I never understood the purpose behind Mickey's Ice as it tasted pretty much identical to Mickey's and IIRC had the same ABV as regular Mickey's.

When I lived in Oregon the local grocery store carried Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve. It is actually excellent for an "old man lager" and I'm sad to see it go. I never saw Hamm's Light once even though every store carried regular Hamm's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by bm1475 View Post
    I am a former malt liquor connoisseur. Olde English HG 800 (it's not 8000 as stated in the tweet) was the alternate OE brand with a silver label but tasted pretty much the same. Steel Reserve 211 was the one with the really sharp black label that managed to taste even worse than Steel (which was the 40 to go with when you didn't want to remember what happened the previous night). Magnum is Miller's legacy flagship malt so I'm surprised it's getting cut, although it's terrible compared to AB's King Cobra (which was probably the one I drank more than any other in college). I never understood the purpose behind Mickey's Ice as it tasted pretty much identical to Mickey's and IIRC had the same ABV as regular Mickey's.

When I lived in Oregon the local grocery store carried Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve. It is actually excellent for an "old man lager" and I'm sad to see it go. I never saw Hamm's Light once even though every store carried regular Hamm's up there.
    Henry's was a quality lager. When I moved to California in 82 we were delighted to discover it and it held up well until Sierra Nevada (Chico Budweiser) arrived. That changed the game

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

RIP to the Beast, our college staple in the late '80s, when the can looked like this. Got it for $6 per 24-pack at K-Mart of all places.

Name:  Beast.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  20.2 KB
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

23. Likes:

bm1475 (08-03-2021),Chip R (08-03-2021),goreds2 (08-03-2021),Indymoon (08-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Dick’s Den had the best bands circa 1973-1975. There and Mr. Browns Descent. Closed those places too often.

The beer in vogue then was just Stroh’s at OSU and Rolling Rock at Ohio University. There was no craft beer then. Just swill but we didn’t know any difference. It was just pitchers of beer. Quantity over quality.
    My friends and I drank more than our fair share of Stroh's back in the 70's. Whole lotta 8 pack bottles, tasted watered down but it was cheap.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-03-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Turn Off Ads?