Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Barrero (Garcia)

Re: Jose Barrero (Garcia)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I thought about that, it’s certainly doable, and Friedl provides more good defense in the OF.

Assuming Aquino will replace Cast in the starting lineup - then Friedl and Shogo would be a bit redundant as LHH bench OFers. Reds might decide to use the opening for Lopez as a switch hitter.

But at some point this year - now or later - I’d like to see Friedl, absolutely.
    I'd certainly give preference to Lopez if he can really play a decent OF.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My moves would be Cast to the DL and Ryan Hendrix optioned. Lopez and Barrero called up.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

Mitri (07-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    My moves would be Cast to the DL and Ryan Hendrix optioned. Lopez and Barrero called up.
    It blows my mind that Ryan Hendrix is still on the MLB roster and has been all season.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

6. Likes:

M2 (07-23-2021),Tom Servo (07-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    It blows my mind that Ryan Hendrix is still on the MLB roster and has been all season.
    You aren't kidding. He's not really even young. He's a guy to move on from a lot sooner than they have.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-23-2021)

Reds are unlikely to drop to 13 pitchers now. If they replace Hendrix it would likely be with another pitcher.

Over next 30 games, Reds have only one off day. Only one off day between today and August 22. Covers the Cards series, then road trip, home stand, road trip, home stand. They likely want 14 pitchers for that stretch.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-23-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Reds are unlikely to drop to 13 pitchers now. If they replace Hendrix it would likely be with another pitcher.

Over next 30 games, Reds have only one off day. Only one off day between today and August 22. Covers the Cards series, then road trip, home stand, road trip, home stand. They likely want 14 pitchers for that stretch.
    13 pitchers and calling up nobody is better than letting Hendrix pitch again.

11. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-23-2021),Mitri (07-23-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021),Tom Servo (07-23-2021)

13 pitchers and calling up nobody is better than letting Hendrix pitch again.
    Reds did cut back to 13 pitchers today, I thought it was unlikely, I stand corrected.

Reds brought up Max Schrock and IL’d Alaniz, as reported in a separate thread.

Reds did cut back to 13 pitchers today, I thought it was unlikely, I stand corrected.

Reds brought up Max Schrock and IL’d Alaniz, as reported in a separate thread.
    They had only seven players on the 40-man roster to choose from; and even if they decided to add a player not currently on the 40-man roster, they still would have to choose one of those seven to DFA.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    They had only seven players on the 40-man roster to choose from; and even if they decided to add a player not currently on the 40-man roster, they still would have to choose one of those seven to DFA.
    Presumably if Reds wanted a fourteenth pitcher they would have found one someplace. Cionel, or O’Brien or somebody. Goudeau. Alaniz is injured so anyone could be recalled immediately I assume. The DFA part, if necessary, seems pretty easy too.

Presumably if Reds wanted a fourteenth pitcher they would have found one someplace. Cionel, or O’Brien or somebody. Goudeau. Alaniz is injured so anyone could be recalled immediately I assume. The DFA part, if necessary, seems pretty easy too.
    Yes, but what I was saying was that they are starting to get close to a point where the entire 40-man roster is filled with active players, injured players, and players who aren't ready to be called up but still need to be protected.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Yes, but what I was saying was that they are starting to get close to a point where the entire 40-man roster is filled with active players, injured players, and players who aren't ready to be called up but still need to be protected.
    Good point. They didn’t even have a true outfielder to call up for Castellanos. Getting tight.

Reds have a few guys they can DFA to make room if needed. They’ll have to DFA guys when the 60-day DL guys return, Blandino, Senzel, Moose.

Reds’ forty man roster is clogged with pitchers, they’ve used 26 pitchers on the big league team (plus position players). Currently Reds have 25 pitchers plus one 60-day IL guy on the forty man roster. Seven injured list pitchers.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-24-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Barrero went 4-5, HR, Double, Steal, 4 Runs, 6 RBIs last night.

Up to a .309/.404/.553 in AAA after doing the same sort of thing in AA.

18. Likes:

goreds2 (07-29-2021),Griffey012 (07-29-2021),klw (07-29-2021),Old school 1983 (07-29-2021),Patrick Bateman (08-01-2021),Ron Madden (07-30-2021),Tom Servo (07-29-2021),Tuff Nut (07-29-2021)

he's actually doing better in AAA than he was doing in AA, and that's saying something.

kid is the real deal.

combined stats for the season: .303 BA, 12 HR, 52 RBIs, 12 steals, .381 OBP, .889 OPS (254 at-bats).

The only concerning thing is the strike outs, but if he's going to hit 25 HR and steal 25 bags you can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    The only concerning thing is the strike outs, but if he's going to hit 25 HR and steal 25 bags you can live with it.
    As long as that K% is under 30 (for now) and comes with some walks and power, along with elite defense, I am willing to not make a big deal about it. Bring him up, Farmer, India and Suarez could all use some days off.

Turn Off Ads?