Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Likely Four of the last 6 since they should get Iowa in the B10 championship game. If they win out they'll deserve a slot.

Wouldn't it be something if both OSU and UC managed it?
    Yeah. You can already pencil Iowa in the Championship game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Yeah. You can already pencil Iowa in the Championship game.
    Idk, Iowa is getting really overhyped right now IMHO. They have looked good against bad teams. They are getting a lofty ranking right now because they beat an extremely overrated Iowa St team. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Iowa drops 3-4 games.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

"So Fla Red"

Iowa has looked great so far on defense.

They've annilhated everyone except Colorado State (only 14 pts allowed but a close game). Not sure what happened in that game and didn't see a second of that one but was surprised the score was close.

OSU is much improved so excited for the rest of the year. Plenty of chances for big wins and to get in the playoff mix with the B1G being loaded this year.

Can ya'll let the High School gym teacher call plays on defense again this week? Please?

6. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-03-2021)

FWIW Flemming has been injured for the past two games. Don't know what to read into it, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    FWIW Flemming has been injured for the past two games. Don't know what to read into it, if anything.
    Transfer portal in 3….2….

In all seriousness: I think it’s fairly obvious he is, at best, WR7 right now.

Olave
    Wilson
    JSN
    Egbuka
    Harrison Jr
    Ballard
    Fleming

It’s a bummer, but on the flip side it’s a good “problem” to have. The fact Fleming was the number 1 recruit in the country and is WR7 on the depth chart not because off the field issues but because he’s just not good enough speaks volumes about the WR room. I would expect Fleming (and McCord) to transfer to Penn State relatively soon. McCord in the spring and Fleming any day now. I don’t buy that Fleming is injured. I saw the tweet from Birm (it was in response to me lol).

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Transfer portal in 3….2….

In all seriousness: I think it’s fairly obvious he is, at best, WR7 right now.

Olave
    Wilson
    JSN
    Egbuka
    Harrison Jr
    Ballard
    Fleming

It’s a bummer, but on the flip side it’s a good “problem” to have. The fact Fleming was the number 1 recruit in the country and is WR7 on the depth chart not because off the field issues but because he’s just not good enough speaks volumes about the WR room. I would expect Fleming (and McCord) to transfer to Penn State relatively soon. McCord in the spring and Fleming any day now. I don’t buy that Fleming is injured. I saw the tweet from Birm (it was in response to me lol).
    Don't see the tweet. I think Fleming is in the 2nd tier of WR who would normally get playing time. I have him #4 on the list, getting more PT than every non starting WR if he had been healthy. As much as I follow OSU I have never heard anything negative about Fleming and tend to believe he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Don't see the tweet. I think Fleming is in the 2nd tier of WR who would normally get playing time. I have him #4 on the list, getting more PT than every non starting WR if he had been healthy. As much as I follow OSU I have never heard anything negative about Fleming and tend to believe he is injured.
    It’s not a negative. I think he’s sitting out to preserve an extra year of eligibility. He may have not made up his mind yet.

As for being WR4, I absolutely think Egbuka is not only significantly better than Fleming, but he matches what Hartline is looking for more and is definitely above him on the depth chart. I think Harrison is also making stride and has overtaken him. I think in 2022 it’s going to look this:

WR1: JSN
    WR2: Egbuka
    WR3: Harrison

11. Likes:

DocRed (10-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s not a negative. I think he’s sitting out to preserve an extra year of eligibility. He may have not made up his mind yet.

As for being WR4, I absolutely think Egbuka is not only significantly better than Fleming, but he matches what Hartline is looking for more and is definitely above him on the depth chart. I think Harrison is also making stride and has overtaken him. I think in 2022 it’s going to look this:

WR1: JSN
    WR2: Egbuka
    WR3: Harrison
    Pretty much...we saw a taste of that in spring ball already. Course there is always the stud true frosh that could very well crack the starting 3. Kyion Graves could be an Olave like talent right off the bat IMO.

I’m very excited about Grayes. Burton might be Garrett Wilson 2.0.

Well OSU seems to have figured out whatever was wrong. Defense looks solid and Stroud is playing with a lot of confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defense looks solid. Offense looks great. Special teams looks great. Stroud looks like a heisman candidate. it blows my mind how taking a week off has completely changed him around. Looks like a difference person out there.

I’m glad they’re conserving Henderson but his talent is just off the charts. Power and acceleration and eye for the holes. He is really something.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

17. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-09-2021),RedTeamGo! (10-09-2021)

Ryan Day has earned a ton of credit this season.

He's clearly at the forefront of college playcallers and QB developers, but it would be easy to say he coasted on Urban's tenure his first two years. I think we're squarely in the Ryan Day tenure now, and things look promising.

Cannot say enough about how he has dealt with adversity. He made a big-boy decision to switch horses midstream on defense (and to Coombs's credit he hasn't rocked the boat), and the offense got in gear. Lot of season left, but the way they've rebounded has been incredible.

Need to finish out the 2022 recruiting class strong and find some more emerging defensive coaches, but it's hard to be anything but optimistic at this juncture.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Ryan Day has earned a ton of credit this season.

He's clearly at the forefront of college playcallers and QB developers, but it would be easy to say he coasted on Urban's tenure his first two years. I think we're squarely in the Ryan Day tenure now, and things look promising.

Cannot say enough about how he has dealt with adversity. He made a big-boy decision to switch horses midstream on defense (and to Coombs's credit he hasn't rocked the boat), and the offense got in gear. Lot of season left, but the way they've rebounded has been incredible.

Need to finish out the 2022 recruiting class strong and find some more emerging defensive coaches, but it's hard to be anything but optimistic at this juncture.
    I said a couple weeks ago: the 2021 and 2022 classes are so elite that if they don’t win a natty in the next 2-3 years it will be an absolute failure.

Turn Off Ads?