Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    My SIXERS pulled it out. A win is a win, I guess. I am not sure I have ever seen a run like the Nets had via that 44-8 run.
    The news that Giannis' new son is named Liam is wrong. He is really the daddy of Joel Embiid Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    The news that Giannis' new son is named Liam is wrong. He is really the daddy of Joel Embiid Jr.
    Not hard to put up numbers when you're allowed 12 fouls per game and 5 steps each time you pick up the ball. Rumor has it that Giannis didn't really commit any fouls when fouling out of the Washington game on Monday. All six of his fouls were attributed to just really late whistles from Saturday.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

4. Likes:

Mutaman (02-26-2020)

Malik Monk suspended indefinitely, violation of anti-drug policy

Joel Embiid has left the game with a shoulder sprain. Doctors have diagnosed the injury, and determined that it will not affect his ability to extend his middle finger.

7. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (02-27-2020),Chip R (03-02-2020),M2 (02-26-2020),Revering4Blue (02-27-2020)

Random stuff from tonight:

Russ has been unleashed. 33-9-8, +37 against the Grizz, who are banged up and flinging open the door for someone to take that #8 playoff spot.

I don't care if Embiid got injured, the Sixers have no business losing to the Cavs.

Luka going 26-10-14 barely draws notice these days. We just expect it.

Jayson Tatum seems to put on a cooking show every time the Celtics take the floor these days.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Tatum is on fire.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

What is going on with the Jazz? They are better than this, losing 9 of their last 13.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Jayson Tatum seems to put on a cooking show every time the Celtics take the floor these days.
    Hot take: Jason Tatum deserves All-NBA recognition more than Kawhi Leonard because of his ability to bring it every night.

All-NBA:
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Tatum
    Lillard
    Doncic, AD, Leonard, or Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What is going on with the Jazz? They are better than this, losing 9 of their last 13.
    They were better last night than they have been since the break, but played another really good team. They seem to have a problem balancing their offensive/defensive rotations. Their starting lineup is good offensively, but not good defensively and that is making them try and play perfect offense, which has led them to be very passive and not just play. Their defensive lineup relies on either Mitchell playing hero ball on no or short rest, or guys like O'Neale hitting shots, which he can do, but isn't consistent.

I still think they'll figure it out, but there is no doubt this stretch since the break has been extremely disappointing and probably tanked their shot of getting the 2 seed.

13. Likes:

M2 (02-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Hot take: Jason Tatum deserves All-NBA recognition more than Kawhi Leonard because of his ability to bring it every night.

All-NBA:
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Tatum
    Lillard
    Doncic, AD, Leonard, or Jokic
    That is a scorching hot take. Regardless of which All-NBA team Tatum makes, he ought to make one of them the way he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    They were better last night than they have been since the break, but played another really good team. They seem to have a problem balancing their offensive/defensive rotations. Their starting lineup is good offensively, but not good defensively and that is making them try and play perfect offense, which has led them to be very passive and not just play. Their defensive lineup relies on either Mitchell playing hero ball on no or short rest, or guys like O'Neale hitting shots, which he can do, but isn't consistent.

I still think they'll figure it out, but there is no doubt this stretch since the break has been extremely disappointing and probably tanked their shot of getting the 2 seed.
    The thing that stood out last night is Bogdanovich and Ingles are way off their games. They were complete non-factors. Conley wasn't good either, but they were terrible. Mithcell and Tatum sort of cancelled each other out on the hero ball, and eventually the Celtics won because they have a much better overall team.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (02-28-2020)

NBA questions:

Will the Bucks win 70?
    Raptors or Celtics for 2nd in the East?
    Nets or Magic, who finishes with the better record?
    Who finishes 2-3-4 in the West?
    Who wins the #8 seed in the West?

Will Zion ever be called for an Offensive Foul or for traveling?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

20. Likes:

goreds2 (02-28-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Will Zion ever be called for an Offensive Foul or for traveling?
    And it begins!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

22. Likes:

goreds2 (02-28-2020),M2 (02-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?