Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 2022

NCAA Football 2022

Since the season ended in January and the other discussion is NIL thought we needed a new thread:

I would say this is big news:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-commits-texas

Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning in the same QB room. Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-23-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NCAA Football 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Since the season ended in January and the other discussion is NIL thought we needed a new thread:

I would say this is big news:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-commits-texas

Quinn Ewers and Arch Manning in the same QB room. Yikes.
    If Texas was not moving to the SEC, I doubt Manning signs with them.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    They aren’t going to move until 2025 tho
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    They're targeting 2024 but I'm still wondering how the Big 12 is going to work out a season or two of bloat as in accepting expansion before losing OU and Texas

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ame%20timeline.

I still have doubts that Cincinnati, UCF, BYU and Houston are in the same conference as Texas and Oklahoma. It is not good for the Big12 or the SEC......so get the deal done for them to exit.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I still have doubts that Cincinnati, UCF, BYU and Houston are in the same conference as Texas and Oklahoma. It is not good for the Big12 or the SEC......so get the deal done for them to exit.
    Even for Texas and Oklahoma, it's an enormous amount of money to leave early. I think most expect they'll be out by 2024, which would lead to one year with the B12 newcomers, but I think the B12 will make it extra costly to get out a year earlier in 2023. Even if you're Texas and Oklahoma, at some point, leaving a year early just doesn't make financial sense no matter how awkward it'll be for everyone involved in 2023. I'm sure if they're willing to pay the B12 whatever exorbitant amount it'll take to let them out in 2023, the conference will accept it. Regardless, I don't see any way the B12 is at those 14 members past 2023.

It is bigger than his College football play. Its a manning family play to buy the Cowboys from Jerry Jones. Only reason he picks Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    It is bigger than his College football play. Its a manning family play to buy the Cowboys from Jerry Jones. Only reason he picks Texas.
    The Manning family can put together $7 Billion?
    ― Marcus Aurelius

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-29-2022),Sea Ray (06-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Even for Texas and Oklahoma, it's an enormous amount of money to leave early. I think most expect they'll be out by 2024, which would lead to one year with the B12 newcomers, but I think the B12 will make it extra costly to get out a year earlier in 2023. Even if you're Texas and Oklahoma, at some point, leaving a year early just doesn't make financial sense no matter how awkward it'll be for everyone involved in 2023. I'm sure if they're willing to pay the B12 whatever exorbitant amount it'll take to let them out in 2023, the conference will accept it. Regardless, I don't see any way the B12 is at those 14 members past 2023.
    I just do not see how it benefits the Big 12 to have Oklahoma (or maybe Texas) winning their conference the next 2-3 seasons. If I was running the Big 12, I am trying to work out a deal both sides can accept and get on with building the new brand before the next TV deal. I get that many Cincy, UCF and BYU fans think they are going to come in and be able to take it from Oklahoma, but I would bet heavy on they will be disappointed.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Assuming he doesn’t redshirt Manning will be a Junior if they do come in 2025.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The Manning family can put together $7 Billion?
    They can with help from Texas alum and boosters......

I just do not see how it benefits the Big 12 to have Oklahoma (or maybe Texas) winning their conference the next 2-3 seasons. If I was running the Big 12, I am trying to work out a deal both sides can accept and get on with building the new brand before the next TV deal. I get that many Cincy, UCF and BYU fans think they are going to come in and be able to take it from Oklahoma, but I would bet heavy on they will be disappointed.
    They are still in the Big 12 even though they are lame ducks. Getting into the CFP is money and prestige for the conference (and their teams.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They are still in the Big 12 even though they are lame ducks. Getting into the CFP is money and prestige for the conference (and their teams.)
    Remember Texas is the team that's struggled to beat Kansas... They're not getting anywhere near the CFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

17. Likes:

Chip R (06-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Remember Texas is the team that's struggled to beat Kansas... They're not getting anywhere near the CFP.
    I actually think Texas might be fairly solid this year. They will probably get blasted by Alabama, but I can see a 10 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Point taken. Well, Oklahoma then.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?