Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
First thing, don't sell your house to cruise with a business you've never heard of at a price that's too good to be true. Do the math, it's supposedly a 3 yr cruise and they're charging $32K. That works out to $30/day. No one is going to be able to pay for your food, gas and ship for only $30/day

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...e/71717678007/
Reading further into the story, the $32k was just a deposit. The cheapest room on the cruise is $38,400 per year per person in a double occupancy cabin. A quick google says the average number of passengers on a cruise ship is 3000, so the numbers definitely add up.

I don't know which room package she signed up for, but if she was paying $40k per year, it isn't a bad price at all. She would have no car payment, no rent or mortgage, no utilities, nothing. Even meals are provided. And if she can work remotely, all the better. I personally wouldn't go on a cruise if you held a gun to my head, but I know some people love them, and she was going to see some real sights. I assume she'd hit every country on the Mediterranean, sail around Africa, hit Vietnam, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, probably go to South America, etc.

Probably the company had good intentions, but underestimated the demand. It looks like people will get their deposits back.