Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Re: NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Saw a video of him getting two fans tossed from court side last night. Walked up towards them with security saying “that’s the m****r f****r right there”, without looking directly at them, and they were removed. Not sure what the fans did/said but if he had to get security I would assume it was words, so to me for him to have somebody tossed while simultaneously calling them MFers and not making eye contact is what makes it childish.

That man has the most fragile ego. He’s in the twilight of his career and his put together team is struggling and he can’t handle it.
    I think LeBron wanted a measure of “payback” for getting suspended. I don’t know what they said, but they didn’t look like they were causing a disturbance or even drunk and disorderly. It looked to me like LeBron wanted another person to feel the “injustice” he felt at being suspended .
    And as a self certified social justice warrior he did what he had to do to keep the game “safe”.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yeah, another moral victory I guess, but it was pretty clear that their legs were gone after halftime. I did think that Rivers relied to heavily on Drummond throughout the game. He's just not quick enough to defend the kind of cutting offense the Warriors run. It wouldn't have made up for the number of shots the Sixers bricked (most short) in the 2nd half, but it would have been nice to see Paul Reed's energy for 15+ minutes, especially when the Warriors went super-small. I'm not sure why Rivers has soured on Reed- who did really well defending Giannis.
    I watched Philly play the last two games and you have a legitimate NBA starter In Maxey. He looks fantastic on defense and isolation and driving to the basket. His shot needs work, but he can improve it. He reminds me of Payton, without the Aggro. And he will become Aggro playing for Rivers and Philly.
    And Niang is effective too. He is Rivers’ new Pat Beverly cheap and dirty instigator.
    Thybulle and Korkmaz have their moments, but they look slow and afraid to get burned on O or D. They ‘re good bench rotation guys, but the team suffers when they have to play more than 20 minutes.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (11-25-2021),SteelSD (11-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

TWolves beat a nearly full strength Heat with KAT having a poor game. Malik Beasley had what felt like his first really good game of the season. Allan Edwards had perhaps the best dunk of the young season, but it was called a charge. (Ahem. I don't typically criticize officials, but that one... Hmmph.) That bring Minnesota to .500-- I think they're playing a bit over their heads against the easiest part of their schedule, but it's fun to see some success there with an undeniably fun team to watch.
    Anthony Edwards, Not Allan. He goes by Ant - like Antman (or I like Atomic Ant better ‘cause he has unbelievable hang time when he jumps off two feet). Jarred Vanderbilt was a difference maker in the Heat game. I saw him as a poor man’s Dennis Rodman, but he is showing more ability with more minutes. Maybe a suburban DR, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I think LeBron wanted a measure of “payback” for getting suspended. I don’t know what they said, but they didn’t look like they were causing a disturbance or even drunk and disorderly. It looked to me like LeBron wanted another person to feel the “injustice” he felt at being suspended .
    And as a self certified social justice warrior he did what he had to do to keep the game “safe”.
    Yeah, obviously there are certain things that could be said that would cross the line but the way the whole situation played out tells me all I need to know. If someone says something cross enough to be removed you’re going to have to get in between me and them. Bron has paper thin skin and is a poster boy for today’s sports era of fragility in players.

NBA 2021-22: Giannis Domini

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    You argued that Morey's plan was the wait until next season to deal Simmons.

For a team built around an injury-prone 28-year-old, any year they're not going for it is wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumor was the N word multiple times.

No one who says that deserves a front row seat at any sporting event.
    0% chance I’m buying that anyone is going to use that word openly court side at a NBA game. If that were the case I would need to see video footage of the two fans and the others around them because if that word were used you would clearly be able to see expressions amongst those near them.

That sounds like churned up internet BS.

Now what I’ve heard is they said something about wishing Bronny would die. I can 110% understand his reaction with this but without a getting verified by Lebron or someone else there is no way to be sure. Bron has a history of paper thin skin so it’s hard to see him do something like this and not see a trend.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 11-25-2021 at 08:03 PM.

“Now what I’ve heard is they said something about wishing Bronny would die. I can 110% understand his reaction with this but without a getting verified by Lebron or someone else there is no way to be sure. Bron has a history of paper thin skin so it’s hard to see him do something like this and not see a trend.”

I think that this is crossing a line by targeting the children or family of a player for violence. I understand LBJ’s reaction to get security involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    0% chance I’m buying that anyone is going to use that word openly court side at a NBA game.
    Really?

It's said in Utah constantly. Or was before some of their own players basically said "Enough." I have no clue how it is now, but it was really bad 10 - 15 years ago.

Phoenix has an owner that apparently says the "N" word all the time. So did LA. How is it more difficult to believe the fans of the Suns and Clippers wouldn't use that language too?

Washington, Boston, and Philadelphia have had fans suspended the past two years for hurling racial epithets at players too, fwiw.

