Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Stewart was right there to do something after the elbow but chose not to. Went with the "hold me back" strategy.
    He went through waves of "am I gonna kill LeBron James?" He didn't get to the full yes, but I'm pretty sure that kid would do well in Thunderdome.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

That was a nasty elbow from LeBron. He hit Stewart with a very violent motion. He should get suspended for at least a game. Stewart lost his mind, but he did gethit in the head and literally saw red because blood from the blow flowed into his eye.
    Very disappointed in LBJ. Just a dirty, violent play. And Westbrook was an instigator in the handbags that followed.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-21-2021),Rojo Rijo (11-23-2021)

Malcolm Brogdon feasted upon the soul of Lonzo Ball (-32, 0 pts) tonight.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Betterread (11-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    That was a nasty elbow from LeBron. He hit Stewart with a very violent motion. He should get suspended for at least a game. Stewart lost his mind, but he did gethit in the head and literally saw red because blood from the blow flowed into his eye.
    Very disappointed in LBJ. Just a dirty, violent play. And Westbrook was an instigator in the handbags that followed.
    Was dirty af. Should get suspended for many games. Some no name would get like 20 games for that lol.

9. Likes:

jimbo (11-23-2021)

LeBron suspended a game, Stewart two.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ay-altercation
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    LeBron suspended a game, Stewart two.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ay-altercation
    I get the logic for Stewart but that’s superstar rules there for Lebron. Anyone else that threw that elbow would get 5 games.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 11-23-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

goreds2 (11-23-2021),M2 (11-23-2021),Revering4Blue (11-23-2021),Rojo Rijo (11-25-2021)

The Philadelphia 76ers have a chance to complete a .500 road trip without Joel Embiid when they visit the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night in San Francisco.

The 76ers were without more than just their All-Star center when they limped into Sacramento and pulled out a 102-94 win on Monday night. They trotted out a starting lineup of Georges Niang, Furkan Korkmaz, Andre Drummond, Matisse Thybulle and Tyrese Maxey.

Drummond and Maxey led the way, Drummond with 23 rebounds and Maxey with 24 points.

Among the missing: Embiid, Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, Seth Curry and Danny Green.
    More here: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/7...best-warriors/

Will be cool if the 76ers can somehow pull out a win and get a .500 west coast trip!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    More here: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/7...best-warriors/

Will be cool if the 76ers can somehow pull out a win and get a .500 west coast trip!
    Probably not, but it's nice for us to dream.

I do wonder if the Kings, after being beaten by both ends of the Sixers bench, are thinking a little harder about loosening up some talent to go after Simmons though- especially after Halliburton threw up a 0-point effort on Monday. You had to figure that if Luke Walton watched the game, he simply folded his arms, shook his head, and quitely muttered, "Yep. Wasn't me...".
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

15. Likes:

goreds2 (11-24-2021)

NBA was nuts last night. Lots of super long winning streaks-- which is weird because I'm having such a difficult time determining who's for real.

For example:

TWolves beat a nearly full strength Heat with KAT having a poor game. Malik Beasley had what felt like his first really good game of the season. Allan Edwards had perhaps the best dunk of the young season, but it was called a charge. (Ahem. I don't typically criticize officials, but that one... Hmmph.) That bring Minnesota to .500-- I think they're playing a bit over their heads against the easiest part of their schedule, but it's fun to see some success there with an undeniably fun team to watch.

The Suns won their 14th straight, with Devin Booker getting nova hot again, and Chris Paul icing it late against a game Cleveland squad. Booker's shooting far better while taking fewer shots. The offense is humming right now, and their defense (with Javale McGee providing 6th Man of the Year two-way production off the bench) is showing signs of being really good. One of the interesting things about that squad is that they play very many people-- nine guys played last night-- but no one plays too many minutes. That's a sign of a coach who knows what he's doing, IMO.

The Hornets won for the seventh time in eight games against the Magic. They didn't shoot well at all, but you don't need to if you're playing the Magic. Lonzo Ball screwed up the one-on-none fastbreak dunk by trying to showboat a bit, then compounded his mistake by fouling the guy who got the rebound. Kids will be kids. Miles Bridges had an off game, but is still a 20 pt per game scorer. That's allowed Hayward to slide down to PF (with Oubre, Ball and Rozier soaking up backcourt minutes) to make them a much better team. Killes PJ Washington's minutes, but if the team's winning, it's a good move, right?

