Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

Re: 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Arizona scored 61 points in the second half of the game at the Maui Invitational, and was outscored as the Bearcats put up 63.

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-23-2022)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The B1G looking good. The PAC 12? Not so much.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-22-2022),Kingspoint (11-23-2022)

What's the worst major college basketball team in recent memory? DePaul the year they went 0 for the Big East (and then beat Cincinnati in the Big East Tournament)? Georgetown last year (also 0 for the Big East)? Can Louisville this year top the awfulness of those teams? I think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    What's the worst major college basketball team in recent memory? DePaul the year they went 0 for the Big East (and then beat Cincinnati in the Big East Tournament)? Georgetown last year (also 0 for the Big East)? Can Louisville this year top the awfulness of those teams? I think it's possible.
    Does Kenny Payne get a second chance? He’s already lost a legacy recruit to the in state rival. I was hoping he would make the rivalry interesting again but I think he would have been better off starting somewhere smaller first.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    My '08-'09 Hoosiers went 1-17 in the B1G. 6-25 OA.

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-25-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Does Kenny Payne get a second chance? He’s already lost a legacy recruit to the in state rival. I was hoping he would make the rivalry interesting again but I think he would have been better off starting somewhere smaller first.
    I don't know how this will end for Kenny but I agree with ya. He should have started off with a "lessor" gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The B1G looking good. The PAC 12? Not so much.
    Rootin' for the Beavs...make the tournament, and go from there.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Arizona scored 61 points in the second half of the game at the Maui Invitational, and was outscored as the Bearcats put up 63.
    Evidently 'Zona doesn't play defense but the Bucknuts do?

Tennessee plays Butler tonight at "Atlantis". Anyone know anything about Butler this year? Are they good? I know Bostonred follows the Big East. Just wonderin'

They're supposed to be not good. But Thad Matta is their coach, so they'll be well coached.

It's early but so far Tenn has very little inside game. It's all about the shooting, particularly 3 pointers. If it's a cold night they can lose to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Tennessee plays Butler tonight at "Atlantis". Anyone know anything about Butler this year? Are they good? I know Bostonred follows the Big East. Just wonderin'
    Most projections have the Bulldogs at the bottom of the Big East just ahead of DePaul and Georgetown. Butler did play Penn St. tough. The Lions, to some, will be the "surprise" team out of the B1G. On a few of the ratings services I have looked at have the 'Dawgs rated somewhere are #70 in the country. On a neutral court I expect the Vols to have an easy time of it. But then again, UT got beat by Colorado.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Most projections have the Bulldogs at the bottom of the Big East just ahead of DePaul and Georgetown. Butler did play Penn St. tough. The Lions, to some, will be the "surprise" team out of the B1G. On a few of the ratings services I have looked at have the 'Dawgs rated somewhere are #70 in the country. On a neutral court I expect the Vols to have an easy time of it. But then again, UT got beat by Colorado.
    Colorado then beat 24th ranked Texas A&M by 28 on a neutral court. The loss by UT doesn’t look so bad now. And if I’m not mistaken, UT lost a player to injury fairly early in the Colorado game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-23-2022)

It's borderline criminal what Georgetown's administration has allowed to happen to its basketball program. Patrick Ewing still being employed sends a clear message they just don't care. Georgetown is now Fordham.

Turn Off Ads?