Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1012

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Timberwolves are in full-on tank mode. In what universe is Allen Crabbe even close to being the player that Jeff Teague is?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Timberwolves are in full-on tank mode. In what universe is Allen Crabbe even close to being the player that Jeff Teague is?
    I don't understand what the Wolves are supposedly getting out of this deal. Didn't buy them salary space. Didn't add an asset. They just shipped out two guys for the corpse of Allen Crabbe.

The Mavs picking up Willie Cauley-Stein for a 2nd rounder destined to be somewhere in the 50s (originally Utah's pick) was a decent bit of business.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Mavs picking up Willie Cauley-Stein for a 2nd rounder destined to be somewhere in the 50s (originally Utah's pick) was a decent bit of business.
    If anyone can unlock the untapped potential of WCS, it's Carlisle.

WCS doesn't have Powell's three-point willingness, but he should be a capable pick and roll guy for Doncic and an interesting pair with Porzingis.

Sneaky good move.

5. Likes:

M2 (01-25-2020),Revering4Blue (01-26-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He's never missed the playoffs. Finished 3rd in the tough Western Conference the last two years. Western Conference Finals last year despite losing Nurkic at the end of February.
    Rookie-of-the-Month every single month his rookie season despite being passed over by six other teams. Wills his team to exceeded expectations every year.

Loses his Starting Center (Nurkic), Starting PF (Collins), Starting SF (Hood, who was shooting 49% from "3"), 3rd-String C (Pau) for the season. Loses last season's Starting PF (Aminu), Starting SF (Harkless), backup C/stretch 4-5 (Leonard), backup C (Kanter), backup 2/PG (Curry, who led the league in 3-pt % last year) for the season as all went to other teams. Loses improving backup 4/5 (Labissiere) for two months. Now has lost C.J. to a sprained ankle for two games going on three or more right as an upper respiratory infection went through the lockerroom and media staff. Yet, they are only two games out of a playoff spot. Easily the most adversity he has ever gone through. He will though, make the playoffs again, as he has every season, carrying the team on his back like he did 2016-17 and 2017-18. Making the playoffs this season will be his best accomplishment to date.
    Dame is a great player, an all-time great...I dont think so. Winning Rookie of the Month, finishing 3rd in a tough Western Conference, and so far not missing the playoffs does not get you remembered long term. To me, he is Reggie Miller. A great NBA player, but not a guy that screams all time great. He plays for Portland, unless he gets to the Finals he will be remembered as just a guy, just like Reggie!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Dame is a great player, an all-time great...I dont think so. Winning Rookie of the Month, finishing 3rd in a tough Western Conference, and so far not missing the playoffs does not get you remembered long term. To me, he is Reggie Miller. A great NBA player, but not a guy that screams all time great. He plays for Portland, unless he gets to the Finals he will be remembered as just a guy, just like Reggie!
    Lillard's career is far from over. He has played 7 years in the NBA. The player most similar to Lillard through those 7 years is some guy named Magic Johnson. That's pretty good company. Ironically, the player who is second-most similar to Damian Lillard is Reggie Miller.

He has a long way to go in his career. Let's push the pause button on whether he is or is not an all-timer.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-26-2020),Kingspoint (01-26-2020),Revering4Blue (01-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Lillard's career is far from over. He has played 7 years in the NBA. The player most similar to Lillard through those 7 years is some guy named Magic Johnson. That's pretty good company. Ironically, the player who is second-most similar to Damian Lillard is Reggie Miller.

He has a long way to go in his career. Let's push the pause button on whether he is or is not an all-timer.
    The guys off his similarity scores who seem more similar are Mark Price, Kevin Johnson and Sidney Moncrief.

Sixers leading Lakers by 10 after one quarter. On ABC - direct TV being bad right now due to bad weather. Errrrr
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Sixers leading Lakers by 10 after one quarter. On ABC - direct TV being bad right now due to bad weather. Errrrr
    Had to go online and watch it via ESPN go .
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

too bad Lebron passed Kobe on the career points list in Philly....wanted to see the response in the Staples Center

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...millere01.html

You may want to take a look at the career similarity scores for Reggie Miller. He's in some damn good company there.

If you were - and in the case of Dame, are - one of the best at your position for a sustained period of time, you're hardly going to remembered as just a guy, regardless of whether you played in Indy, Portland, New York or LA.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-26-2020),texasdave (01-26-2020)

Philly laid down the blueprint on how to beat the Lakers tonight. You don't stop LeBron and AD, but you throw a blanket over everyone else. The Big Two got 60. The rest of the team got 31 on 13-36 shooting (3-20 on 3s). Thybulle and Milton were terrors on the perimeter.

Philly laid down the blueprint on how to beat the Lakers tonight. You don't stop LeBron and AD, but you throw a blanket over everyone else. The Big Two got 60. The rest of the team got 31 on 13-36 shooting (3-20 on 3s). Thybulle and Milton were terrors on the perimeter.
    I've honestly never seen anything like Thybulle defensively. He's 4th in the NBA in Steals+Blocks (Stocks) per 36 minutes; a category dominated by Centers and your occasional Forward. Maybe Iverson compares when he was leading the league in steals almost annually. But AI relied on his quicks.

With Thybulle, it's like he sees a blueprint of the court, anticipates where the play is likely to go and what his opponent is likely to do. He literally coaxes bad plays by acting as if he's out of position when he's really playing cat to the offensive player's mouse. There was one play where LeBron attempted to post up on the perimeter. Thybulle used his left arm to check James; planting the idea that LeBron had a free pass if he turned. The moment LeBron bought into the turn, Thybulle reached around his back and poked the ball away. I sat there and was like, "Did that rookie just set up LeBron James? Really??"

Other observations:

1) Ben Simmons had a really solid game, but his penchant for jump passes to the perimeter is going to get Philly into trouble come playoff time. It's too easy to figure out what he's going to do when he goes into the air outside the protected area.

2) I swear that while others may use rosin on their hands before the game, James Ennis uses Crisco. Once every fifth game I think, "Hey, it's good to have James Ennis on the team". The other four games, it's like "Why is James Ennis on this team??"

3) I've seen videos indicating that Al Hoford has a robust post-up game. Could someone please find those films and show them to Al Hoford? Please and thank you.

4) Raul Neto can hit a three every once in a while. But he can't penetrate and finish, can barely dribble, can't guard anyone, and is a drain on my patience. While he's no world-beater, Trey Burke is better than Neto at every basketball-related activity but is back to riding the pine.

5) I know it's not wrong to like what Furkan Korkmaz has turned into, but it feels wrong sometimes. That being said, not only is he hitting threes at a near-40% clip, but he's actually playing defense too. I do love the fact that announcers seem to avoid saying his first name for fear of an FCC violation.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

17. Likes:

M2 (01-26-2020)

R4B, I hope when we get the next thread rolling that we'll get to see your alternative teams histories. Looking forward to those.

The guys off his similarity scores who seem more similar are Mark Price, Kevin Johnson and Sidney Moncrief.
    That's the most moronic statement you have ever made.

Price isn't one-tenth the player Moncrief was.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Coming from someone who has seen every bit of each of their careers from the inside, Lillard is much better than Drexler ever was and Drexler was named to the NBA's 50 greatest.

Lillard is only half-way through his career. He doesn't have the right to be considered among the NBA's greatest ever any more than Giannis or Anthony Davis do. But, all three are projecting in that direction. This year may become Lillard"s greatest accomplishment yet, if they make the playoffs and advance a round or two.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-26-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?