Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XII

Re: Covid-19 Part XII

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Can I throw my mask up in the air ala Mary Tyler Moore now?
    Please and thank you.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not sure why, because here in Kansas this is how people have been behaving for weeks (months? the whole pandemic?) anyway, but seeing this from the CDC truly, finally feels like the beginning of the end of this thing. I'm surprised at how excited I am by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Can I throw my mask up in the air ala Mary Tyler Moore now?
    That or put it on a beer bottle Laverne and Shirley style.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not sure why, because here in Kansas this is how people have been behaving for weeks (months? the whole pandemic?) anyway, but seeing this from the CDC truly, finally feels like the beginning of the end of this thing. I'm surprised at how excited I am by this news.
    So you’re saying we aren’t in Kansas anymore?

I apologize.

7. Likes:

Boston Red (05-13-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Glad to see mask guidelines change, I hope I can do some maskless therapy sessions again soon, only thing I’ve really not been doing normally lately. Me and my therapist are both fully vaccinated, but she still prefers to wear one.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-13-2021)

I wonder how this will effect stores. Will they still enforce a mask mandate?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They don’t even enforce it now for the most part. I think the only store around here that I have been to that enforced it was Trader Joe’s, but they don’t have that type of clientele that would push the envelope anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Good question. That is up to the business to decide, and should be fascinating to see which of the larger retailers drop the mandates first.

More importantly, how will this effect the 29% of schools that aren't back full time here in America.

This is a horrible headache for parents of kids under 12. If proof of vaccination isn't required for going unmasked anywhere, then there's no incentive for anyone to do it. And that means that any indoor space can have unmasked, unvaccinated people walking around, which means I can't bring my kid there. And immunocompromised people who can't get vaccinated are no longer safe anywhere. My summer just got a lot more isolated, not more open.

The problem with "to each his own" is that it doesn't work unless everyone is vaccine-eligible. I'm not saying the guidance is out of line, but dang they're really leaving parents and kids out to dry here.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Last I heard airlines were required to mask till Sep 15th. I'd love to hear if that changes.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

"Additionally, the MLB mask mandate that required all fans to wear a mask whenever they were unable to social distance at the park has also been removed. Instead, MLB now says that minor league teams should follow local authority guidance as far as mask wearing."

I'm in Florida...... Gov DeSantis will come to each game and rip the mask off your face!!

PS - Just a joke folks.... don't go political.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-14-2021),Dom Heffner (05-13-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

America is finally winning its fight against the coronavirus

America’s battle against the coronavirus is going great.

The big picture: For the first time in a long time, nobody needs to cherry-pick some misleading data to make it seem like things are going well, and the good news doesn’t need an endless list of caveats, either. It’s just really good news. We’re winning. Be happy.

By the numbers: The U.S. averaged fewer than 40,000 new cases per day over the past week.

That’s a 21% improvement over the week before, and the first time the daily average has dipped below 40,000 since September — eight months ago.
    New cases declined last week in 37 states. Not a single state moved in the wrong direction.

Deaths from the coronavirus are at their lowest level since last July — about 600 per day, on average, per the AP, and may soon hit their lowest point of the entire pandemic. Nationally, hospitalization rates are also falling significantly.

The U.S. is finally winning its battle against COVID-19 thanks almost exclusively to one weapon: the vaccines.
    Make sure to get your double-tap. Unless you're afraid of needles or something.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Last I heard airlines were required to mask till Sep 15th. I'd love to hear if that changes.
    My SIL is a flight attendant for American. That is correct.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Im masking regardless, maybe even forever.

I dont trust these Trumpers...Putin Loving, Pro-virus a******************.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-13-2021)

Good news is fun.

Turn Off Ads?