Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Re: 2021-22 NBA playoffs, 2022 NBA off-season and 2022 NBA draft

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Well, they just resigned Jalen Smith, which I’m happy about. Not sure they need Ayton instead of even more talented wings TBH. Maybe they’ll package Turner and Theis and other assets fir Ayton in a sign and trade.
    I suspect that's Phoenix's play-- Ayton for Turner in a sign-and-trade deal.

I'm guessing Indiana is attempting to add Hield and grab some more young talent or wing help.

Speaking of, how about this three-way deal?

Miami trades Duncan Robinson to Indiana and receives Jae Crowder from Phoenix.

Phoenix trade Ayton and Cam Johnson to Indiana and Crowder to Miami.

Indiana trades Tuner and Hield to Phoenix and receives Ayton and Cam Johnson. They also receive Duncan Robinson from Miami.

That gives Indiana Ayton, Cam Johnson, and Duncan Robinson for Turner and Hield.

That gives Phoenix Tuner and Hield at the expense of Ayton, Crowder, and Johnson.

That gives Miami Crowder and it costs them Robinson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You may be right. But I’d be surprised if he turned down the opportunity to team with Jokic and Murray in Denver. I like that trade idea that BZ suggested.
    Denver would make a ton of sense from a basketball standpoint, and I get the sense players do not try to avoid it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Love the haul Ainge got for Gobert.
    Massive haul for Gobert, but it'll be really interesting to see how it shakes out in Minnesota.

D'Angelo Russell
    Anthony Edwards
    Slo Mo
    KAT
    Gobert

Defensively, Gobert solves so many of their issues, like, immediately. Anderson is exceptional as well. Other teams will hunt mismatches with DLo and KAT, but Gobert erases a lot of that by just dropping back and playing center field (as he did so often in Utah). By himself, he makes Minnesota a much harder team to play offense against. Anderson's ability to switch two through five is also going to be helpful. If Playoff Edwards is for real, the Wolves' starting five should be very good defensively.

But they need a bench too. Nowell and McLaughlin are seemingly being given lots of room to show their talent, and Taurean Prince and Jaden McDaniels become backups at the forward spots. (Does Prince have enough in him to be a SF? Really?) Were I GM, I'd dangle Naz Reid (who I suspect could be a second-division starter at center and acquit himself well) for a wing. I might see if some combination of DLo, Reid, and McDaniels might grab, say, Buddy Hield, Oshea Brissett, and a pick.

Speaking of, DLo's the key for that team, right? Opposing squads are going to hunt him defensively. He has to get better on that end. Too, he needs to play within the offense and not hunt shots so often. (The Minnesota offense can stagnate when he's in the game, especially when he thinks he's got a hot hand.) Anderson's a wonderful passer and playmaker. Edwards took massive leaps forward last season in that regard. KAT's always been an above average passer with a good basketball IQ. The key is DLo.

6. Likes:

Betterread (07-02-2022)

Really like the Huerter trade for Sacramento.

That gives them quite a bit of shooting they lacked last season:

PG De'Aaron Fox/ Davion Mitchell
    SG Malik Monk/ Terence Davis
    SF Kevin Huerter/ Jeremy Lamb/ Josh Jackson
    PF Harrison Barnes/ Keegan Murray/ Trey Lyles
    C Domantas Sabonis/ Richaun Holmes

That's a team that can go 10 deep with pretty solid players. It's got plenty of shooting to keep teams honest and some playmaking too. They'll play fast and can go either big or small.

Latest rumor is Durant would want to play with the roster that is currently in Miami, and that's just not possible. The best Miami could do would be Hero, Robinson, and their 2023, 2027, and 2029 unprotected 1sts, plus throw in some swaps in the even years. Even with that deal Miami would still have to find a way to shed close to 16 million and they can't do that while retaining Bam, Jimmy, and Lowry.

Seems like Phoenix is still the preferred option and I don't blame him. They're one of the top contenders and if the Suns could navigate a deal where they S&T Ayton (you would need to convince both he and Brooklyn) add Bridges and some picks (Phoenix has no future draft pick obligations) a deal could work easily. Even without Ayton involved, say he signs elsewhere, that deal could work. For Durant playing with Paul and Booker is about as good of a situation he's going to find.

