Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: State Covid Vaccine Dashboards

Re: State Covid Vaccine Dashboards

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Got my first shot today. 100% because of JaxRed.

I tried for a couple of weeks every day. Jax and Roy are like inside traders with their IT skills.

Normal mortals have very little chance at improving their odds.
    The problem is with the current setup is that you have to carpet-bomb every possible site. An awful lot of wasted effort because there are a lot. Like I said, just have one place to sign up and feed it out to all the providers. It’s a decent sized project to do it well and correctly, but a solvable problem. Lack of vaccine exacerbated the problem. They’ll get this solved. Like I said, the TriHealth site at the Baldwin center was set up for volume.

I think I just got lucky. No mad skillz.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

My worry is that my youngest the nurse got the vaccine and then got pregnant.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The new cases come as four people in Oregon tested positive for COVID-19 even though they’d been fully vaccinated and enough time had passed for their second doses to become fully effective, state public health officials announced Friday.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...-positive.html
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The new cases come as four people in Oregon tested positive for COVID-19 even though they’d been fully vaccinated and enough time had passed for their second doses to become fully effective, state public health officials announced Friday.

Well 95% effective isn’t 100% effective.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-15-2021),Sea Ray (02-13-2021)

This is the key:

State health officials are in the process of testing samples taken from the four fully vaccinated people who tested positive. They either had no symptoms or mild symptoms.
    The vaccines are meant to keep people from getting really sick, as in out of the hospital. In that respect those 4 people were protected

This shouldn’t be news to anyone that is remotely following things. There were similar findings in the vaccination studies. As said, the FOUR people had no or mild symptoms. That’s great.

If you were presenting this as a “just news” post I apologize for being curt. If this is being presented as part of a broader theme I’m curious at to what you are driving at.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-15-2021),Larkin Fan (02-13-2021)

Got my first shot in Manhattan today. Ratings:

Ability to make the appointment: D
    Ability to find the site in Morningside Heights: D (I can't read a map)
    Organization at site: B+
    Competence and bedside manner of Nicole who gave me the shot: A+
    Ease in making 2nd appointment: A

11. Likes:

757690 (02-13-2021),JaxRed (02-13-2021),Larkin Fan (02-14-2021),RFS62 (02-15-2021),Roy Tucker (02-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Some new big numbers today. We went over 50 million doses administered. And our daily average of shots hit it's highest point at 1.66 million doses per day. Our new cases average went below 100K for the first time.

Death average continues to inch down. 2,653. As noted earlier, World-o-Meter says they distributed the bulk Ohio deaths according to the day they actually died, so there was no big jump.

California seems to have hit a self-induced snag. LA County is cutting off first doses so that they have enough vaccines to cover second doses. LA County's weekly allotment of vaccines was cut by 80,000. Yet other counties, like Fresno saw their vaccine allotment increase.

The Feds did not cut the number of vaccines to the state. Allocation within the state is decided on by state authorities. Somehow, that process got wonky in California. Hopefully they fix it quickly because 1st doses are more important than 2nd doses.
    52 million now. 11% of population has at least one shot. Death rate average continues to come down. 2,599 now. Vaccination rate slowed a bit to 1.64.

4 States drive the really bad numbers. California, Texas, Florida and NY. I doubled checked their vaccination percentage and they are all around 11%. My amateur sleuthing attributes it to the large numbers of Hispanics in each state. An accumulation of factors.

1. Hispanics have been hit harder
    2. Hispanics among those less likely to want to get vaccinated
    3. Hispanics probably have a greater share of multi-generational households.
    4. Hispanics have probably had less access to the web sites, etc. where you can sign up.

As more and more vaccines become available we need to ensure we can get vaccines to these hotspots.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-14-2021 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Fix bad data
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

52 million now. 15% of population has at least one shot. Death rate average continues to come down. 2,599 now. Vaccination rate slowed a bit to 1.64.

4 States drive the really bad numbers. California, Texas, Florida and NY. I doubled checked their vaccination percentage and they are all around 15%. My amateur sleuthing attributes it to the large numbers of Hispanics in each state. An accumulation of factors.

1. Hispanics have been hit harder
    2. Hispanics among those less likely to want to get vaccinated
    3. Hispanics probably have a greater share of multi-generational households.
    4. Hispanics have probably had less access to the web sites, etc. where you can sign up.

As more and more vaccines, become available we need to ensure we can get vaccines to these hotspots.
    Correct me if I’m wrong Jax but Bloomberg says ~11 percent of the population has gotten at least one shot. I think the 15% number is actually 15 doses per 100 people, which “double counts” those who have gotten both shots.

If you look at the line of the actual data it shows
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  25.9 KB

OK now I'm double reading to see if I'm right or you're right. I decided you are right. Bummer......
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-14-2021 at 12:49 AM.

If you look at the line of the actual data it shows
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  25.9 KB

OK now I'm double reading to see if I'm right or you're right. I decided you are right. Bummer......
    Yeah, it’s hard to articulate succinctly. As much as I want to say “we’re at 15%” what that means is we are at 15% of a possible 200% (two shots per person).

So I usually try to write it up as “15 doses per 100 people.” Even though it’s so easy to just say “15%.”

I'll give an update on my vaccine experience. I got the second dose of Moderna a little over two days ago (Fri AM). Very few problems that day. The next day I woke up with a fairly sore arm. It was very difficult to lift it above my shoulder. 36 hrs after the shot I was getting mild body aches. 48 hrs later I woke up at about 98% . Body aches dissipated after a good night's sleep. Arm is ever so slightly tight when I lift it above shoulder. All in all none of these side effects were a big deal. None of it affected my activities. Despite the horror stories you hear about shot #2, research shows that only about 20% have those severe issues. Hence I'm in the 80%. My wife had even fewer problems than I did. There was no fever or lethargy. Shot one gave me no issues whatsoever. It was like they gave me a placebo.

17. Likes:

redhawkfish (02-14-2021),Revering4Blue (02-14-2021),Roy Tucker (02-15-2021)

More good news from Isreal:

Attachment 16971
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Now up to 53.8 million doses. The average per day is at it's highest point, 1.68 million per day.

Now 11.8% have at least one dose and 4.4% have 2 doses.

7 Day death average sinks again to 2,569.

Now up to 53.8 million doses. The average per day is at it's highest point, 1.68 million per day.

Now 11.8% have at least one dose and 4.4% have 2 doses.

7 Day death average sinks again to 2,569.
    54.6 million but average per day sinks a bit to 1.64 million. Almost certainly a combination of the holiday weekend and the blizzard(s)

11.9% have at least once dose. 4.5% have completed their dosage.

7 Day Death rate down to 2,481

Turn Off Ads?