Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Luhnow and Hinch suspended for a year; subsequently fired

They call me "chef"

Re: Luhnow and Hinch suspended for a year; subsequently fired

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I haven't seen that - do you have further info. The only thing I saw was an erroneous report on Reddick - what people thought was a patch was actually confetti.
    Correct. The Reddick photo was a false case of wire exposure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nothing is new until you learn about it for the first time

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-17-2020),Edd Roush (01-17-2020),goreds2 (01-17-2020),jimbo (01-18-2020),North (01-17-2020)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hou...n-14983667.php

Jack McDowell calls out Tony LaRussa

McDowell said La Russa had a camera trained on the catcher’s signs. There was a light in a Gatorade sign in right-center at old Comiskey that was connected to a toggle switch in the manager’s office. McDowell alleges the next day’s starting pitcher was assigned to the manager’s office where he would watch the catcher’s signals and alert the batter through the light in the Gatorade sign
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

6. Likes:

757690 (01-17-2020),Chip R (01-17-2020),Edd Roush (01-17-2020),goreds2 (01-17-2020),Tom Servo (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't think Baseball wants to cripple any of its franchises. That would be cutting off its nose to spite its face. I don't see it happening and those expectations are out of whack. They aren't going to suspend an entire roster, make team ineligible for a post season and completely wipe out a generation of the future talent pool.
    I see your point, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with it.
    But as a counterpoint, about 1/3 of the teams now are tanking at any given time and baseball still survives.
    Houston was awful for about 5-6 years before they got good, and baseball survived.
    If it was up to me, I would not mind penalizing the Astros so harshly that it made it impossible for them to compete for 3-5 years. Another team would win the division instead, life would go on.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

8. Likes:

757690 (01-17-2020),wlf WV (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Then let's not accept it as factual unless Rose had a chance to defend himself in court, and Dowd was required to produce substantial evidence to prove it. Absent that, it should remain conjecture, rumor, accusation, alleged, but not repeated as a factual story.
    Why would he defend himself for something he admitted? He admitted that in the 70's he had a relationship with a underage girl after sheing filed suit. She claims she was 14 or 15, he says she was 16. All the same still adds up to him being a creep.

10. Likes:

Chip R (01-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Then let's not accept it as factual unless Rose had a chance to defend himself in court, and Dowd was required to produce substantial evidence to prove it. Absent that, it should remain conjecture, rumor, accusation, alleged, but not repeated as a factual story.

Other than he admitted it in 2004

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...ll-player-1986

For 26 years, Pete Rose has kept to one story: He never bet on baseball while he was a player.

Yes, he admitted in 2004, after almost 15 years of denials, he had placed bets on baseball, but he insisted it was only as a manager.
    Never Mind

Last edited by westofyou; 01-17-2020 at 01:33 PM.

12. Likes:

GAC (01-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Pretty sure UPR was referring to the underage girl story
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

14. Likes:

westofyou (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Pretty sure UPR was referring to the underage girl story
    Ahhh my bad.

I remember when Pete met his second wife there was an article I read in SI where he was talking about how great her butt was, seemed somewhat out of place in a sports piece

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ahhh my bad.

I remember when Pete met his second wife there was an article I read in SI where he was talking about how great her butt was, seemed somewhat out of place in a sports piece
    Pete knows baseball...and butts

17. Likes:

westofyou (01-17-2020)

In other news this week, the late Alex Karras was voted into the NFL Hall of Fame. Karras had admitted to placing bets on NFL games and was suspended by the league, along with Green Bay Packers' running back Paul Hornung, for one season. Hornung is a member of both the NFL and NCAA Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Hornung is a member of both the NFL and NCAA Hall of Fame.
    AND, when Horseshoe Southern Indiana across from Louisville opened a sports book, they brought ole local legend Paul Hornung in to lay down the first bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    AND, when Horseshoe Southern Indiana across from Louisville opened a sports book, they brought ole local legend Paul Hornung in to lay down the first bet!
    And knowing Paul, I bet it was a winner.

Last edited by Rimshot; 01-17-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should "walk a mile in their shoes", as the saying goes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away... and you have their shoes.

22. Likes:

North (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    And knowing Paul, I bet it was a winner.
    Packers moneyline over the Vikings September 15. He got it!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Todd Frazier says there's a lot more going to come out about this...

https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/...99457374060544
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?