The only better option for Durant in my opinion would be Denver. If he could get to Denver and you had him, Jokic, and Murray, that's unstoppable in my opinion. Jokic is arguably the best player in the NBA and Murray (if healthy) is a sniper who has developed a strong all around offensive game. The price would be Porter, Gordon, Bones, and some package of picks. Denver however would not be able to give Brooklyn nearly the package Phoenix could in terms of picks, but Porter could be a star and that should entice Brooklyn.

Ultimately I think Durant ends up in Phoenix. They're better equipped to give Brooklyn what they desire and Durant would have to love the opportunity to play with Chris Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Massive haul for Gobert, but it'll be really interesting to see how it shakes out in Minnesota.

D'Angelo Russell
    Anthony Edwards
    Slo Mo
    KAT
    Gobert

Defensively, Gobert solves so many of their issues, like, immediately. Anderson is exceptional as well. Other teams will hunt mismatches with DLo and KAT, but Gobert erases a lot of that by just dropping back and playing center field (as he did so often in Utah). By himself, he makes Minnesota a much harder team to play offense against. Anderson's ability to switch two through five is also going to be helpful. If Playoff Edwards is for real, the Wolves' starting five should be very good defensively.

But they need a bench too. Nowell and McLaughlin are seemingly being given lots of room to show their talent, and Taurean Prince and Jaden McDaniels become backups at the forward spots. (Does Prince have enough in him to be a SF? Really?) Were I GM, I'd dangle Naz Reid (who I suspect could be a second-division starter at center and acquit himself well) for a wing. I might see if some combination of DLo, Reid, and McDaniels might grab, say, Buddy Hield, Oshea Brissett, and a pick.

Speaking of, DLo's the key for that team, right? Opposing squads are going to hunt him defensively. He has to get better on that end. Too, he needs to play within the offense and not hunt shots so often. (The Minnesota offense can stagnate when he's in the game, especially when he thinks he's got a hot hand.) Anderson's a wonderful passer and playmaker. Edwards took massive leaps forward last season in that regard. KAT's always been an above average passer with a good basketball IQ. The key is DLo.
    You identified the reason Tim Connelly (new GM) went hard after a center. Twolves biggest weaknesses were rebounding and paint defense. They started this FA season talking about adding a Capela, Hartenstein, etc, but in the end went after the best available talent to address those weaknesses. Gobert is the best rebounder and paint defender in the NBA. Now Finch has to find ways to maximize his talent on offense. Dlo and Gobert in PnR could be a lethal option to diversify their isolation sets (horns)for KAT and Ant.
    On defense, Gobert will be a game changer, moving KAT to PF (could be interesting to see KAT guard quick small PFs ) and Jaden (Big Mac) goes to SF to guard taller wings. If you like Wiggins’ defense, Big Mac is 10x better.
    The bench was weakened in the trade, but Finch thinks Nowell (great creator, terrible D ) and Jordan McLaughlin (little Mac) are ready and Prince and Slomo are proven, former NBA starters. And they signed Bryan Forbes last night for more shooting.

But I am very anxious about the draft picks we gave up. So many picks, and two after three years (2025) when who knows what the team will be like. It was an overpay. And dealing with Ainge, who won the Garnett trade when he as in Boston, makes me doubly anxious.

In the end, the Twolves were a 7 seed last year, and needed to get a lot better to stay competitive in a tough western conference. Denver, LAClips, GS still have more talent, so now Twolves are up with a Phoenix talent level (assuming no Ayton). So they pass Memphis and Dallas, due to their losses of Brunson and JJJ to injury (on talent, let’s see how the talent meshes) on paper. That is your preseason top 7 in the west. That is a strong group for the pelicans, Lakers, Kings, (and Portland, of course- ha) to crash. But history shows some teams will disappoint and some teams will jell.
    Last edited by Betterread; 07-02-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Latest rumor is Durant would want to play with the roster that is currently in Miami, and that's just not possible. The best Miami could do would be Hero, Robinson, and their 2023, 2027, and 2029 unprotected 1sts, plus throw in some swaps in the even years. Even with that deal Miami would still have to find a way to shed close to 16 million and they can't do that while retaining Bam, Jimmy, and Lowry.

