Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Re: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Oscar to UK became official last night.

Anyone want to bet UK is going to Morgantown next year for the SEC-Texas Ten Challenge?
    If so, it would probably be at Rupp since you guys came to Morgantown in 2017-18? It will also probably depend on if WVU is projected to be a Top25 team next year....which we will unless Deuce and/or Culver leave early. It seems like they usually try to matchup UK with either a big brand (Kansas, Texas, etc.) or a Big12 contender in that specific matchup....but they do like the Huggins/Cal angle.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    If so, it would probably be at Rupp since you guys came to Morgantown in 2017-18? It will also probably depend on if WVU is projected to be a Top25 team next year....which we will unless Deuce and/or Culver leave early. It seems like they usually try to matchup UK with either a big brand (Kansas, Texas, etc.) or a Big12 contender in that specific matchup....but they do like the Huggins/Cal angle.
    Kentucky is hosting Texas this year so I see a trip to Allen Fieldhouse next year or possibly Waco.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky is getting throttled by Bama currently.

Sad news today as Ben Jordan who played baseball at UK and walked on last years team passed away today. He’s from close to where I used to live growing up.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kentucky is getting throttled by Bama currently.

Sad news today as Ben Jordan who played baseball at UK and walked on last years team passed away today. He’s from close to where I used to live growing up.
    What happened to him? COVID related? Just way too young.

As for the team one step forward Saturday, two steps back last night. Just typical for a freshman team.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What happened to him? COVID related? Just way too young.

As for the team one step forward Saturday, two steps back last night. Just typical for a freshman team.
    Sent you a PM

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-14-2021)

I think it’s possible between the kneeling, the losing (again today at Auburn) and Cals handling of players this season that a large part of the fan base has turned on him.

Doesn’t matter as he’s making too much money to go away.

I think it’s possible between the kneeling, the losing (again today at Auburn) and Cals handling of players this season that a large part of the fan base has turned on him.

Doesn’t matter as he’s making too much money to go away.
    Fans will really love it when after a few of the freshman are drafted Cal will say this is the greatest day in UK history. This season has turned into a true dumpster fire.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-17-2021),WVRed (01-17-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Honest question. Do you UK fans really see talent in your frosh? And if so, why the struggles? Talent usually trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Honest question. Do you UK fans really see talent in your frosh? And if so, why the struggles? Talent usually trumps.
    The talent is there but the development isn’t, and a lot of that has to do with COVID and roster turnover.

A typical Kentucky season either starts or has a couple games before the Champions Classic (Kansas, Duke, Michigan State) with a cupcake schedule usually until the CBS Sports Classic (UNC, Ohio State, UCLA) and Louisville. There may be a quality non conference game thrown in plus the Big 12-SEC Challenge in January.

This year, the only cupcake has been Morehead State. Every week outside of Richmond they are playing a Power 5 team.

The turnover has been the other side of the coin. Due to transfer and the draft this team only had one returning contributor in Keion Brooks who missed the first half of the season.

With how this year is shaping up, veteran teams would have to be favored to win it all. With everything described above a team coming out of high school into college and playing in these circumstances is basketball suicide. Reasonable fans could see why this would be a struggle. Kentucky fans are not reasonable. I actually feel sorry for these kids because they aren’t getting to play in a packed Rupp Arena or play in the SEC Tournament with Big Blue Nation traveling to Nashville and cheering them on but they are experiencing the worst of this fan base in terms of criticism.

Where fans have an issue is Cal is refusing to adjust his coaching. He is living and dying with BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke (when he comes back). He lets them stay in the game and give it away but holds players like Dontae Allen and Jacob Toppin to a completely different standard and will yank them out over one mistake. I honestly wouldn’t blame either player if they transferred after the season.

These kids were five stars for a reason. BJ Boston played with Bronny James and Zaire Wade. Askew and Clarke should be in HS this year but reclassified. The good news is most of the players on this team should be back and with the players coming next season it should get better.

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-17-2021),cumberlandreds (01-17-2021)

The talent is there but the development isn’t, and a lot of that has to do with COVID and roster turnover.

A typical Kentucky season either starts or has a couple games before the Champions Classic (Kansas, Duke, Michigan State) with a cupcake schedule usually until the CBS Sports Classic (UNC, Ohio State, UCLA) and Louisville. There may be a quality non conference game thrown in plus the Big 12-SEC Challenge in January.

This year, the only cupcake has been Morehead State. Every week outside of Richmond they are playing a Power 5 team.

The turnover has been the other side of the coin. Due to transfer and the draft this team only had one returning contributor in Keion Brooks who missed the first half of the season.

With how this year is shaping up, veteran teams would have to be favored to win it all. With everything described above a team coming out of high school into college and playing in these circumstances is basketball suicide. Reasonable fans could see why this would be a struggle. Kentucky fans are not reasonable. I actually feel sorry for these kids because they aren’t getting to play in a packed Rupp Arena or play in the SEC Tournament with Big Blue Nation traveling to Nashville and cheering them on but they are experiencing the worst of this fan base in terms of criticism.

Where fans have an issue is Cal is refusing to adjust his coaching. He is living and dying with BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke (when he comes back). He lets them stay in the game and give it away but holds players like Dontae Allen and Jacob Toppin to a completely different standard and will yank them out over one mistake. I honestly wouldn’t blame either player if they transferred after the season.

These kids were five stars for a reason. BJ Boston played with Bronny James and Zaire Wade. Askew and Clarke should be in HS this year but reclassified. The good news is most of the players on this team should be back and with the players coming next season it should get better.
    Great response and TY for it.

I did come across this today...https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-...248555110.html

Another comment from last nights radio show:

Cal basically doubled down on not wanting to take these players hearts away and asked “What if it were your son?”

I know non UK fans will delight in this but I’m seriously wondering if Cal is on the take.

Notre Dame probably belongs in the cupcake column this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Notre Dame probably belongs in the cupcake column this year.
    Better get the Irish this year, 'cause Blake Wesley is already in town. Got a feeling that kid is gonna be special.

First time Alabama to sweep UK since 1989. That was Eddie Sutton's last year and the last time UK had a losing record. Looking more and more like this will be 2nd losing season I have seen UK have since I have been a fan. Which has been about 50 years.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    First time Alabama to sweep UK since 1989. That was Eddie Sutton's last year and the last time UK had a losing record. Looking more and more like this will be 2nd losing season I have seen UK have since I have been a fan. Which has been about 50 years.
    Is it gonna be better for you guys next year?

Turn Off Ads?