Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Dick Williams Needs To Resign

Re: Dick Williams Needs To Resign

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Then where are the threads from November until now?

IF it was the last five seasons, I expect here would be a lot of threads demanding resignation prior to the beginning of this season. Instead it's a post after a loss during the first week of this season, leading me to believe that this season is the trigger.

But that's just me
    I started a similar thread last fall. May have even been November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I don't know if it's my age, having two exhausting kids, or COVID fatigue, but I just cannot summon the energy to engage in these sorts of small sample size debates anymore. The offense has been good. The bullpen has been bad. A team expected to be marginally above .500 has a -1 run differential after 7 games along with 1 "extra" loss above what you'd expect given that differential.

Therefore, lets fire the manager. I know I used to be the one posting 17 times on these threads. And I know I can just go away and let everybody have their fun. But, man... Nothing that happens in 7 games is proof of anything. It's barely even evidence. Sometimes players play better than the play other times. Normal, to-be-expected variance trumps almost everything at this point.

Don't y'all have something better to do than navel gaze to this degree?
    It’s not 7 games. It’s like over 650.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

REDREAD (08-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

It’s possible that Dick Williams may deserve to be replaced, however, my point is that you all arrived to that conclusion in an incorrect, faulty manner with a woefully poor execution and, therefore, you are wrong.

Me defending Dick Williams on April 7, 2028: “It’s been five games!”

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (08-01-2020),REDREAD (08-02-2020),RedTeamGo! (08-01-2020),Wonderful Monds (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Me defending Dick Williams on April 7, 2028: “It’s been five games!”
    It’s so strange. Like, what else do people need to see exactly? This team has been horrible since he joined the FO. I don’t get it. Enough is enough.

8. Likes:

Crumbley (08-01-2020),Falls City Beer (08-01-2020),REDREAD (08-02-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I don't know if it's my age, having two exhausting kids, or COVID fatigue, but I just cannot summon the energy to engage in these sorts of small sample size debates anymore. The offense has been good. The bullpen has been bad. A team expected to be marginally above .500 has a -1 run differential after 7 games along with 1 "extra" loss above what you'd expect given that differential.

Therefore, lets fire the manager. I know I used to be the one posting 17 times on these threads. And I know I can just go away and let everybody have their fun. But, man... Nothing that happens in 7 games is proof of anything. It's barely even evidence. Sometimes players play better than the play other times. Normal, to-be-expected variance trumps almost everything at this point.

Don't y'all have something better to do than navel gaze to this degree?
    We heard the run differential stuff last year and they still ended up being garbage, I’m not buying it.

10. Likes:

Crumbley (08-01-2020),Falls City Beer (08-01-2020),Patrick Bateman (08-02-2020),REDREAD (08-02-2020),RedTeamGo! (08-01-2020),texasdave (08-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s so strange. Like, what else do people need to see exactly? This team has been horrible since he joined the FO. I don’t get it. Enough is enough.
    People are really accountability-averse.

12. Likes:

Crumbley (08-02-2020),REDREAD (08-02-2020)

I’m sorry but run differential means little to nothing IMHO. A 17-2 win counts the same as 2-1.

17-2 win
    2-1 loss
    2-1 loss
    2-1 loss
    2-1 loss
    2-1 loss

+ 10 run diff!!

14. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (08-02-2020),REDREAD (08-02-2020)

Run differential is meaningful in a full season. Over 162 games, luck averages out.

Not so much in a 60 game season. Luck is going to play a big part in who wins this season... if there is a season.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    People are really accountability-averse.
    Fart Noise

I’m knee jerk reaction adverse and firing people during the first week adverse

Maybe you aren’t, and if any of you aren’t what’s the next move when you can Williams and Bell after a week?

Is it a seamless and successful path for certain? Or will you be right back here in week one of next season?

Fart Noise

I’m knee jerk reaction adverse and firing people during the first week adverse

Maybe you aren’t, and if any of you aren’t what’s the next move when you can Williams and Bell after a week?

Is it a seamless and successful path for certain? Or will you be right back here in week one of next season?
    It’s not a week, it’s at least year 5

Dick Williams Needs To Resign

It’s not a week, it’s at least year 5
    Sorry, but sports franchises don’t usually fire guys during week one of a season, even short ones.

Baseball is a business, count on turnover to occur 95% of the time during times that peers would agree as a correct time. I can bet no other franchise would assume firing Williams today as being a fair and correct time to execute that change

So what’s the next move if he goes?

19. Likes:

Roy Tucker (08-01-2020)

Sorry, but sports franchises don’t usually fire guys during week one of a season, even short ones.

Baseball is a business, count on turnover to occur 95% of the time during times that peers would agree as a correct time. I can bet no other franchise would assume firing Williams today as being a fair and correct time to execute that change

Hire someone that is not related to ownership during the off-season. No other moves are happening this year anyways.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (08-02-2020)

Hire someone that is not related to ownership during the off-season. No other moves are happening this year anyways.
    Pretty wide brush you’re painting with there

It won’t happen now. There is too much tumult going on now. In the off season? Sure. After a cold and analytical assessment. But in the middle of this weird uncertain hybrid semi-season. Nope. Not happening now.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

24. Likes:

757690 (08-01-2020),RedTeamGo! (08-01-2020),Revering4Blue (08-02-2020),westofyou (08-01-2020),WVRedsFan (08-01-2020)

hire someone who was not a gofer for Sonny Bush

26. Likes:

Crumbley (08-02-2020),RedTeamGo! (08-01-2020)

Turn Off Ads?