Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

The Bucks scored 151 tonight without Giannis. Granted, it was against the Wizards.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Joel Embiid (hand) will be available to play on Tuesday against the Warriors.

He'll be back in action following a nine-game absence, although he may have his minutes monitored tonight, thus limiting his appeal in DFS. That said, even in limited minutes he should be able to put up a gaudy stat line against the woeful Warriors, so he's safe to activate in all season-long settings. His return will cut into the production of Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle.

SOURCE: Keith Pompey on Twitter
    Last night for Embiid: 26 min / 10 REB / 1 asst / 24 pts in the 115 to 104 win over Golden State.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-30-2020)

Lillard is unfortunate this incredible streak came almost immediately after the ASG voting closed.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Lillard is unfortunate this incredible streak came almost immediately after the ASG voting closed.
    Glad to see Oladipo and Embiid back. Makes the East a Beast. OKC could seriously get home-court in the 1st rd.

1st Trip-Dub of Dame's career tonight (Westbrook had a great game), but most importantly, keeps them in touch with MEM, SAS, and PHO. Had to win tonight as they are likely a sacrificial lamb Friday Night at LAL. Hoping MEM's youth succumbs, as they should, to playoff chase pressure all teams must suffer through.

...on aside... Trent, Jr.'s Defense was phenomenal tonight. It's been very good lately and improving as his minutes increase (past 600 on the year now). His very good 3-pt shooting is a real bonus. Ariza fits in really well, while Stotts has been going with a Lillard and basically 4-Rookie 2nd unit for about 5-6 minutes of Swanigan/Little/Trent, Jr./Simons. The rebounding of Little and Swanigan, physicalness of Swanigan/Little/Trent, Jr. and scoring of Trent, Jr./Lillard makes it work. Simons continues to struggle.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-30-2020 at 02:50 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Glad to see Oladipo and Embiid back. Makes the East a Beast. OKC could seriously get home-court in the 1st rd.

1st Trip-Dub of Dame's career tonight (Westbrook had a great game), but most importantly, keeps them in touch with MEM, SAS, and PHO. Had to win tonight as they are likely a sacrificial lamb Friday Night at LAL. Hoping MEM's youth succumbs, as they should, to playoff chase pressure all teams must suffer through.

...on aside... Trent, Jr.'s Defense was phenomenal tonight. It's been very good lately and improving as his minutes increase (past 600 on the year now). His very good 3-pt shooting is a real bonus. Ariza fits in really well, while Stotts has been going with a Lillard and basically 4-Rookie 2nd unit for about 5-6 minutes of Swanigan/Little/Trent, Jr./Simons. The rebounding of Little and Swanigan, physicalness of Swanigan/Little/Trent, Jr. and scoring of Trent, Jr./Lillard makes it work. Simons continues to struggle.
    I think OKC will just stand pat for this year. If Paul makes it through the regular season and playoffs healthy, they may be able to trade him to a serious contender for next season. Not sure where would be the best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    I think OKC will just stand pat for this year. If Paul makes it through the regular season and playoffs healthy, they may be able to trade him to a serious contender for next season. Not sure where would be the best fit.
    They are one win from 30-20! That's crazy. It's not a fluke. They are beating good teams. If only they could get Andre Roberson back. Is he a lost cause?

- - - Updated - - -

Victor Oladipo (right quad/knee) sank a game-tying 3-pointer to send Wednesday's game into overtime, finishing his long-awaited debut with nine points, four assists, two rebounds and one 3-pointer in 21 minutes.

Oladipo hadn't played in over a year due to a ruptured right quad that required surgery, but he came up clutch when it mattered most tonight. It's a bit surprising he was cleared to play 20+ minutes in his first game back, but coach Nate McMillan did say he'll remain on a 24-minute limit through the All-Star break. Oladipo has also been preemptively ruled out for one game during back-to-back sets, though fortunately Indiana only has three left on the schedule.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

So now that the Jazz are playing good teams again, I see they're back to doing Jazz things. Frustrating.

My Grizzlies up to .500 now. This whole season has been such an unexpected delight. Ja Morant is so damn good.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

M2 (01-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So now that the Jazz are playing good teams again, I see they're back to doing Jazz things. Frustrating.
    I wouldn’t even say San Antonio and a Harden/Westbrookless Houston are good teams. I haven’t been able to watch either game, but something defensively has obviously been wrong the last two games.

How do the Sixers lose to the Hawks? I have a hard imagining that team putting the hammer down for an extended run.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

16. Likes:

goreds2 (01-31-2020)

They are one win from 30-20! That's crazy. It's not a fluke. They are beating good teams. If only they could get Andre Roberson back. Is he a lost cause?

- - - Updated - - -

Victor Oladipo (right quad/knee) sank a game-tying 3-pointer to send Wednesday's game into overtime, finishing his long-awaited debut with nine points, four assists, two rebounds and one 3-pointer in 21 minutes.

Oladipo hadn't played in over a year due to a ruptured right quad that required surgery, but he came up clutch when it mattered most tonight. It's a bit surprising he was cleared to play 20+ minutes in his first game back, but coach Nate McMillan did say he'll remain on a 24-minute limit through the All-Star break. Oladipo has also been preemptively ruled out for one game during back-to-back sets, though fortunately Indiana only has three left on the schedule.
    Seems like Roberson is probably finished with OKC. Dort has a similar defensive profile and will be a good replacement. They both won PAC-12 DPOTY and Dort is much younger.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-31-2020)

I hate the Jazz again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I hate the Jazz again.
    This has been crazy. Donovan missed that lob to Gobert and the wheels came off.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    My Grizzlies up to .500 now. This whole season has been such an unexpected delight. Ja Morant is so damn good.
    +42 tonight

Very impressive SAC domination in LA tonight. Fox was elite.

Turn Off Ads?