The Nets won their fourth in a row, blowing out the Celtics. That's seven of eight and 12 of 14. That team's gelling without Kyrie-- a troubling sign for the free-spirited PG. I wonder about his free agency next off-season-- and whether Brooklyn will look to deal him before then. (A Kyrie for Simmons deal make all sorts of sense for the Nets, but I'm guessing the Sixers would be gun-shy about adding yet another flake in place of a flake.) Is Irving the worst teammate in modern NBA history?

Finally, the Warriors won for the 13th time in their last 14 games, beating the undermanned Sixers by 20. The biggest issue for Philadelphia in the whole Simmons saga isn't that he's screwed up the starters. With the blossoming of Maxey, the Sixers might well be better (and far better equipped) as the game tips off. What is screws up is their bench. Compare the Philly bench to Golden State's-- which dominated. Huge difference. Perhaps as Embiid comes back, they'll be better. IMO, in order to compete for a championship, the Sixers desperately need the talent infusion of Simmons-- or a Simmons deal, but I recognize I'm in the minority there.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2021),M2 (11-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Probably not, but it's nice for us to dream.

I do wonder if the Kings, after being beaten by both ends of the Sixers bench, are thinking a little harder about loosening up some talent to go after Simmons though- especially after Halliburton threw up a 0-point effort on Monday. You had to figure that if Luke Walton watched the game, he simply folded his arms, shook his head, and quitely muttered, "Yep. Wasn't me...".
    We gave it a good game and led at halftime just was outmanned at the end.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Finally, the Warriors won for the 13th time in their last 14 games, beating the undermanned Sixers by 20. The biggest issue for Philadelphia in the whole Simmons saga isn't that he's screwed up the starters. With the blossoming of Maxey, the Sixers might well be better (and far better equipped) as the game tips off. What is screws up is their bench. Compare the Philly bench to Golden State's-- which dominated. Huge difference. Perhaps as Embiid comes back, they'll be better. IMO, in order to compete for a championship, the Sixers desperately need the talent infusion of Simmons-- or a Simmons deal, but I recognize I'm in the minority there.
    What screws up Philly's bench is having to play between 2 to 4 of their bench rotation players as starters every game and having to give the bottom half of their bench real minutes. The last sentence of yours is a strawman. No one has claimed that the Sixers don't need to bring in talent for Simmons to position themselves for a long playoff run.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    We gave it a good game and led at halftime just was outmanned at the end.
    Yeah, another moral victory I guess, but it was pretty clear that their legs were gone after halftime. I did think that Rivers relied to heavily on Drummond throughout the game. He's just not quick enough to defend the kind of cutting offense the Warriors run. It wouldn't have made up for the number of shots the Sixers bricked (most short) in the 2nd half, but it would have been nice to see Paul Reed's energy for 15+ minutes, especially when the Warriors went super-small. I'm not sure why Rivers has soured on Reed- who did really well defending Giannis.

--Ted Williams

21. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2021),Revering4Blue (11-25-2021)

NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I get the logic for Stewart but that’s superstar rules there for Lebron. Anyone else that threw that elbow would get 5 games.
    Saw a video of him getting two fans tossed from court side last night. Walked up towards them with security saying “that’s the m****r f****r right there”, without looking directly at them, and they were removed. Not sure what the fans did/said but if he had to get security I would assume it was words, so to me for him to have somebody tossed while simultaneously calling them MFers and not making eye contact is what makes it childish.

That man has the most fragile ego. He’s in the twilight of his career and his put together team is struggling and he can’t handle it.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 11-25-2021 at 11:18 AM.

23. Likes:

Betterread (11-25-2021),goreds2 (11-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    No one has claimed that the Sixers don't need to bring in talent for Simmons to position themselves for a long playoff run.
    You argued that Morey's plan was the wait until next season to deal Simmons.

For a team built around an injury-prone 28-year-old, any year they're not going for it is wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Saw a video of him getting two fans tossed from court side last night. Walked up towards them with security saying “that’s the m****r f****r right there”, without looking directly at them, and they were removed. Not sure what the fans did/said but if he had to get security I would assume it was words, so to me for him to have somebody tossed while simultaneously calling them MFers and not making eye contact is what makes it childish.

That man has the most fragile ego. He’s in the twilight of his career and his put together team is struggling and he can’t handle it.
    Rumor was the N word multiple times.

No one who says that deserves a front row seat at any sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    You argued that Morey's plan was the wait until next season to deal Simmons.
    No, I did not. While I've stated that Morey is willing to drag this out that far, I'd actually prefer to have Simmons traded as soon as an acceptable return is available; one that's capable of actually providing and extending a window for title contention.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?