Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 NFL Season

Re: The 2020 NFL Season

Saints player just tested positive after flight to Detroit.

Got his results after the flight to Detroit.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Saints player just tested positive after flight to Detroit.

Got his results after the flight to Detroit.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gative-game-on
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yep, good news, false positive.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Godwin out this week, and now Evans leaves the field with ankle injury.....Brady running out of receivers
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

it appeared Austin Ekeler just did serious damage to his knee....like the season over type of damage
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Are the browns guh...guh...go....good?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Justin Herbert is balling out.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    wow, I was very impressed by him today. I watched him at Oregon, and it was clear he had the talent, size, arm strength, etc. to be an elite NFL QB, but there were games where his accuracy was not great or he just did not take the game over like I thought he should. After watching him today, it is clear to me he may be a better NFL QB (surrounded by NFL level talent) than he was in college. He has a cannon for an arm....reminded me of Jeff George who always had an amazing arm. I will not be shocked if he ends up being the best QB/player from last years draft.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Brady looked great in the 2nd half today. Just as he was getting comfortable utilizing the Tight Ends, it appears OJ Howard may be out for the season with an Achilles injury.

- Howard seems to be snake bitten...every time he gets rolling, the injury happens. It would be a tragedy if his NFL career never gets a chance to flourish because I think he has the ability to be the best pass catching TE in the NFL. The Bucs still have Brate and Gronk to serve in a more traditional TE role.

- RoJo had maybe his best game since entering the NFL running the ball, and likely solidified his role as RB1....relegating Fournette to a more short distance and pass catching role. Ke'Shawn Vaughn came in today and proved he can be a 3rd down weapon out of the backfield also.

- The Bucs defense shut down the run again, but their young secondary got a little exposed today by Herbert. The secondary had looked very solid this year, but they will need to play better than they did today. The front 7 of the Bucs is as good as any team in the NFL. Finally, Lavonte David's recognition as one of the elite LB's in the NFL is long overdue....there are other great ILB's in the NFL, but David stands behind no one in my opinion.

I just wish this offense could get healthy to find out what it can do at full strength....Godwin and Fournette should return next week, but Evans is playing on a bad ankle.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    That kid can play. I see he just fell short of an NFL record.

Who's going to be the slightly least awful team in the NFC East who will make the playoffs? I'm still going Dallas, even though they are clearly very, very bad.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Who's going to be the slightly least awful team in the NFC East who will make the playoffs? I'm still going Dallas, even though they are clearly very, very bad.
    Dallas...and the chances are good that they would be under .500.

The Eagles just took over the division lead with a 1-2-1 record....I assume Dallas ends up winning the division.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

It’ll be Dallas. The Giants might be the worst team in football. Washington could do it if they can beat Dallas twice. The Eagles schedule is too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It’ll be Dallas. The Giants might be the worst team in football. Washington could do it if they can beat Dallas twice. The Eagles schedule is too hard.
    Agree that it'll be Dallas, though Philly is always sneaky at the end of the year. Can't imagine my WFTers beating Dallas twice. Not sure that's ever happened. Besides, I think they're semi tanking...either that or they're just bad enough to look like they might be tanking.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong. I went back to 1980 and Washington has swept Dallas 5 times in those 40 years, the last time being 2012.
    Last edited by RichRed; 10-05-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?