Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Re: 2020 Indianapolis Colts...what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I agree that Eason is far from a certainty as a future star-quality QB - he could easily become the next (so far) Mason Rudolph. I never intended to suggest otherwise, nor am I suggesting that Eason's presence should preclude the Colts from seeking other future QB options. But, 4th round selection or not, Eason was projected by many draft prognosticators to be a great value as a 4th round pick.

This is one reason why I am pleased with the decision to sign a veteran bridge QB, instead of for using their 3rd rounder (or one of their 4th round picks) to acquire a veteran bridge QB - Nick Foles, for example.

Speaking of 'Bridge,' my first choice for a veteran QB acquisition/signing, fwiw, was Teddy Bridgewater, but, of course, it was not to be.
    Very happy for Bridgewater. Finally healthy and in a situation that's positive for him. There's no looking back for him now.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Good opportunity this weekend for the Colts to right the ship.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Good opportunity this weekend for the Colts to right the ship.
    Or the ship sinks?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    No you don't.

You just need one to get hot for three or four games. That's almost any quarterback.
    Yes, almost any QB can get hot for 3-4 games and win a SB, a la the Eagles and Nick Foles. How often does that happen tho...very rarely. If you're going to build a team around that strategy, you better have a defense that can win you some games the other 13-14 games.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Yes, almost any QB can get hot for 3-4 games and win a SB, a la the Eagles and Nick Foles. How often does that happen tho...very rarely. If you're going to build a team around that strategy, you better have a defense that can win you some games the other 13-14 games.
    Much rather go the franchise QB route.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Much rather go the franchise QB route.
    Who is out there that you want?

Should Indy, which has the most cap space of all NFL teams, make serious efforts to trade up? ....https://horseshoeheroes.com/2020/08/...ce-2021-draft/

I do agree that Indy has a pretty strong core, and it is young. And because of that, I don't see this team "falling off a cliff" so to speak, even with a fading vet like Rivers at QB. And looking at the shape of the AFC South? The Titans are 4-0, escaping by the hair of their chinny chin chin (till last week vs Bills), and the Colts are 3-2 and hanging in there. Where is that going to put them in next years's first round of the draft?

Because with this strong, young, core ... they need a QB!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Should Indy, which has the most cap space of all NFL teams, make serious efforts to trade up? ....https://horseshoeheroes.com/2020/08/...ce-2021-draft/

I do agree that Indy has a pretty strong core, and it is young. And because of that, I don't see this team "falling off a cliff" so to speak, even with a fading vet like Rivers at QB. And looking at the shape of the AFC South? The Titans are 4-0, escaping by the hair of their chinny chin chin (till last week vs Bills), and the Colts are 3-2 and hanging in there. Where is that going to put them in next years's first round of the draft?

I have heard that "rumor", very well could be but what the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Who is out there that you want?
    If the jets wanted to dump Darnold The colts should jump on it.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If the jets wanted to dump Darnold The colts should jump on it.
    Fair enough and I agree.

If only the Bengals cared about winning and traded up two picks in 2018 to draft the right Center. Frank Ragnow is currently 6th among 42 Qualified Centers in PFF rankings. Price, the next pick, is probably in the 60's among qualified and unqualified Centers.

Also loved the moronic statement at the time (ala Marvin Lewis and his Perry was better than Jackson take) that the Bengals graded Price above Ragnow.

Hear the Colts will be missing their RG and 3rd string RB. Not that it will make a difference, but the Bengals need all the help they can get.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-17-2020 at 12:10 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

GAC (10-17-2020)

I have heard that "rumor", very well could be but what the price?
    I would assume draft picks, and future first rounds primarily. But, IMO, there are scenarios that present themselves when it comes to a "gifted" college QB (i.e. a Luck or whoever), where the sacrifice is worth it because of the long term benefits. You're pretty confident you're drafting a franchise QB. The question is? ... are any in the upcoming draft seen at that level and worth that sacrifice/risk? Lawrence? Fields? Just not that certain. And this shortened, interrupted season due to the pandemic really doesn't give us a good window to really evaluate these "coming out" QBs.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I would assume draft picks, and future first rounds primarily. But, IMO, there are scenarios that present themselves when it comes to a "gifted" college QB (i.e. a Luck or whoever), where the sacrifice is worth it because of the long term benefits. You're pretty confident you're drafting a franchise QB. The question is? ... are any in the upcoming draft seen at that level and worth that sacrifice/risk? Lawrence? Fields? Just not that certain. And this shortened, interrupted season due to the pandemic really doesn't give us a good window to really evaluate these "coming out" QBs.
    Once again, there is a reason they took Eason.

Once again, there is a reason they took Eason.
    Brady was a 6th Round pick! LOL I love seeing lower round QBs, players overall, succeed. Says alot about the evaluation system IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 10-18-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Brady was a 6th Round pick! LOL
    Johnny Unitas was a 9th round pick.

21. Likes:

GAC (10-18-2020),Revering4Blue (10-18-2020)

Turn Off Ads?