Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Early bird gets to name the thread.

Plenty of vaccine doses available . . . go get some today (before the kids get them in a couple of weeks).

2. Likes:

M2 (10-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Covid-19, Part XV - Mr. Ed can't find his medicine...

Well, Lora Reinbold just got covid, and the headline is predictable: "Airline-Banned Anti-Mask GOPer Gets COVID, Predictably Treats It With Horse Pills"

I was at Disney this week in Orlando, FL. You must mask up indoors but could be mask less outside at the parks. At Disney Springs they even have a mask vending machine. I understand though that Disney is a tourist attraction and will charge for everything, LOL. Mrs. goreds2 and I had a great time.

In Ohio, most stores supply a mask for free. The Columbus, Ohio airport provides masks for free.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I was at Disney this week in Orlando, FL. You must mask up indoors but could be mask less outside at the parks. At Disney Springs they even have a mask vending machine. I understand though that Disney is a tourist attraction and will charge for everything, LOL. Mrs. goreds2 and I had a great time.

In Ohio, most stores supply a mask for free. The Columbus, Ohio airport provides masks for free.
    Are they at least Disney character masks that they are selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Early bird gets to name the thread.

Plenty of vaccine doses available . . . go get some today (before the kids get them in a couple of weeks).
    Unless the MODs change it...

Back on the Rogan point. I think he is an entertaining guy who a lot of times has pretty good and candid conversations with interesting people. I also think his point about individual health and fitness is very important in battling Covid.

All that said, in the Gupta interview, he took an article on a study that he kept bringing up, but wouldn't listen to Gupta when he tried to tell him why it was misleading. While I do think Rogan is intelligent, he doesn't know how to read a medical study or paper. Gupta was trying to debunk Rogan's point, but Rogan was talking over him.

On another note, we have gotten to this point in society where influential people have their "fanboys" who do the influencer's bidding. I used to be on an OSU website where a lawsuit came out that two of the owners were screwing (or attempting to screw) the members. Even during this time, there were people out there doing the disgraced owners bidding. Attacking anyone who dared say something negative about the guy screwing them over. Same thing with Rogan, he can say he wants to sue CNN, but he can't. If he took ivermectin, which he did, what grounds does he have. He is just drawing attention and fame to himself, letting his fanboys out there fight his battle. And you can lump in the former pre...................

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Back on the Rogan point. I think he is an entertaining guy who a lot of times has pretty good and candid conversations with interesting people. I also think his point about individual health and fitness is very important in battling Covid.

All that said, in the Gupta interview, he took an article on a study that he kept bringing up, but wouldn't listen to Gupta when he tried to tell him why it was misleading. While I do think Rogan is intelligent, he doesn't know how to read a medical study or paper. Gupta was trying to debunk Rogan's point, but Rogan was talking over him.

On another note, we have gotten to this point in society where influential people have their "fanboys" who do the influencer's bidding. I used to be on an OSU website where a lawsuit came out that two of the owners were screwing (or attempting to screw) the members. Even during this time, there were people out there doing the disgraced owners bidding. Attacking anyone who dared say something negative about the guy screwing them over. Same thing with Rogan, he can say he wants to sue CNN, but he can't. If he took ivermectin, which he did, what grounds does he have. He is just drawing attention and fame to himself, letting his fanboys out there fight his battle. And you can lump in the former pre...................
    The point with Rogan was CNN saying he took horse medicine. Was it a paste? Was it prescribed by a vet? No and no. It was not a medicine for a horse

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Are they at least Disney character masks that they are selling?
    I am having trouble uploading picture of the vending machine. They are Generac masks and the machine did not post a price. I guess they figure you are using a credit card and price is no issue.

EDIT: I wore my Cincinnati Reds mask!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The point with Rogan was CNN saying he took horse medicine. Was it a paste? Was it prescribed by a vet? No and no. It was not a medicine for a horse
    The greater point is, had Rogan been able to sue, he would have. Ivermectin is a horse dewormer with a very specific use in humans. Treatment of Covid is not that, in essence, CNN reporting that he took horse medicine was not factually incorrect.

But Joe Rogan would be glad you are taking up his battle for him.

I was watching TV Land last night. It was one of my favorite episodes, here is part of the script:

Setting: Night time, stall. Camera zooms in to Mr. Ed sleeping - he snores! A noise is heard off camera, Mr. Ed wakes up.

Mr. Ed: Who is that? Wilbur is that you?
    Wilbur: Ed, its just me, go back to sleep?
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, what are you doing back there? Are you in my medicine drawer?
    Wilbur: Just go back to sleep (wheezy cough)
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, why are you taking my medicine? I have worms from that cheap food you've been giving me.
    Wilbur: Ed, (cough, cough), I'll replace the medicine in the morning (cough, cough)
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, you don't look very good - kind of gray around the gills - and why are you going through the fish tank supplies?
    Wilbur: Ed, its just a little flu, it's nothing, go back to sleep.
    Mr. Ed: Wilbur, you look terrible - and why are you so close to me?
    Wilbur: It's nothing (cough, wheeze, cough). (Wilbur falls over)
    Mr. Ed: I can't intubate you, I don't have any hands. Ugh...
    Wilbur: Can you at least kick that bleach over this way, I need a little sip...

13. Likes:

M2 (10-15-2021),Redsfaithful (10-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The greater point is, had Rogan been able to sue, he would have. Ivermectin is a horse dewormer with a very specific use in humans. Treatment of Covid is not that, in essence, CNN reporting that he took horse medicine was not factually incorrect.

But Joe Rogan would be glad you are taking up his battle for him.
    I don't even know how to access his show. I get one has to stream it through YouTube or something but I'm not one of fans...but he's right on this one. The form of Ivermectin he took was not horse dewormer

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't even know how to access his show. I get one has to stream it through YouTube or something but I'm not one of fans...but he's right on this one. The form of Ivermectin he took was not horse dewormer
    If you've never seen his show, how do you know what he took? Did he share the prescription with you or are you just going on what you've read about what he's said?

It is so bizarre to me that the horse dewormer folk get so irate when you dare to not take their Joe Rogan binky seriously.

To intelligent people who chose to get the vaccine, it is totally irrelevant whether the horse dewormer came in pill form or paste form. It is chemically the same thing. The pedantic argument they are trying to make makes them look even more stupid.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 10-15-2021 at 02:01 PM.

17. Likes:

M2 (10-15-2021),RFS62 (10-24-2021),Strikes Out Looking (10-15-2021)

We're still doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    It is so bizarre to me that the horse dewormer folk get so irate when you dare to not take their Joe Rogan binky seriously.

To intelligent people who chose to get the vaccine, it is totally irrelevant whether the horse dewormer came in pill form or paste form. It is chemically the same thing. The pedantic argument they are trying to make makes him look even more stupid.
    And the horse dewormer version is flying off the shelves. Maybe people can't get enough of that apple flavor.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?