Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part X

Re: Covid-19, Part IX

Sure, but it sounds like Florida had a system in place that had problems. Instead of not vaccinating people (which would have been the worst possible situation), they audibled to a imperfect but better than nothing plan. Sounds like a good move.

2. Likes:

redhawkfish (01-16-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Sure, but it sounds like Florida had a system in place that had problems. Instead of not vaccinating people (which would have been the worst possible situation), they audibled to a imperfect but better than nothing plan. Sounds like a good move.
    There was no system in place. That was the problem. Each county had their own plan, with zero guidence from the state. Some worked better than others. Some were disasters. The first come, first serve ones were the disasters.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, because people can’t stay home for a couple more months.
    LOL

6. Likes:

redhawkfish (01-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Jones is a psycho. Not sure why we're even quoting her.

Also, I don't know why we're focusing so much on Florida, but on the other hand, I know exactly why we are.

8. Likes:

redhawkfish (01-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Also, I don't know why we're focusing so much on Florida
    Another posters claimed that Flordia is the gold standard for dealing with Covid and the vaccine. This is all just reaction to that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, that’s what I’m saying. People can’t stay home so they are going to house parties. The point is if people won’t listen might as well open restaurants and bars where it’s more controlled environment. I’m not saying they look smart. The issue is Americans are incredibly selfish and entitled. It is what it is.

Why would someone like me, a 37-year-old, who works out 5 times a week, has had a great immune system, and whose age group has a 99.999875181% chance of surviving this virus in Indiana be considered "selfish?" Because I might hang give it to someone who's 68-years-old who has a 99.5916% of surviving?

(These are literally Indiana's survival numbers.)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Another posters claimed that Flordia is the gold standard for dealing with Covid and the vaccine. This is all just reaction to that statement.
    THat's true. I said New York was a disaster and these same posters haven't said anything so i'm assuming they also agree.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    People get together at their homes regardless of whether restaurants are open. Parties are not a sudden innovation.
    People are still driving during a pandemic but isn't it weirdly odd how driving accidents are WAY down this year?

FYI, Indiana is kicking ass in vaccines. They've done AMAZING since they were one of the first states to start vaccinating by age groups. We just started signing up 70+ year olds a few days ago after giving the 80+ crowd a week or so to get it done.

Covid-19, Part IX

People are still driving during a pandemic but isn't it weirdly odd how driving accidents are WAY down this year?
    Street racing is a a real high point here due to decreased traffic

15. Likes:

Redsfaithful (01-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Street racing is a a real high point here due to decreased traffic
    Srsly?

Why would someone like me, a 37-year-old, who works out 5 times a week, has had a great immune system, and whose age group has a 99.999875181% chance of surviving this virus in Indiana be considered "selfish?" Because I might hang give it to someone who's 68-years-old who has a 99.5916% of surviving?

(These are literally Indiana's survival numbers.)
    Ah, so you're sure that you can't die from it and no one you give it to could die from it.

Thinking like that is one of the primary reasons that nearly 400,000 Americans HAVE died from it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

18. Likes:

M2 (01-18-2021),marcshoe (01-16-2021),mth123 (01-17-2021),WrongVerb (01-16-2021)

Srsly?
    Yep, it's been crazy here. They shut down bridges and parts of the highway. The cops finally had to address it because there'd be 200 odd people watching guys do donuts and race

Yep, it's been crazy here. They shut down bridges and parts of the highway. The cops finally had to address it because there'd be 200 odd people watching guys do donuts and race
    Attachment 16898

21. Likes:

westofyou (01-16-2021),WrongVerb (01-16-2021)

Turn Off Ads?