Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Bengals Part II: The Chase is On?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Follow the link I posted to Sewell getting Herbert's knee caved in or nah? There's no guarantees.
    Its one play. It really proves nothing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It shows that drafting Sewell does not guarantee Burrow health which has been the weird slant from the pro-Sewell crowd for too long now. It confirms that Sewell needs some work, and there is some projection with him. And it is a reminder that taking him does not mean Joe never gets hit again in a bad way, which has been too long the bad faith argument against Chase.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

It shows that drafting Sewell does not guarantee Burrow health which has been the weird slant from the pro-Sewell crowd for too long now. It confirms that Sewell needs some work, and there is some projection with him. And it is a reminder that taking him does not mean Joe never gets hit again in a bad way, which has been too long the bad faith argument against Chase.
    Its akin to posting a video of Chase dropping a ball and saying, look he can't catch.

Sewell will let up some sacks, he will get some penalties, he will have bad plays. Posting one video of one time when Sewell let up a low QB as proof that he is going to get Burrow hurt is ludicrous.

Its akin to posting a video of Chase dropping a ball and saying, look he can't catch.

Sewell will let up some sacks, he will get some penalties, he will have bad plays. Posting one video of one time when Sewell let up a low QB as proof that he is going to get Burrow hurt is ludicrous.
    Lost track, is a dropped ball the same as getting a QBs knee caved in? Has anyone ANYONE advocating for Chase said that if he is drafted he will never drop a ball? Because I have never heard that.

And I did NOT post that to say that Sewell would get Burrow hurt. I DID post it to say that even with Sewell, QBs take bad hits.

What I am saying is that it is serious bad faith argument to say that passing on Sewell means you don't care about Burrow. And it is further a serious bad faith argument to say that drafting Sewell erases that risk. And that HAS been said. A lot. There was even a stupid meme about it.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Tom Brady made a backup QB from Kent State one of the best WRs in the NFL.
    I hope becoming Tom Brady isn't the expectation put on Burrow.

This was one play too.

https://youtu.be/R5SyOF0vTjM
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

8. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (04-21-2021)

Lost track, is a dropped ball the same as getting a QBs knee caved in? Has anyone ANYONE advocating for Chase said that if he is drafted he will never drop a ball? Because I have never heard that.

And I did NOT post that to say that Sewell would get Burrow hurt. I DID post it to say that even with Sewell, QBs take bad hits.

What I am saying is that it is serious bad faith argument to say that passing on Sewell means you don't care about Burrow. And it is further a serious bad faith argument to say that drafting Sewell erases that risk. And that HAS been said. A lot. There was even a stupid meme about it.
    Ignoring the OLine like they have for a couple of years now means you don't have a clue what you are doing. You need to protect Burrow, and yes, regardless of who you draft or sign, Burrow will be hit.

What they did last year in regards to the OLine was borderline criminal. It must be addressed, if you think there is value in the 2nd and is comparable to Sewell, that is your opinion. I think Sewell is more of sure a think than Chase is, and think OLine is a MUST early in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I hope becoming Tom Brady isn't the expectation put on Burrow.
    I agree, just pointing it out
    What would you say.....ya do here?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Follow the link I posted to Sewell getting Herbert's knee caved in or nah? There's no guarantees.
    Of course there’s not a guarantee, I don’t think anyone has ever said if they draft Sewell he’ll definitely never get injured again. But it’s a big step towards helping out with protecting him. And he desperately needs it.

It must be addressed, if you think there is value in the 2nd and is comparable to Sewell, that is your opinion. I think Sewell is more of sure a think than Chase is, and think OLine is a MUST early in the draft.
    But it has been a little bit, they have a new starting RT and a new coach (this is only notable because the last coach was actually harmful to production.) They have a little more guard depth than they did to start last year, and this is all before the draft where they will add another high pick, since I think we all expect them to take OL in the first two rounds.

This might have been overthinking from the start - they added nothing to the WR room and lost a guy with over 100 targets vs. an offensive line that doesn't actually have a tackle job open in 2021. Of course Sewell would start somewhere if drafted, but that's just the reality of the situation. I think both guys have All-Pro ceilings so then you move on to what the Bengals actually need and I don't know that it actually is offensive lineman before receiver.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

13. Likes:

membengal (04-21-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm getting to where I think the play should be trade back, but not so much that the team can't take Slater, or maybe Aloe-Vera or whatever his name is.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

15. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (04-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm getting to where I think the play should be trade back, but not so much that the team can't take Slater, or maybe Aloe-Vera or whatever his name is.
    Or take both if you can get 2 1st rounders. Or is it too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Tobin talked about that today...Left open the option of trading back but not too far...I think they would be willing to go back to Denver's spot at 9 you still have an outside shot at Sewell or Slater. It would take a good offer to do that but I think they have zeroed in on 3 players. Sewell, Slater and Chase.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

18. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-21-2021)

If they have Chase, Sewell, Pitts in a group of 3 they can only go as far as Detroit. If they have Slater in that group too, they can only go as far as Carolina. That's why I am pretty skeptical of a tradeback - Tobin said they don't want to miss the elite options they have on their plate now - and basically said they would only trade back if it didn't take them out of one of those options...

If they have Chase, Sewell, Pitts in a group of 3 they can only go as far as Detroit. If they have Slater in that group too, they can only go as far as Carolina. That's why I am pretty skeptical of a tradeback - Tobin said they don't want to miss the elite options they have on their plate now - and basically said they would only trade back if it didn't take them out of one of those options...
    Depends on who the 49ers take. If they really do go Mac Jones, then you would have to think two teams come up to get Lance and Fields.

Turn Off Ads?