Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Re: 2021 College Football Thread: New Year Same Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Sounds like Pruitt won't go quietly

https://footballscoop.com/news/jerem...to-his-firing/

I do not blame him....that is not pocket change. I have not followed it closely, but it sure feels like they wanted to get rid of him without paying him....and went looking for a reason to terminate him for cause and get out of paying him.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I do not see that plan being great for recruiting....or even stopping a flood into the portal.
    Depends on if the NCAA decides to do anything. They have to replace the AD first who will be hiring the coach.

Wonder if Neal Brown would be a candidate?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Depends on if the NCAA decides to do anything. They have to replace the AD first who will be hiring the coach.

Wonder if Neal Brown would be a candidate?
    Do not think so....have not seen him on any "lists" released today in the media. He was mentioned on their fan boards....but I think dude has to get WVU back on track before another program will make an effort to "steal" him. Right now, I am not even convinced he will get WVU back to B12 contention....I am hopeful, but it is not a lock. Get WVU to the Big12 Championship game, then I might be concerned.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I saw Tressel's nephew (Michigan State safeties coach Mike Tressel) is taking over as DC @ Cincy.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I do not blame him....that is not pocket change. I have not followed it closely, but it sure feels like they wanted to get rid of him without paying him....and went looking for a reason to terminate him for cause and get out of paying him.
    Settlement forthcoming.....

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Volnation takes yet another ugly hit. Hope they don't coming sniffing around Bloomington.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Volnation takes yet another ugly hit. Hope they don't coming sniffing around Bloomington.
    What was pretty embarrassing today was the press conference when Fulmer was asked how Pruitts tenure would be remembered. He said the recruiting effort by Pruitt had been good.

That’s kinda like when some of the basketball players got gun charges and Bruce Pearl previewing the Kentucky game coming up “we’ve got weapons”

Of course Fulmer said last year the Vols were back and was going to take a bite out of everyone’s ass last year.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What was pretty embarrassing today was the press conference when Fulmer was asked how Pruitts tenure would be remembered. He said the recruiting effort by Pruitt had been good.

That’s kinda like when some of the basketball players got gun charges and Bruce Pearl previewing the Kentucky game coming up “we’ve got weapons”

Of course Fulmer said last year the Vols were back and was going to take a bite out of everyone’s ass last year.
    I saw some of the UT message board, and the claims are Jarrett Guarantano sparked the investigation by going scorched earth on his way to the portal reporting multiple violations of the staff that had nothing to do with him? Anyone know if that is accurate? Also saw Darnell Wright's name listed as one of the athletes that received additional benefits during recruiting.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I saw some of the UT message board, and the claims are Jarrett Guarantano sparked the investigation by going scorched earth on his way to the portal reporting multiple violations of the staff that had nothing to do with him? Anyone know if that is accurate? Also saw Darnell Wright's name listed as one of the athletes that received additional benefits during recruiting.
    It’s so funny. I remember when Darnell Wright committed to the Vols. I immediately thought “I wonder how cash it took?” It made absolutely no sense otherwise. That dude was a top 10 recruit in the country and top 250 all time. He was being recruited by every major program. Bama, Clemson, OSU, Florida, etc. All of a sudden he commits to Tennessee lol.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The Vols need to get a guy that cheats without getting caught....ya know, the SEC way.

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-19-2021),Revering4Blue (01-19-2021)

Is Tennessee going to let Clay Travis run its coaching search again this time?

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-20-2021),RedTeamGo! (01-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The Vols need to get a guy that cheats without getting caught....ya know, the SEC way.
    Does McDonalds bags full of cash count?:

https://247sports.com/Article/Jeremy...rch-159558159/

Dan Patrick is pushing for Jason Witten.

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s so funny. I remember when Darnell Wright committed to the Vols. I immediately thought “I wonder how cash it took?” It made absolutely no sense otherwise. That dude was a top 10 recruit in the country and top 250 all time. He was being recruited by every major program. Bama, Clemson, OSU, Florida, etc. All of a sudden he commits to Tennessee lol.
    WVU made a strong push near the end....it was right when Neal Brown got hired. I think at that point Bama, Ohio State and others had kind of moved on. It appeared WVU had maybe a 10% chance....they sent the whole damn athletic department to his house, but he stuck with Tennessee. At the time, the claim was his head coach had ties to Tennessee. Who knows, maybe the coach got some action also. Wright and Nester claimed Dana and staff did not even really recruit them....I guess because 4 and 5 Stars are a dime a dozen in WV! Dana was not a big recruiter, but he really was not into putting effort into recruiting WV kids for some weird reason....I think the dude just did not like WV and did not enjoy traveling around WV to recruit.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

In all fairness to U of Tenn, I think most people thought Pruitt had a chance to succeed there when he was hired. Regardless of any rules being broken, he just did not get the job done....it happens to even the best programs. A bad hire is a killer. Throwing mud against the wall here, but I almost wonder if him and his staff was so focused in making recruiting splashes to a fan base that is delusional, that it got in the way of actually building a culture and seeking the kids that would fit in that culture? I think Tennessee has been a Top 25 recruiting program, but Pruitt first class that he had a full year to recruit came in at #13, then a Top 10 class in 2020.....and they still sucked.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?