Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've fallen into the Letterkenny well, and now I'm all about super-soft birthday parties and fighting the menace posed by degens from upcountry. The show is a full wheel, snipe, celly.
    Tried that on the recommendation of a friend, and just couldn't get into it. I may approach it again at some point, but I'm on my own watching it, as the wife didn't like it at all (which may have influence me as well).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've fallen into the Letterkenny well, and now I'm all about super-soft birthday parties and fighting the menace posed by degens from upcountry. The show is a full wheel, snipe, celly.
    Ferda.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

4. Likes:

M2 (06-15-2022)

Hacks is coming back for another season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Hacks is coming back for another season.
    Good - I just wish it (and other streaming/cable shows) had longer seasons 8-10 episodes feels like an appetizer.
    Where we gonna go?

I just watched the 8 shows of the 2022 season of Barry, creAted by Bill Hader, SNL alum. Really funny, very twisted take on a Violent man (Hader) trying to change but unable to do so, and finding encouragement and support from film industry despite his psychopathic bent. Excellent acting, including a gay Chechen gangster played by Anthony Carrigan (brings new meaning and enthusiasm to the phrase 50–50).

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I just watched the 8 shows of the 2022 season of Barry, creAted by Bill Hader, SNL alum. Really funny, very twisted take on a Violent man (Hader) trying to change but unable to do so, and finding encouragement and support from film industry despite his psychopathic bent. Excellent acting, including a gay Chechen gangster played by Anthony Carrigan (brings new meaning and enthusiasm to the phrase 50–50).
    Really good show, Hader and Winkler were great, Carrigan was brilliant

9. Likes:

Betterread (06-22-2022),Chip R (06-22-2022),RFS62 (06-22-2022)

Having finished the Obi Wan show, I'm left feeling nothing, I guess? I used to be such a bigger Star Wars fan than I am now, even through the prequel years.

I think The Rise of Skywalker left me so cold, and these Disney+ shows have ranged from pretty good (Mandalorian), to awful (Boba Fett), to ok (Obi Wan), and it has just sapped most of the SW fandom out of me.

I think the only thing I'd be interested in now is seeing something that moves beyond this time period. Move forward with new characters, new storylines. They've milked this enough.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Really good show, Hader and Winkler were great, Carrigan was brilliant
    Yeah, the scene at the end of the last episode where he's listening to the carnage in the next room was incredible.
    (trying not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet)
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

12. Likes:

Chip R (07-03-2022),westofyou (06-22-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Having finished the Obi Wan show, I'm left feeling nothing, I guess? I used to be such a bigger Star Wars fan than I am now, even through the prequel years.

I think The Rise of Skywalker left me so cold, and these Disney+ shows have ranged from pretty good (Mandalorian), to awful (Boba Fett), to ok (Obi Wan), and it has just sapped most of the SW fandom out of me.

I think the only thing I'd be interested in now is seeing something that moves beyond this time period. Move forward with new characters, new storylines. They've milked this enough.
    Agreed, how many times can they go over the same ground? I was excited for Obi-Wan and like you I just feel....meh?

Star Trek is doing the same thing, dumping so much stuff that all just runs together at this point.
    Go Gators!

I just started Westworld last night, and made it through the first 3 episodes of the first season. So far, I'm really enjoying it. Outstanding cast!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Stranger Things thoughts...

Eleven carried s1. Steve and Lucas carried 2.

Eleven was kinda cringy this season...ep 7 was kinda wat, total waste of time. But yea, no spoilers...just hate everything about Eleven's role this season.

Steve is still the best character.

I missed this post 5 years ago, hilarious
    What would you say.....ya do here?

The Old Man on FX is awesome.

The Bear on FX/Hulu is also awesome.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Just finished Volume 1 of Stranger Things 4. Just really really enjoyed it. Exactly what this season needed to be.
    I watched three episodes last week, not sure I'll return soon, it's pure 80's candy though

Jonathon look like he's 40, his buddy's wig is so bad it's distracting. I did read that someone asked Dusty Baker if he was watching "Stranger Things" and Dusty replied... "What's so strange about them?"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I watched three episodes last week, not sure I'll return soon, it's pure 80's candy though

Jonathon look like he's 40, his buddy's wig is so bad it's distracting. I did read that someone asked Dusty Baker if he was watching "Stranger Things" and Dusty replied... "What's so strange about them?"
    It's his real hair:

https://trendingpal.com/is-eduardo-f...-the-long-hair

The actor that plays Jonathan is 28, I think he struggled with drugs and alcohol the last couple of years, it has definitely not helped him look like a credible teenager
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

westofyou (06-27-2022)

Turn Off Ads?