Seems like Phoenix is still the preferred option and I don't blame him. They're one of the top contenders and if the Suns could navigate a deal where they S&T Ayton (you would need to convince both he and Brooklyn) add Bridges and some picks (Phoenix has no future draft pick obligations) a deal could work easily. Even without Ayton involved, say he signs elsewhere, that deal could work. For Durant playing with Paul and Booker is about as good of a situation he's going to find.

The only better option for Durant in my opinion would be Denver. If he could get to Denver and you had him, Jokic, and Murray, that's unstoppable in my opinion. Jokic is arguably the best player in the NBA and Murray (if healthy) is a sniper who has developed a strong all around offensive game. The price would be Porter, Gordon, Bones, and some package of picks. Denver however would not be able to give Brooklyn nearly the package Phoenix could in terms of picks, but Porter could be a star and that should entice Brooklyn.

Ultimately I think Durant ends up in Phoenix. They're better equipped to give Brooklyn what they desire and Durant would have to love the opportunity to play with Chris Paul.
    If I'm running the Nets, I want that Phoenix deal. Ayton and Bridges are quality players, and the Suns would have an old core, meaning those could be some tasty picks down the road.

Boston got a lot better by acquiring Brogdon for flotsam. I love his game: good d, good shooter, good creator. But he is frequently hurt. As long as he is healthy for the playoffs, that will not be a problem. Boston is not worried about the regular season. They are focused on reaching the pinnacle.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Boston got a lot better by acquiring Brogdon for flotsam. I love his game: good d, good shooter, good creator. But he is frequently hurt. As long as he is healthy for the playoffs, that will not be a problem. Boston is not worried about the regular season. They are focused on reaching the pinnacle.
    I liked the trade from the Pacer perspective as well.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I suspect that's Phoenix's play-- Ayton for Turner in a sign-and-trade deal.

I'm guessing Indiana is attempting to add Hield and grab some more young talent or wing help.

Speaking of, how about this three-way deal?

Miami trades Duncan Robinson to Indiana and receives Jae Crowder from Phoenix.

Phoenix trade Ayton and Cam Johnson to Indiana and Crowder to Miami.

Indiana trades Tuner and Hield to Phoenix and receives Ayton and Cam Johnson. They also receive Duncan Robinson from Miami.

That gives Indiana Ayton, Cam Johnson, and Duncan Robinson for Turner and Hield.

That gives Phoenix Tuner and Hield at the expense of Ayton, Crowder, and Johnson.

That gives Miami Crowder and it costs them Robinson.
    Indiana must accept that offer if presented even though the Robinson contract could prove problematic down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I liked the trade from the Pacer perspective as well.
    I’m ok with it. The Pacers now have three 1sts next year. But I’m under no illusions of the players involved contributing significantly, at least as Pacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-03-2022)

The Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets are actively engaged in discussions on a trade package that would send star point guard Russell Westbrook to Brooklyn in exchange for star point guard Kyrie Irving, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
    Draft compensation is an ongoing talking point for the Nets and they want shooting guard Joe Harris — who is recovering from left ankle surgery — and his remaining $38.6 million owed over the next two years included in the deal, sources said.

The Lakers have been disinclined to the inclusion of Harris, and are instead seeking the insertion of sharpshooter Seth Curry as part of the arrangement, sources said.

Curry is on an expiring $8.5 million deal.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lak...233348495.html
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Trevor Lane
    @Trevor_Lane

Luol Deng is now officially off of the Lakers' cap sheet.

12:00 AM · Jul 1, 2022
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I’m ok with it. The Pacers now have three 1sts next year. But I’m under no illusions of the players involved contributing significantly, at least as Pacers.
    Yeah, that deal on the Pacers end is mostly about clearing future cap. Maybe Nesmith pops. Wouldn't surprise me if they move Theis along in another deal. Seems like their general plan is to set themselves up to be dealers. What are your thoughts on the likelihood of them moving Turner before the season starts?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Yeah, that deal on the Pacers end is mostly about clearing future cap. Maybe Nesmith pops. Wouldn't surprise me if they move Theis along in another deal. Seems like their general plan is to set themselves up to be dealers. What are your thoughts on the likelihood of them moving Turner before the season starts?
    If Nesmith can find his shooting stroke?

Turn Off Ads?