Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell Needs To Go

Re: David Bell Needs To Go

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I hate to be overly optimistic but Reds aren’t in such bad shape. After the Brewers they have a relatively easy schedule for awhile. Cleveland’s awesome pitching is in the rear view mirror. Reds can be back to .500 or slightly above in the next ten games or so.

It’s annoying to have a slow start year after year. But other than modest player moves, I don’t see anything dramatic happening with the manager or GM.

They need is to get Moose back to solidify the lineup. The main relievers are now well rested. Some of these hitters, Winker for example, will obviously get going, some of the numbers will recover.

It’s a veteran team, I have to think we’re headed for a better period very soon.
    These first few weeks were also supposed to be an “easy schedule”.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

REDREAD (08-07-2020),Tom Servo (08-07-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    I wonder if that is counterbalanced by the pressure that if we do tank this season, we can wave goodbye to Castellanos and Bauer.
    I doubt teams will be spending money of the off season so my money is on Castellanos staying put.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I doubt teams will be spending money of the off season so my money is on Castellanos staying put.
    Did you see the contract the Dodgers just gave Betts? Have to wait and see if others feel as confident as the Dodgers.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    These first few weeks were also supposed to be an “easy schedule”.
    And Reds were at .500 until the last three games v Cleveland.

If you don’t believe in the concept of a favorable schedule imagine Reds record if they only played the top teams.

And I said “relatively easy.” Good to quote the full phrase.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-07-2020 at 01:20 PM.

And Reds were at .500 until the last three games v Cleveland.

If you don’t believe in the concept of a favorable schedule imagine Reds record if they only played the top teams.

And I said “relatively easy.” Good to quote the full phrase.
    Cleveland isn’t that good though.

I’m not one of those who thinks the season is over and all hope is lost (maybe playing the NL again will help!), but man they really just needed to at least not poop their pants in 10 games against the Tigers and Indians, a bad team and a slightly above average team, with a split being the worse case scenario. They pooped their pants and won just 4.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cleveland isn’t that good though.

I’m not one of those who thinks the season is over and all hope is lost (maybe playing the NL again will help!), but man they really just needed to at least not poop their pants in 10 games against the Tigers and Indians, a bad team and a slightly above average team, with a split being the worse case scenario. They pooped their pants and won just 4.
    Reds have 8 against KC and Pitt coming up. Another opportunity.

Three under .500 isn’t a deep hole even in the short season.

Obviously must start winning soon.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-07-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Reds have 8 against KC and Pitt coming up. Another opportunity.
    To play below .500?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

No game should be taken for granted based on your opponents W-L record.

Just yesterday 4-10 KC beat the first place 10-3 Cubs 13-2 and the 3-10 Pirates beat the first place 10-3 Twins in a 9th inning walk off
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 08-07-2020 at 02:13 PM.

11. Likes:

mth123 (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    No game should be taken for granted based on your opponents W-L record.

Just yesterday 4-10 KC beat the first place 10-3 Cubs 13-2 and the 3-10 Pirates beat the first place 10-3 Twins in a 9th inning walk off
    One is allowed to look at strength of schedule.

It will inevitably result in a comment like this one.

But not every opponent is the same.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-07-2020 at 02:46 PM.

One is allowed to look at strength of schedule.

It will inevitably result in a comment like this one.

But not every opponent is the same.
    I just posted this to try and ward off the mass hysteria that will certainly break out here the first time the Reds lose to one of these clubs.

14. Likes:

mth123 (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I just posted this to try and ward off the mass hysteria that will certainly break out here the first time the Reds lose to one of these clubs.
    Sure, understood.

It should be obvious that strength of schedule is just one factor. By pointing to it, nobody is guaranteeing victory.

I’m glad though that there are 8 games coming up where Reds might have a good chance to gain ground.

im sure the other teams look at this schedule and say easy win vs the reds and their vaunted offense and bullpen

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Tonight’s lineup is looking pretty dire. I don’t know whose decision it was to boot Aquino off the roster again, but there’s basically zero reason why he shouldn’t be playing tonight instead of Colon, Davidson, or Winker even.

18. Likes:

757690 (08-07-2020),Kilgore_Trout (08-07-2020),malcontent (08-07-2020),REDREAD (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Tonight’s lineup is looking pretty dire. I don’t know whose decision it was to boot Aquino off the roster again, but there’s basically zero reason why he shouldn’t be playing tonight instead of Colon, Davidson, or Winker even.
    I just can’t get over that lineup. This is a team that’s supposed to compete? Really? Career minor leaguer Matt Davidson is batting cleanup? Christian Colon is getting another start? Hapless Jesse Winker is facing a LHP while Votto, one of the few people who’s shown a consistent ability to get on base this season, gets the day off? Unreal.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

20. Likes:

REDREAD (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Would you play Aquino at second base?

Turn Off Ads?