Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 MLB In Season Discussion pt. II

Re: 2022 MLB In Season Discussion pt. II

A few dahllors I’m guessing $$

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like the idea of Dahl. Wonder what he'd cost.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-16-2022),mth123 (08-16-2022),Old school 1983 (08-16-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

No idea. But I can’t see it being bank breaking. I’d take a look at Zimmer who was just DFAd as well. Lefty. Can play center. Capable of positive WAR seasons. I think both could give a good boost without breaking the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Saw that David Dahl is a FA again. The Reds really need to jump on that. I might even try a 2 year deal. He needs To bounce back, but the Reds are in desperate need of LH and OF help. I doubt he’s worse than Senzel or Aquino.
    Have you guys looked at his numbers recently? He seems more cooked than a turkey dinner. .538 OPS 2020-2021 in the big leagues and found no takers for a big league look after a decent-ish start to the year in AAA. Now he went back to doing nothing and Washington cut him. I wouldn't even bother with him as Louisville depth.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

NC Reds (08-16-2022),Ron Madden (08-16-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Have you guys looked at his numbers recently? He seems more cooked than a turkey dinner. .538 OPS 2020-2021 in the big leagues and found no takers for a big league look after a decent-ish start to the year in AAA. Now he went back to doing nothing and Washington cut him. I wouldn't even bother with him as Louisville depth.
    Reds will sign guys like Dahl to help fill out the ST roster, no problem. But with six weeks left they are going to see what is going on in their own house. Expect a parade of .610 OPS hitters up and down the lineup and a lot of baseball Tetris

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-16-2022)

I just looked. He's been Senzel level awful the last two years. I agree, I spoke too soon. Minor league deal and invite to Spring Training and hope he's next year's Drury. The Reds have no internal candidates that I would want starting in next year's OF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Baseball is a funny game

Joey Gallo as a Dodger: .932 OPS
    Andrew Benintendi as a Yankee: .625 OPS
    I don't want Benintendi to play bad, but could lower the price for the Reds this off season. I think he's a good fit on this team for a 2-3 year deal.

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Today is the 102nd anniversary of the pitch that killed Ray Chapman

Watch War On The Diamond--Official Trailer:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=moYkMx...ature=youtu.be

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-16-2022),Revering4Blue (08-17-2022)

He might be cooked but the Reds current options have been cooked, stolen, and eaten by the Bumpass’s dogs like 3 Christmases ago. He should be entering his prime years. GABP is a bandbox. Take the risk.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-16-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Reds will sign guys like Dahl to help fill out the ST roster, no problem. But with six weeks left they are going to see what is going on in their own house. Expect a parade of .610 OPS hitters up and down the lineup and a lot of baseball Tetris
    I am ready for some Tetris without Senzel and Aquino.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-16-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Sonny Gray tonight (so far): 6IP, 1H, 1BB, 10K
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

CySeymour (08-17-2022),Ron Madden (08-16-2022),Tom Servo (08-16-2022)

Braves give Michael Harris 8/$72.

The Reds need to be seriously considering an early deal like this for Cruz if he looks good when he's called up.

Braves now have guys locked up at 1b (Olson), 2b (Albies), 3b (Riley), RF (Acuna) and CF (Harris). If/When they lock up Swanson, they are set long term at 6 of the 8 non-pitching positions on the field.

Such a good drafting and development operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Braves give Michael Harris 8/$72.

The Reds need to be seriously considering an early deal like this for Cruz if he looks good when he's called up.
    If I were a top talented young player, I wouldn’t lock myself into the Reds. Yes, there’s a level of security provided. But I’d bet on myself to accomplish big things with a better organization ASAP. I guess I might stay if the deal is very favorable financially.

It’s different than an older FA looking for a huge payday with much accomplishment already achieved. Those guys sometimes will just sign with the highest bidder.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-17-2022 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If I were a top talented young player, I wouldn’t lock myself into the Reds. Yes, there’s a level of security provided. But I’d bet on myself to accomplish big things with a better organization ASAP. I guess I might stay if the deal is very favorable financially.

It’s different than an older FA looking for a huge payday with much accomplishment already achieved. Those guys sometimes will just sign with the highest bidder.
    Well, they would be controlled by the Reds for around 6 years regardless. So it's not 0 or 8 years, it's trading a few more years of control for guaranteed money.

Of course, they could be traded, but that is true in either scenario. But the Reds would be the ones to decide that, not them.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Mariners @ the Angels this afternoon for free on YouTube. I will have my trident ready.

Turn Off Ads?