It is a constant issue wherever there are fans and emotions close enough to be heard.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-25-2021)

Allegedly it was not a racist comment but a comment hoping Lebron's son would die in a car wreck...strange that Lebron wouldn't come out and say what was said and we have no comment from the court side fans who were ejected. However neither seemed upset at the ejection.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...e2da9e9786feb1
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I watched Philly play the last two games and you have a legitimate NBA starter In Maxey. He looks fantastic on defense and isolation and driving to the basket. His shot needs work, but he can improve it. He reminds me of Payton, without the Aggro. And he will become Aggro playing for Rivers and Philly.
    And Niang is effective too. He is Rivers’ new Pat Beverly cheap and dirty instigator.
    Thybulle and Korkmaz have their moments, but they look slow and afraid to get burned on O or D. They ‘re good bench rotation guys, but the team suffers when they have to play more than 20 minutes.
    Maxey's next challenge is going to be creating and hitting threes consistently off the dribble. He's shown signs of it, but needs to be more consistent. That'll help him increase his volume, which would be huge as he's one of less than a full handful of Sixers who can generate the kind of gravity needed to create open shots for his teammates.

Niang is a weird dude. He reminds me a bit of Mike Scott when Scott was good.

Yes, Korkmaz is slow-ish. He's worked on his ballhandling, but his ceiling there is really just average. He's tricksy offensively, but his real value is- and always will be- whether he can hit threes at a high rate consistently. Thybulle is actually one of the quickest guys in the NBA. He looks slow at times because his recovery speed is almost unimaginable, and he trusts it. However, he has little handle to speak of and his offensive game lags way behind his defense. If he can push his 3-point shooting to @36-37%, it'd be tough to limit his minutes, but @20-25 is about right given his performance and the current makeup of the team.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Allegedly it was not a racist comment but a comment hoping Lebron's son would die in a car wreck...strange that Lebron wouldn't come out and say what was said and we have no comment from the court side fans who were ejected. However neither seemed upset at the ejection.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...e2da9e9786feb1
    I can understand why LeBron might want to hold back from making a comment like that public. If it's my kid, I'd probably try to shield him from that level of hate too.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-26-2021)

Big win for the Twolves in 2OT over Philly. 121-120
    — Philly had the last shot of the game and Ant blocked Embiid.
    —Dlo played out of his mind. Best game of the year 35 Pts with 28 in 4th Q and both OTs.
    —The wolves didn’t steal this game, they led just about wire to wire. And the Fts were 39-16 in Philly’s favor. Without the free throws, Minnesota shot it way better (50-41) shot more threes, more rebounds… Philly played really well in the third quarter, and Ok in the fourth but were crap for the rest of the game. The refs hooked up Philly big time. The NBA has to clean up this crap. This is obviously biased refereeing and it isn’t rare.
    — Dlo postgame quote sums it up “They had guys that sat out and thought it was sweet to come back and play against us. It ain’t sweet.”
    Last edited by Betterread; 11-27-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Suns win their 16th in a row, with key road wins in the process - such as tonight’s win in Brooklyn. The addition of JaVale McGee, which kind of fell under the radar, has been huge.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

18. Likes:

M2 (11-28-2021)

Big win for the Twolves in 2OT over Philly. 121-120
    — Philly had the last shot of the game and Ant blocked Embiid.
    —Dlo played out of his mind. Best game of the year 35 Pts with 28 in 4th Q and both OTs.
    —The wolves didn’t steal this game, they led just about wire to wire. And the Fts were 39-16 in Philly’s favor. Without the free throws, Minnesota shot it way better (50-41) shot more threes, more rebounds… Philly played really well in the third quarter, and Ok in the fourth but were crap for the rest of the game. The refs hooked up Philly big time. The NBA has to clean up this crap. This is obviously biased refereeing and it isn’t rare.
    — Dlo postgame quote sums it up “They had guys that sat out and thought it was sweet to come back and play against us. It ain’t sweet.”
    While I agree with just about none of that, good job to the T-Wolves for playing with a great deal of energy on the 2nd half of a back-to-back.

--Ted Williams

During the Minnesota Philly game they broadcast an update from Doc Rivers about Dave Joerger, who is taking time off to fight cancer. He said they caught it early enough (stage 1 “head and neck”) that the diagnosis for joerger to eliminate the cancerous cells is good. That was good news to hear and I appreciated Rivers’ update.

21. Likes:

goreds2 (11-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Suns win their 16th in a row, with key road wins in the process - such as tonight’s win in Brooklyn. The addition of JaVale McGee, which kind of fell under the radar, has been huge.
    They play Golden State on Tuesday and Friday, and that's looking like a very big deal.
    Last edited by M2; 11-28-2021 at 12:56 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

23. Likes:

goreds2 (11-28-2021),Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?