Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals Offseason Thread

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Easy to pass up. Tua carries massive career injury risk, this team is perfectly capable of whiffing on other picks (see Sample, Ogbuihi, the 2015-2017 Browns who stockpiled and whiffed all over the place while passing on premium passing talent), and Burrow is the best chance at a transcendent player at the most important position on the field. Toss in that no guarantee you even get Tua if some other team trades up to 3 or 4, giving you effectively Herbert, and I laugh at that package for Burrow.
    Yep. A few years back I read some articles that the Brown's front office position, under Haslam, had shifted their approach .... because the organization had such a terrible history, luck, whatever, getting burned badly in drafting QBs (finding anyone to fill the job) .... they wanted to build/improve the support structure first, put the team in a better position, THEN go get your QB and plug him in.

The only problem? .... what are you passing over? What happens if your QB isn't there when you need him, or you aren't in the position to draft them before the opposition because you managed to win three games that year (LOL)? IMO, you're taking far more risks and will never show much improvement on that plane if you take such an approach to the most important position on that field.

Tua?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...jury-hip-money

Tagovailoa suffered a right hip dislocation with posterior wall fracture. The hope is he can avoid a “Bo Jackson” situation where avascular necrosis (AVN), which is a lack of blood supply to the ball of the femur, causes the bone and overlying cartilage to die out.

Even if he avoids this, Tagovailoa cannot avoid the inevitable post-traumatic arthritis. He also has had two ankle surgeries.
    Wish the kid all the luck in the world ... but that's a pretty traumatic injury, and high potential of risk, looking at the physical job requirements. He's a banged up, busted up "Cam Newton" coming out of college.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-23-2020 at 04:30 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Normally I would be against paying AJ at his age, but Burrow needs all the help he can get.

Extending Mixon is probably a dumb move (it's probably not very smart to give ANY RB a 2nd contract) analytically but I'll be okay with it for the sake of helping Burrow as well.

4. Likes:

Benihana (01-23-2020),Kingspoint (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Yep. A few years back I read some articles that the Brown's front office position, under Haslam, had shifted their approach .... because the organization had such a terrible history, luck, whatever, getting burned badly in drafting QBs (finding anyone to fill the job) .... they wanted to build/improve the support structure first, put the team in a better position, THEN go get your QB and plug him in.

The only problem? .... what are you passing over? What happens if your QB isn't there when you need him, or you aren't in the position to draft them before the opposition because you managed to win three games that year (LOL)? IMO, you're taking far more risks and will never show much improvement on that plane if you take such an approach to the most important position on that field.

Tua?

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...jury-hip-money

Wish the kid all the luck in the world ... but that's a pretty traumatic injury, and high potential of risk, looking at the physical job requirements. He's a banged up, busted up "Cam Newton" coming out of college.
    Exactly, passing on Mahomes and Watson for Baker doesn’t look all that bright, at least in hindsight.

That said, I have it on very good authority that Watson purposefully tanked his pre-draft interview with the Browns, on advice from his advisors.
    Go BLUE!!!

Bengals have to take Burrow, plain and simple. I wouldn’t trade the pick for anything less than four first rounders or Pat Mahomes himself. When you’re convinced you have the opportunity to draft a true franchise QB, you have to take it.
    Go BLUE!!!

7. Likes:

GAC (01-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Normally I would be against paying AJ at his age, but Burrow needs all the help he can get.

Extending Mixon is probably a dumb move (it's probably not very smart to give ANY RB a 2nd contract) analytically but I'll be okay with it for the sake of helping Burrow as well.
    You know what would help unlock Mixon's full potential under a potential contract extension? Joe Burrow - who absolutely made excellent use of Edwards-Hellaire this year and knows how to get the ball to his RB in areas where they can do something with it...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Bengals have to take Burrow, plain and simple. I wouldn’t trade the pick for anything less than four first rounders or Pat Mahomes himself. When you’re convinced you have the opportunity to draft a true franchise QB, you have to take it.
    Did you see how they are going to do the 1st round of the draft? You just know something's going to happen to the boat when Burrow's on it and he either hurts himself or drowns.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/01/21/nf...oat-red-carpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

10. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (01-23-2020),Redsfaithful (01-23-2020),UKFlounder (01-23-2020),WrongVerb (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    PFF must need clicks with the 2 week break before the bowl...Bengals have gone out of there way to say Green is a priority all this week. Doubt Green would fetch anything more then a 3rd from the Pats.
    Since Green would fetch us a 3rd in comp picks it makes no sense to trade him for such a pittance. The writing's on the wall. He will be franchised and he'll either play or sit out the year. I doubt his best interests will be served by sitting out the yr given his age and all the time he's missed. He will complain and moan about the Bengals but franchising him is the right move

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    FIFY
    Thanks.

He'll still walk across that red carpet but he'll take a boat to get there.

I am fortunate enough to have business connections to the Venetian in Vegas. I'll be there with about a dozen buddies. Much to my wife's chagrin it's a no girls allowed party. (I didn't set the rules.)

What ever happened to the who Patriots spying on the Bengals thing?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

My prediction is Green signs a 2 or 3 year deal.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-23-2020),RiverRat13 (01-23-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-23-2020)

Jeremy Rauch
    @FOX19Jeremy
    ·
    2h
    Replying to
    @FOX19Jeremy
    Family source also tells me Joe Burrow would never “pull an Eli Manning” if drafted No. 1 by the #Bengals.

The family has been a bit annoyed by that narrative.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

17. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post

This makes a lot of sense.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Thanks.

He'll still walk across that red carpet but he'll take a boat to get there.

I am fortunate enough to have business connections to the Venetian in Vegas. I'll be there with about a dozen buddies. Much to my wife's chagrin it's a no girls allowed party. (I didn't set the rules.)
    Fred and Barney got into a lot of trouble trying that one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Since Green would fetch us a 3rd in comp picks it makes no sense to trade him for such a pittance. The writing's on the wall. He will be franchised and he'll either play or sit out the year. I doubt his best interests will be served by sitting out the yr given his age and all the time he's missed. He will complain and moan about the Bengals but franchising him is the right move
    He said today he'd be stupid to turn down $18M for one year (the frachise tag amount).

Turn Off Ads?