Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Bally Sports possible bankruptcy?

Re: Bally Sports possible bankruptcy?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Obvious cross-over would be for the Reds to set up own channel, run it as a public television station,hold pledge drives and run sponsorship messages from Viking River Cruises. Mr Votto's Neighborhood could run in the mornings for the kids.
    I'd settle for them putting the games back on channel 5.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

Chip R (01-27-2023),goreds2 (01-27-2023),Roy Tucker (01-28-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I'd settle for them putting the games back on channel 5.
    I think that is a non-starter. No network affiliate is going to turn over 5 hours of prime time programming during the week 100 or so times a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

KYExtemper (02-05-2023),westofyou (01-27-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think that is a non-starter. No network affiliate is going to turn over 5 hours of prime time programming during the week 100 or so times a year.
    Agreed. But I figured since we were already in Mr. Votto's Neighborhood, it might as well all be on free tv...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-27-2023),Chip R (01-27-2023)

Obvious cross-over would be for the Reds to set up own channel, run it as a public television station,hold pledge drives and run sponsorship messages from Viking River Cruises. Mr Votto's Neighborhood could run in the mornings for the kids.
    As many series reboots as they do these days I'd be all for Votto as the new host of The Baseball Bunch. I loved that show as a kid.

9. Likes:

757690 (01-27-2023),Assembly Hall (01-27-2023),Bob Sheed (01-27-2023),Chip R (01-27-2023),cumberlandreds (01-27-2023),RedsBaron (01-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    As many series reboots as they do these days I'd be all for Votto as the new host of The Baseball Bunch. I loved that show as a kid.
    I think he'd be good at that.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Does anyone know if "This Week in Baseball" still airs?
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

The RSNs are second to ESPN in what they receive from the cable companies both get about $6 a month . Here in Austin Spectrum has not carried the Astros for 10+ years due to their RSN's demands and I have not heard any complains as opposed to when Spectrum resisted the fees demanded by the Longhorn Network.

Sure it does! Here's an episode that aired "not too long ago":

14. Likes:

757690 (01-27-2023),cumberlandreds (01-27-2023)

For me the bottom line is that I am a six hour drive from Cincy and I am in a blackout area. I had to use a proxy server as I subscribed to mlb. i am glad to pay 20 or 30 bucks a month to see the Reds play but the system does their best to block me. I at one time had Direct TV and watched Bally on there and then switched to Dish and the got in a dispute with Bally and dropped them. You shouldnt have to work that hard to pay someone to see a game.

16. Likes:

Chip R (01-30-2023),Old NDN (02-06-2023),Red Raindog (02-04-2023),RedForLife (03-17-2023),REDREAD (01-29-2023),Sassy Sal (01-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Sal View Post
    I wonder if they are regretting they sold BAM Tech, the streaming technology they developed to Disney.
    Besides the short term cash infusion, I could never figure out why MLB sold this. Keeping online streaming rights would have cut the Gordian Knot that is today’s MLB televising of games. It was dumb.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-28-2023),Wonderful Monds (01-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I would actually love for the Reds to have their own channel.. because then they have an incentive to put out a product that people want to watch.

I know the orginal article blamed "cord cutters" for Bally losing revenue, but what about teams like the Reds that are tanking?
    I remember someone saying that the Reds ratings were down about 25% last year.. maybe that was not the exact number, but it was a pretty big drop.
    I'm sure Bally's ad revenue took quite a hit from that.
    Laura's Lean Beef is not going to pay a premium rate for a 100 loss team that fewer people are watching.

This might be the only hope of fixing tanking..
    even jerky!

20. Likes:

Chip R (01-30-2023),KYExtemper (02-05-2023),REDREAD (01-29-2023)

Watching on MLB.TV every inning there would be a commercial for butt crack deodorant, can't imagine ad rates were too high.

22. Likes:

KYExtemper (02-05-2023),RedForLife (03-17-2023),REDREAD (01-29-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Besides the short term cash infusion, I could never figure out why MLB sold this. Keeping online streaming rights would have cut the Gordian Knot that is today’s MLB televising of games. It was dumb.
    I wonder if it was because all of that money was spilt evenly among the teams and the big market guys didn't like the sharing.
    Go Gators!

Fox did a revival a few years ago - but ESPN and MLB Network have made it pointless.

I used to love to watch it and would get to Reds games early to watch it on the Jumbotron at Riverfront
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

25. Likes:

757690 (01-28-2023),Bob Sheed (01-29-2023),cumberlandreds (01-28-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    For me the bottom line is that I am a six hour drive from Cincy and I am in a blackout area. I had to use a proxy server as I subscribed to mlb. i am glad to pay 20 or 30 bucks a month to see the Reds play but the system does their best to block me. I at one time had Direct TV and watched Bally on there and then switched to Dish and the got in a dispute with Bally and dropped them. You shouldnt have to work that hard to pay someone to see a game.
    Well, I’ve decided to stop paying someone just to see the Reds. To me the $30-35 dollar difference isn’t worth it, especially over 12 months.

I’m just inside the Reds market and I’ve had Directv stream, but they just sent another price increase and I’ve gone back to Youtube TV.

I really wonder since DirectTV lost NFL Sunday ticket will they too go under? I cannot believe they can continue to support satellite technology and carry so many useless and redundant stations…especially when they’ve lost their golden goose.

Turn Off Ads?